1052 Boston Post Rd / I-95, Milford, Connecticut, 06460, United States
Hotels.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Milford

Yummy warm rolls and olive oilYummy warm rolls and olive oil

Artichoke Spinach DipArtichoke Spinach Dip

Enjoying some tasty Indian Food (10/2010)Enjoying some tasty Indian Food (10/2010)

Lime Soda and Taj Mahal LagerLime Soda and Taj Mahal Lager

Travel Tips for Milford

Local weekly paper for "happenings"

by ariesm44

The New Haven Advocate has been around a long time. Loads of listing for arts, events, Best of stuff - voted on my readers, clubs, music, concerts, etc.

If you are coming to the area, check it out:

Decent Sports Bar and Grill

by cjg1 about SBC .

This is a place I've been a couple of times. Some just for drinks. Some for food. The place is right by the river so if you are sitting at a booth you can look down into the river and the foliage. SBC is more of a hangout/sportsbar type of place that has outdoor seating in the summer. SBC also makes their own beer here too and have a wide variety of drinks and bar food available.

Our last visit to SBC was on a friday night in June 2010. We were headed north to Massachusettes and decided to stop off for a bite to eat. The outside of the restaurant was jam packed with diners enjoying the nice weather. We were fortunate enough to be seated at a nice booth in the sun. After perusing the menu we both decided on burgers. A regular cheeseburger for Liz and a Bacon burger for me along with an ice tea and diet pepsi.

I found my burger to be very good and i enjoyed the fries. My wife on the other hand found hers to be a bit on the greasy side. She instead picked at the fries and pickle on her plate. We even had some entertainment while eating; a motorcycle and a car collided right in front of our window. We gt to enjoy the driver of the car fleeing on foot, the biker errupting at the passengers who then relatiated and the melee of motorcycle cops that arrived on the scene. We watched the action as we ate some dessert; chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches.

The chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches made the meal in my opinion. Two soft cookies with heaps of vanilla ice ceram in the center served with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. They were incredibly good and glad I saw them on the specials menu.

SBC is a decent place for pub grub type food but I don't go out of my way for it.

Our choice for good Diner Food

by Gypsystravels about Kimberly Diner

We enjoy coming to this dinner. The place is very small but the service and the waitress (Dahrling, I love you today, lol) is so great, she brings a smile to anyone's face!!

The food here has been consistently good and we have never had an issue with anything we order. We usually come by for breakfast, but Ferni has had their burger and said it was quite good.

The place gets very crowded and the prices are good, so it's our pick of diners to come to. I've had their Texas French Toast which was quite good with yummy maple syrup, the eggs over with bacon and I love their home fries. Ferni usually has the scrambled eggs with bacon and toast.

Really Good Lunch

by cjg1 about Red River Grill - CLOSED

The food here is really good. It was recommended by a friend who lives in the area and I came away very happy to have come.

Although technically in Orange CT it is on the post road heading out of Milford.

Breakfast with the Bogy's(CLOSED)

by cjg1 about Equinox Diner (CLOSED)

Equinox is my favorite diner in this area. The diner itself is relatively new. Inside is quite colorful with tables and booths is bright blues, yellows and greens. This diner draws a crowd but we haven't waited more than five minutes to be seated. The menu consists of the basic diner items along with some specialties. The food here is quite good and the portions are good.

We often come her for breakfast or lunch with some friends before a shopping excursion or just passing through. The Sunrise Breakfast Burrito and the Eggs Benedict are my breakfast favorites here. The gyro here is good and I enjoy their extra thick Strawberry Milkshakes. Liz likes their Belgian Waffle with cinnamon apple topping and their cheese burger.

Comments