The Lily Pad

44 Prospect Street, Milford, Connecticut, 6460, United States

More about Milford

Ferni's (dry) pasta and chicken parmFerni's (dry) pasta and chicken parm

Liz waiting for her meal at the Black BearLiz waiting for her meal at the Black Bear

My Lamb and Liz's Aloo Gobhi PalakMy Lamb and Liz's Aloo Gobhi Palak

Liz enjoying her Samosa (10/30/10)Liz enjoying her Samosa (10/30/10)

Travel Tips for Milford

Sporting Goods

by cjg1 about Dick's

Dick's is a sporting goods store located in the Westfield Mall. They carry everything from clothing to large exercise equipment and sporting goods. My wife and I decided to start a gym at home instead of having to drive to the gym for some exercise. Dick's has a large selection of excercise equipment and we were able to find exactly what we wanted for a decent price.

The sales associate was very helpful and loaded the machine into the back of our truck.

Delicious Indian Food

by cjg1 about Coromandel Cuisine of India

My wife and I are huge fans of Indian food and often find ourselves in Milford shopping, visiting friends or just passing through. Coromandel is a wonderful Indian restuarnt that we very much enjoy for their delicious food and attentive service.

Locate in a strip mall on Route 1; it can be easy to miss this place. It's tucked away in a corner of the strip mall so it's pretty much hidden if it is dark out. The inside of the restaurant is very spacious with plenty of seating. The interior is decorated in vibrant colors, wall murals and interesting lighting fixtures. Liz and I have our favorite booth; which we are often seated.

The menu has a nice variety of meat, lamb, chicken, fish and vegetarian dishes. They also have a nice assortment of cocktails and beer. Daily specials are in the menu and they are very accomodating if you want an appetizer turned into an entree sized portion.

Portion size here is quite large; so expect to have a doggie bag (we always do). The food here is incredibly fresh, delicious and flavorful. The service here is spot on and very friendly; it makes me miss my favorite Indian joint in Herndon Virginia.

They also have daily lunch specials as well as weekend all you can eat buffets. This place is also an AA I-dine; which is a bonus. Liz and I love their Vegetable Samosa as an appetizer. The triangle pastry with spiced potatoes and green peas is perfectly cooked and flavorful. I like that the peas and potatoes are more mashed together than some other Samosas I have had before. To drink I love the Kingfisher or Taj Mahal lagers; quite nice with the meal. My wife likes a lime soda that they make for her with fresh limes, juice and club soda; it is very refreshing and I thought it was very good.

The Lamb Sagwala is my favorite dish. the meat is perfectly cooked and seasoned. I love dipping my Garlic Naan in the spinach gravy. By the way their nann is incredibly good; we love to split an order of the garlic.

My wife leans more towards the vegetarian items and loves their Aloo Gobhi Palak. She has raved about the flavor and after tasting I can agree it is a very nice taste.

Good food and drinks too!

by Gypsystravels about SBC

Ferni and I enjoy coming here. We like their friendly atmosphere, wide selection of drinks and beers and their food is quite good too!!

We usually find ourselves here on either a Friday or Saturday night (although we have been here during a Saturday as well as Sunday afternoon), and although it can get crowded, we never feel like its too much. Our favorite spot is always at the bar where Stacy and the other bar maids take good care of us.

The selection of dishes is quite varied and I would say suprisingly good for the type of place this is (a franchise).

Every dish we have ordered has always been good and satisfying and as a bonus this place is still an AA IDine :), double that with the SBC VIP card (for every $10 spent you get $1, or 10% of your bill) and you get a really good bargain.

Whenever we are anywhere near the area, we make it a point to stop in and enjoy a few drinks, excellent food and hanging with some new friends, since many are regulars and I guess where are as well! Ferni and I usually order from the appetizer menu, as there are so many yummy choices and more than enough to satisfy anyone. We have ordered their calamari which comes with two nice dipping sauces, the chicken strips which are juicy and come with tasty dipping sauces, chicken bites (Ferni's favorite), the tasty and juicy burgers, the steak tips (wow, this was great), the teriyaki dumplings, yum, yum, yum, again, the B/M Mixed Grill which was a special and quite excellent too!! This was a combination of grilled chicken breast, steak, a few shrimp, and mashed ($17.99)....wow, really good!!

Prices are great, ranging from $5.99-$9.99 for the appetizers and burgers. Anything you order from their menu is good and we have never been dissapointed with any of our selection of food!!

They also have a great Sunday Brunch with a really nice selection of dishes.

Good Nachos & Beer

by cjg1 about Buffalo Wild Wings

Bufalo Wild Wings is a chain restuarant I actually like due to their inexpesive beer and pub grub. We are often in this area visiting friends or shopping and are glad to have a place to grab a snack or a beer. This location is conveniently on the Post Road and in the Westfield shopping center. It's a nice sized Wild Wings with an outdoor terrace to enjoy the good summer weather. We like meeting up here with some friends to help them escape some parenting duties for a bit. The food here is good and the service is very attentive.

The menu has a variety of burgers, appetizers and of course their famous wings. The wings come in variety of sauces that range from mild to smoking hot. The happy hour drink specials are great; whee else can you get $1 and $2 beers...

Be warned though since it is located "in the mall" it is usually filled with tons of families with screaming or hyper kids....don't say I didn't warn you. Also, if there is a sporting event on TV avoid the place...it is a mad house and you probably won't get a good seat. We like the nachos and the cheeseburger slammers to share. The nachos are a nice sized portion served with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, beans, chili and sides of sour cream and salsa. The cheeseburger slammers are three mini cheeseburgers served with french fries. The burgers are juicy and the fries are very good. The onion rings are also excellent but the sauce tends to repeat for hours in my stomach. The wings are incredibly good and I like the Mango wings. The apple pie is very good here; served on a warm skillet with ice cream and gooey caramel sauce...Yum!!!!

Ok drinks.

by cjg1 about Cabo (formerly Cancun Charlie's)

This place is right across the street from the water with outdoor seating available. We stopped at Cancun Charlie's for a bite to eat after visiting a friend in the hospital. When we entered we were seated immediately. The restaurant was busy but not packed considering it was a Friday night. Our waiter handed us menus and brought over some chips and salsa for the table. I decided to have the tacos and Liz ordered a Quesadilla. Our entrees arrived rather quickly and were a nice sized portion. Neither of us could finish our entire meal, there was just too much. The service here was very good and much needed since we were starving. The food here is pretty good but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here. we have better Mexican food in Port Chester where we live but if you're in Milford and feel like Mexican then by all means come here. The drinks here aren't bad.
My tacos were quite good and Liz enjoyed her quesadilla. The tortilla chips and salsa were very good as well.

Comments