2411 South Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States

More about Holiday Sands South

Was worth the trip

Well, I was stressed about finding a place to take my mom. She wanted to go to Myrtle Beach. After some agonizing nights staring at the computer I went with Holiday Sands South. (HSNorth had sold out while I was still deciding) Good choice. Away from the teen crowds and over-rated touristy part with folks sitting in the parking lots. HSSouth was friendly, oceanfront, and reasonably priced. We had a 2 bedroom with kitchen. The carpets were clean, the balcony private, the pool quiet (we were on the 8th floor.) Did not even have to wait for the elevator more than 2-3 minutes. Maid service was great. I would stay here again and more importantly, so would my mom....

Excellent Choice

HSS was an excellent choice for our vacation stay. Rooms were clean and everyone was friendly. The best part is the rates here are the best you will find. I looked at all the hotels and HSS was the best for what was offered.

Wonderful Stay

by TripAdvisor Member conki

This was an excellent place to stay. The rooms were clean and the maids did an excellent job everyday. We had a sideview eff. room. We could even sit on the balcony and see the ocean. Our room did overlook the lazy river at the hotel next door and it was noisy during the day but 11:00 at night it was closed. No complaints at all. We do not need anything fancy so this was perfect for us. We are out most of the day. The bed was very comfortable. I will definately stay here next year and every years after that unless something changes.

Great Employees, But Hotel Needs Updating!

by TripAdvisor Member rayejoe

The best part of this hotel was the staff! We arrived on Aug 8th, 2004 and were greeted by the most friendliest staff! The hotel was clean, but is in great need for updating. We stayed in a nice oceanfront two bedroom efficiency, but the furniture and appliances were falling apart. Our housekeeper was the best and made sure we had everything we needed. With some updating, Holiday Sands South could be one of the best on the beach!

decent for the money

We stayed 3 nights and the rooms were clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. There were some stains on the sofa and on the top of the drapes??, but still decent for the money. The staff was very helpful with pointing the right way to nearby attractions, and the cleaning staff were always punctual and thorough. The only things that were disappointing was the "ocean view" room which was a view of the gigantic hotel next door, unless you lean out over the railing to see the beach. The next thing was the amount of chlorine in the pools. It bleached out every swimsuit we wore into it. The last is the "ample parking" which is ample if you park across the road and dodge traffic to get to the hotel. I would stay there again if they had another rate special like the one we received

clean but outdated

by TripAdvisor Member krchamp

We arrived late the night of our stay, the front desk attendant was very rude and seemed aggrevated that he had to actually work (Daytime staff was much better). The hallways smelled, but the rooms were exceptionally clean. The appliances were very old and hardly worked. The furniture was very old and outdated. There were a few stains on the mattresses ( at the bottom where the sheet didn't cover). The pool had too much chlorine. It bleaches out swimsuits and makes your eyes water just from the strong smell. Not bad for the money, but probably wouldn't stay again.

Not too shabby

It's a good place to stay economically speaking, but I would have to agree with the majority and say that it is outdated. It was very convenient as far as location because it was only a quick walk away from the action on Ocean Blvd., such as the Pavillion, Ripley's, and Peaches'.

Always a delight

As I was about to write this I noticed that there were some negative reviews especially ones concerning "smells" and "outdated", All I can say is that I have been here at least once a year for the past five years or so. I have been with my daughter, my family, and my friends. I take everyone that I go to the beach with there and I have never noticed any so-called smells in the hallway and elevators. They do have smoking rooms( which for us smokers is great), but that could be the smell that some are talking about. As far as being out-dated, sure everyone could use some updating, but the price, the specials that they offer, and the staff, this more than makes up for any so-called smells in the hallway. Like I said I have visited this motel on many occasions and during various times of the year. I have NEVER been disappointed and the front desk people treat you like family every time you stop by or call. They never seem to bothered by our many requests for directions, take out places, etc. and the one time I did have a problem with a television not working, the prompt attention to the matter corrected the situation very quickly. I would recommend this motel to anyone looking for a friendly, family-oriented, affordable way to vacation. With so many people overlooking customer service in this day and time it is wonderful to have such a great staff looking after you. I give this hotel "two thumbs up" in all areas.

Loved the place

We just returned from our vacation and I could not wait to write a review. We thought the Holiday Sands South was great! The rooms were clean, staff were very helpful. They answered plenty of questions that I had about how to get to different places and were extremely pleasant to deal with. We had a an Oceanfront 2 room efficiency. With four of us in the room, it was plenty big. We thought for the money, it was a bargain. The pool was adequate. Plenty of chairs and lounges. Had to get there early to get a table with an umbrella though. Shady areas were available at different times of day. We will definitely go back to stay.

Great Hotel, Friendly Staff, Reasonable Prices

We arrived at Holiday Sands South a few days before our reservation. We were treated very well and given a great room while waiting for our room to become available. We were very happy with our two month stay and plan to repeat this every year and become true "Snowbirds". We couldn't ask for better service, cleaner rooms, or friendlier staff. Overall, Holiday Sands South was wonderful and we could not have been happier.

Comments