Jamaican Motor Inn

See Amenities

Wonderful, Retro Motel with Excellent Hospitality

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 6, 2010

I love this motel. If you enjoy staying in a clean motel that is of the typical style circa 1960-1970, this is the place for you. It is NOT a sky scraper, but rather a four floored motel. This means it is less hectic, less crowded and more relaxing. The property is owned by the Caribbean Resort which is comprised of the more glamorous sky-scraper motels. If hustle and bustle with a high-altitude view is what you are after, do not choose The Jamaican. However, if you do want to stay in a place that will feel more like a home-away-from home while having the added bonus of using the fancier pools, water slide and lazy river offered at the Caribbean Resort's newer properties next door, then I encourage you to book a stay at The Jamaican.

Apart from the more relaxing and nostalgic atmosphere of the physical space, I must note the EXCELLENT hospitality offered by the staff at this property! The pool caretaker would not allow me to lift a finger when I arrived at the pool early one morning and attempted to open the umbrella at the pool side table. He quickly came over and sweetly told me to "take it easy and let me do this because you spent your hard earned money to stay hear and I am happy to help you have a relaxing vacation." Other staff in the outdoor corridors of the motel where always friendly, cheerful and accommodating. Most remarkably, the maid (her name is Lurlana and she is responsible for the third floor) found and turned in my daughter's beloved stuffed lamb which had been accidentally left behind. When I called about this the staff was so helpful in tracking down the lamb and made sure that it was safely and swiftly to returned to our home via Federal Express. In addition, my daughter had left behind a bubble gun, and that, too, was returned in the package. I cannot say enough wonderful words to describe how pleased I am with the staff working at The Jamaican!

Another wonderful asset is the location of The Sea Captain's restaurant between The Jamaican and The Caribbean Resort. The food at this restaurant is affordable and delicious. I highly recommend the breakfast buffet that has omelets made-to-order before your eyes! In the day, the restaurant will serve sun bathers both food and drinks on beach lounge chairs facing the Atlantic Ocean. Also, during the day, there was a live magician show during the week and in the evening, live entertainment (for free).

Unique Quality: -Homey
-Clean
-Nostalgic (in a good way)
-Quiet and restful
-Clean and uncrowded pool
-Ocean front pool and most rooms have gorgeous ocean front views
-Small wading pool for tots
-Excellent restaurant next door
-By cutting across the grassy backyard of the Sea Captain's restaurant, one can use the pools, lazy rivers, water slide and tiki bar found at the Caribbean Resort (upon check-in, each member of the group is given a band to wear guarantees access to these bonus features)
-Coin-operated, laundry facility available in basement with inexpensive charge

Directions: Easy access to Broadway. Location at the end of the motel strip means you avoid traffic problems getting in and out. It is possible to walk to tourist shops and to the newly created promenade and traditional favorite "Gay Dolphin" gift shop. Ocean front.

Nearby Jamaican Motor Inn

Jamaican Motor Inn

• Jamaican Hotel Myrtle Beach
  • Jamaican Motor Hotel Myrtle Beach

Address: 3006 North Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 29577, United States

Amenities at Jamaican Motor Inn

• Swimming Pool
  • Free Parking

Myrtle Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Myrtle Beach, Connecticut? Visit the Travel Forum for Myrtle Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Myrtle Beach Travel Guide