Brigadoon of Mystic

180 Cow Hill Road, Mystic, Connecticut, 06355, United States

More about Mystic

Strawberry ShortcakeStrawberry Shortcake

Liz waiting for her mealLiz waiting for her meal

harp and houndharp and hound

Mystic PizzaMystic Pizza

Travel Tips for Mystic

The Game is Afoot

by kaloz

Back aboard the Clipper, they gather 'round to see what is in the tube. It is easy enough to sneak away and secret the real message. Blind Sandy opens the tube and dumps the contents to the dismay of those who are not in our crew. We tell 'em that we got it, and are not inclined to share as there are too many on this here boat. Jo Jo brandishes his cutlass, and threatens me! I pull mine and after we cross swords, I tell him that the secret goes to the bottom if he kills me. We are not greedy and thems that are part of his crew will not go without, but they only get a quarter share for their bad luck. "Blackjack" Blake gives the cap'n our new heading, south, and we haul canvas to our next port of call. The winds are not so fair and we beat the wind and get on our woolens as a cold breeze changes the mood.

A Fair Wind

by kaloz

We are headed for Block Island. This northern run is in fair winds, and we hang three jib sheets and as much canvas as she will take. We are making 16 knots, and the sun warms our hearts as our spirits soar. The wind makes the rigging sing as it will on a fine tuned boat. We are nearer to our goal! We've overcome treachery, deceit, and foul winds, and the treasure is surely ours!

Lobsterfest

by keeweechic

Lobsterfest is held over Memorial Day weekend (last weekend in May) under Mystic Seaport's open-air boat shed on the banks of the Mystic River.

Chowderfest - You can choose from clear or creamy, clam or corn chowder and take in the lovely New England Autumn foliage. The fest is held over Columbus Day weekend in October.

Nearyby Mystic: Stonington Bourough

by donpaul77

Stonington Borough is a small and peaceful village located about 10 minutes from downtown Mystic and is a good option as a place to stay for those looking for a serene New England experience. Stonington has a long history as native American land, a colonial trading post, a whaling port, and is now a residential area with tourism as it's major trade. The downtown area consists of a few restaurants, a coffee shop, a few boutique shops and galleries, and a church or two. The quiet, tree shaded streets are ideal for riding a bicycle or taking a stroll to the waterfront where there is a small, active fishing fleet. There are several nice B&B's around.

In October, it was a positively idyllic weekend for us. We had easy access to nearby Mystic, parks and attractions, or could hide away the Borough.

Directions From I-95 Southbound take exit 91. At the bottom of the ramp, turn left. Take your fourth left onto North Main Street. Follow that road straight across at the stoplight to the first stop sign. Turn left onto Trumbull Avenue. At the next stop sign, turn right and go over the bridge. At the base of the bridge, curve to the left onto Water Street

Love the Salad Bar

by cjg1 about The Steak Loft

The Steak Loft is a restaurant located right off og I-95 near the Mystik Village Shops. We were on a roadtrip headed North and growing quite hubgry for diner when we decided to stop off in Mystic. I had never been here before but my wife has eaten here previously; so I decided to try it out.

It was a Friday night and the parking lot looked jammed but we manged to find a spot right in front. Surprisingly the restaurant had no wait and is quite spacious with several dining areas as well as a huge bar. Our waitress seated us at a nice table for two in the second dining room.

As the name implies; the Steak Loft has a large selection of steak as well as seafood, chicken and other items. I was feeling like meat so I went with the filet with stuffed shrimp and a side of red mashed potato. Liz chose the Maryland Crabcakes and steak fries for her entree. We chose unsweetened ice teas as our beveregaes. All meals come with the unlimited salad bar; which to me was the best part of the meal. The sald bar has large iceberg wedges; quite nice along with assorted cold salads, breads and the usual salad fixings. I loved my iceberg wedge pilled with blue cheese, cucumbers, broccoli, bacon and croutons (which were rather good).

Our food arrived quickly and we dug in. My meat was very good; cooked perfectly to a medium rare. I wasn't overly thrilled by the exterior charring but it was good regardless. The shrimp stuffing was good but the shrimp itself were hard to eat due to they were still attached to their shell. My potatos were okay but I liked my wife's steak fries better and managed to steal a bunch from her plate. Liz enjoyed here crab cakes and upon tasting a bite I discovered how good they were for myself.

We manged to still have room for dessert and ordered a strawberry shortcake for me and an apple crisp for my wife. I loved my strawberry shortcake. The cake was moist, the strawberries were sweet and I loved the ice cream. Liz wasn't thriled with her crisp. It was overly sweet and had tons of rasins in it (what are raisins doing in a crisp?). She made due and just enjoyed the vanilla ice cream on top.

I must admit for a place smack in the middle of tourist central it had good food and service for a price that doesn't break the bank. I would definitely return here; probably not have the shrimp again but that salad bar was excellent.

Comments