20 Coogan Boulevard, Mystic, Connecticut, 06355-1900, United States

Travelocity Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Excellent stay in the heart of Mystic!

We elected to stay at the Mystic Hilton for various reason, location, price and I needed the Hilton stay. The hoetl is convenitenly located about 1/4 mile off exit 90 of I-95 (on Cogan Blvd) and near all the attractions of Mystic (Mystick Village was across the Blvd and the Aquarium as well).

The service at this hotel was excellent, we had a minor problem with our car and everyone from the front desk to the maintenance guy were so helpful trying to get us all the information and assistance we needed. We were so grateful that we wrote a letter to Hilton praising their employees for going above and beyond their work duties.

The hotel has a really nice lobby with plenty of places to sit with a couple of lounges. They also have a nice gym, swimming pool, and a restaurant (Mooring) where you can enjoy your breakfast.

The King room we stayed in was spacious with a super comfy bed, a loung chair and ottoman, desk with a chair and internet hookup, credenza with a decent size tv, coffe maker with all the fixings and a really nice bathroom with hair dryer and plenty of towels :)

The hotel also accepts pets, an added bonus for those who travel with their pooches. While we were there there were plenty of people with their dogs.

We enjoyed our stay here and would definitely stay here again on another visit.

Unique Quality: We had a minor propblem with our car and the service here surpassed the normal and customary service you would expect. The room was spacious and what we needed for our brief stay.

More about Hilton Mystic

Mystic Hilton

by missnghawaii about Mystic Hilton

Spacious, clean rooms, an excellent restaurant on site, and within walking distanc of other restaurants and the aquarium

not what I hoped for

just returned form a trip to mystic ct. stayed at the Mystic Hilton. Not what I expected. With a name like Hilton attached you would think that it would be great. rooms small with 2 beds, no microwave, or ref.
pool has warm clean water but tiles need to be scrubbed. rest. $$$$$$$$$$. we ate elsewhere. nice but not worth the price. can find better in the area.

A class act

On October 14 we checked into a ground floor accommodation. Although we were reluctant at first, the room was positively first rate. It was quiet as it backed onto the park-like playground/field. The linens were all fresh and lighting was more than sufficient. But what prompts me to write is the service. When it became evident that a cellphone had been left in the folds of the bedspread, the hotel not only confirmed this (we called four hours later) but had it sent to the next destination in up state New York. A generous tip was most certainly in order.

If that were't enough, the hostess in the breakfast area personally came up to our table that morning and asked if we would like to have an omelet from the station, that she would be happy to get one for us (breakfast was included in our stay). I should add that we are not VIP's but tourists who happened in at this hotel. The bartender/waiter at the pub was a great deal of fun and handled orders both at counter and tables adoitly. And at check-out, a pleasant good-bye. Is there a catch? I don't know. But I should point out that we were part of a group tour and simply availed ourselves of the guest services. Because we were given substantially discounted rates at the hotel for the tour, we expected to be herded around like most tourits. Not at the Hilton Mystic. I am proud of our association with this class act.

Perfect choice if Foxwood's is soldout

by TripAdvisor Member MBC916

We stayed at the Hilton New Years Eve night since Foxwoods was sold out. This hotel is clean, the staff was so accommodating. Above all, their restaurant, The Moorings, was one of the best restaurants I've eaten in. The shrimp cocktail, surf and turf, and the following morning's brunch was delicious. If I had to find a complaint about the hotel, I would say that we received a lot of incorrect information from the staff, e.g., how far a drive Foxwoods is from the hotel, etc. Other than that, I would highly recommend the Mystic Hilton.

Excellent Stay; Great Location

My husband and I just returned from a weekend stay at the Mystic Hilton. We were spending our first anniversary in Mystic and couldn't be happier with our selection in the Hilton hotel. The hotel is very nice and we experienced excellent service since the time we arrived.

Initially, we were not guaranteed a non-smoking king room, because there were two weddings that same weekend. However, I called back the day off our arrival and was upgraded to a junior suite. Can't beat a Junior Suite for only the price of a king room ($143/night with AAA discount)

The food was amazing! We ordered room service in the morning and had a wonderful breakfast. I had cinnamon orange French toast and my husband had the all American breakfast. The portions were tremendous and the food was excellent!

The hotel was also conveniently located near the Indian Reservations. Foxwoods was 8 miles away and Mohegan Sun was 15 miles away. Mohegan Sun blew us away! That casino was amazing! Probably one of the nicest ones we have ever been to. Nicer than the Bogotá in AC and the Bellogio in Vegas! It was also enormous! We didn't even cover half of the casino. The hotel was also very close to the Mystic Aquarium and Seaport.

We cannot wait to come back to Mystic and stay at this hotel again!

Would definitely return

My husband and I just returned from a long weekend in Mystic. We booked our room at the Hilton after looking at many hotels on the web. We were happy to realize that the location was perfect! Right across the street from the acquarium, shopping in Mystic Village, Starbucks, and several restaurants. We walked to the Mystic Harbor Museum about a mile away. The car was hardly used during our time there.
Arriving at the hotel around 10:30 pm we were hungry ater driving 4 1/2 hours. The front desk at the Hilton recommended Jamms Restaurant just steps away. A good place to eat. The staff at the Hilton was very friendly so I was surprised with some of the negative reviews. The staff at the Moorings Restaurant (on site) was also very friendly. Don't miss the breakfast buffet! The restaurant has a great atmosphere and tables are not on top of each other.
Although the hotel is going through renovations (no big deal) we had a spacious king bed room on the gound floor for $199 per night. It was clean, clean, clean. The bathroom was also spacious and looked brand new.
The shuttle to Foxwoods Resort (Wow) is a big plus. We returned to the Hilton on the !:30 pm shuttle. After all the crowds and activity at Foxwoods it was nice to retreat to the peacefulness of the Hilton. Although we didn't use them, we did check out the pool and exercise equipment at the Hilton. The pool had the typical indoor chlorine odor but again was well kept.
Our experience at the Hilton was a very good one from start to finish. We would definitely return.

Not what it used to be

by TripAdvisor Member molly273

I like this hotel, and we've stayed here at least fifteen times since it opened. It has a nice atmosphere. We like the fact that it has an indoor pool. The exercise room is okay, not great, but alright.
One problem is that the prices have gone through the roof, and it's just not worth it. Also, an item of clothing disappeared from my room, and they had no comment. I believe that it was possibly taken with the bed linens, but they wouldn't even check. For the amount they charge, they should be willing to appease the customer. Judge if you like, but good luck and hope you're not in the same situation. We've stayed there many times over the years, too. Also, Hilton does not follow through on their Honors points, so be careful.

Comments