Hyatt Place Hotel Mystic

224 Greenmanville Ave., (formerly AmeriSuites Mystic), Mystic, Connecticut, 06355, United States
Hyatt Place Mystic
Expedia.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

More about Hyatt Place Hotel Mystic

will be really nice when all contruction is done

by TripAdvisor Member dognose

First time in New England. I called to confirm booking, also asked front desk about hotel( Any construction going on? She stated "no". Walked in front entrance and was greeted by guys with Jack hammers doing the floor, walls being contructed. and none of the food services in operation. IF it wasn't for other friends checking in I would have been gone. After manager talked to us,apologized and gave a discount on the room, we were able to go to our room and "WoW' ! They really did a nice job! They compare to some rooms out in Vegas. When they get everything done I would go back! Call them directly to see if everything is done!

Loved It

by TripAdvisor Member GuelphMarlene

We stayed here last week and I have to say this was a fantastic hotel.It is really perfect if you have kids as the rooms have been recently renovated and they are great for a family.The pullout couch is actually a huge sectional with an ottoman.The hotel is close to the aquarium and the seaport village.The breakfast they provide is fantastic beacause it is really healthy.There is plenty of fresh fruit ,oatmeal,yogurt ,cereals and various breads but no fatty sugary foods so parents can feel free to let their children eat anything.The hotel is clean and brand spanking new( or at least newly renovated).

Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Liverneck

Spent the day at Watch Hill beach in RI. Stayed overnight with 2 small children. Staff was very nice and helpful. Rooms were terrific with large high definition televison. Would absolutely stay there again.

Great for Families and Business

by TripAdvisor Member HameytheWonderDog

With two middle-school girls in tow, we needed vacation accommodations that offered privacy and space. This hotel incorporates all of the suggestions you've ever had, from a wet bar with fridge, ample vanity, huge mirrors, desk and separate tub/toilet room, to a pull out couch that the kids actually enjoyed sleeping on. The down pillows and double-sheeting over an 'all season' down comforter made me re-think using that material at home. Bed linens were crisp and 'cottony' and seemed healthier than the typical polyester bedspreads found everywhere else. Downstairs were healthy breakfasts, higher grade snacks than typically found in vending machines, and quiet cubbies for computer use and TV viewing. Finally, the staff, who seemed to be cross-trained, were energetic, responsive and professional day and night. The overall design was modern but a display of art glass vessels of various shapes gave off a warm glow in the lobby. Being "in the business" we appreciated all of the design decisions that went into this facility. Very nice!

Excellet Stay - One of the best

by TripAdvisor Member FBIGUY212

My recent stay at the hyatt place was perfect. This hotel is completly renovated, all the negative reviews must of been during the renovation process. I had to write a review because I think everyone should know that it is finished and it is beautiful. the hotel is very friendly, Modern, spacious and clean. It was well worth the price. Do youself a favor and spend the extra bucks to stay in a nice place. I would not recommend staying at any of the cheaper motels in the area, they looked very dirty.
The rooms were very spacious with 2 double beds and a divided living area with a pullout couch. The bathrrom was nice with 2 sinks seperate from the bathroom, which is great because everyone can get ready without hogging the bathroom. The pool was very clean and heated. The lobby was modern with a free online access room and snacks. The hotel was walking distance to the old mystick village and the aquarium. The hotel also sells discount tickes for most local attractions. I would recommed this hotel for any type. A++++++++++++++++

No longer on my list of places to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Geocaching Ace

I was surprised to find that the hotel has changed names when my corporate hotel directory failed to find the facility. The Amerisuites used to be a backup hotel when I was working in the area and the Residence inn was not available. Since the ownership change, the corporate prices skyrocketed and it is no longer on the approved hotel list due to per diem violation. It never was a great place but was OK in a pinch. Access to and from the facility is on a blind corner and uneasy to navigate. There used to be a Mangers night when the hotel provided a Happy Hour/ light meal - that has been discontinued. Overall, the hot breakfast is nice and the rooms are spacious but there is not a whole lot else on the positive side to identify. The Marriott Residence Inn is a much better deal if you can get in. The fact that the Marriott is always full says something by itself!
A dissatisfied corporate traveler!

Simply Terrible

by TripAdvisor Member shwebba

My family and I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place in Mystic and I must say it was one of the worst experiences I have ever had at a hotel. Hyatt in my opinion has lost some of its class and prestige with these types of hotels.

Instead of making this a long review I will simply give bullets.

- When we arrived, we had to bell our own bags. I literally had to get a bellman cart they had in the lobby bring it to my car and load it myself. Then bring it to our room, which was the wrong type, we asked for a King and got a Double, but they fixed that.

- The room was alright, but some of the furniture had pen markings all over them, not a big deal but not favorable either. In addition the bathroom was not very clean and had a strange smell we couldn't figure out.

- We attempted to call for additional towels and were told they would try to find some. A request for pillows was completely a "no go". To get the towels I had to go to the front desk or rather host kiosk and get them myself.

- Back to the room, you are paying for the TV which was nice but the rest of the room was cheap. Closet didn't work, shower was very weak and the room was just dark and gloomy.

- The hotel has no restaurant only some form of order by touch screen which scared us a bit because not a sole was using it. Everyone seemed to be going out to get food. We did the same and brought it back.

- Basically the hotel was not a hotel but rather a 229.00 a night disgrace for Hyatt and should be ranked a very mid-class motel. Honestly for 229.00 a night they "must" provide much, much better service.

We actually switched hotels the next night and stayed at the Marriott Hotel and Spa for the rest of the trip. 1000 times better and an absolutely spectacular hotel. And you guest it, it was cheaper then the Hyatt. I highly recommend it as it was a pristine establishment and a real hotel. 4 star from my research after the fact. Well worth it.

Hope this helps all of you on your next hotel choice when visiting Mystic.

Nice Hotel, But Overpriced

by TripAdvisor Member 4JohnnyD

Hotel is recently remodeled on the inside and recently turned into a Hyatt Place (formerlly an Ameri Suites hotel). Lobby is nice and modern. Breakfast area is small with little seating room. Need to eat breakfast in the lobby or your room. Breakfast is continental style with no hot food items. Cereal, toast, bagels, and fresh fruit, along with beverages are your breakfast items. Plates are very nice and upscale for breakfast. Room was pleasantly big and clean. There was a stain on one of the bed sheets on the first night on one of the double beds in the room. Hotel staff brought up replacement sheets, but DID NOT remake the bed. That was terrible. A hotel guest having to make their own bed after finding a stained bed sheet. Room has a small screen for changing clothes. Sink is seperated from the shower and toilet room. Room has an awesome plasma flat screen TV. Room has a small refridgerator, but no microwave. That did not make sense. Overall, a nice hotel, but overpriced for the experience and service. Would recommend hotel for one or two people for a short stay, but not for a family.

Cool TV

by TripAdvisor Member adatrip

This is a very cool, modern self-service kind of place. There is a computerized check in system but there were employees there to help if needed. The room is split between a living area with a comfortable sectional and the other had a comfy king size bed. There is a large flat screen TV in the middle that can be titled to face either area in the room. The desk, kitchen area (sink, small refrigerator) and closet were cleverly set up so you feel like the room has a minimalist feel. Breakfast was included with the stay; there was Starbucks coffee, bagels, pastries, cereal and fruit. The eating area extended into the lobby but was clean and organized. The property is very close to everything. I did think the cost was a bit high.

Liz's SaladLiz's Salad

Strawberry ShortcakeStrawberry Shortcake

mystic sweets shoppemystic sweets shoppe

Charles W. Morgan (before preservation)Charles W. Morgan (before preservation)

Comments