Seaport Motor Inn Mystic

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Mystic

Filet with Stuffed Shrimp & PotatoFilet with Stuffed Shrimp & Potato

Filet and Stuffed ShrimpFilet and Stuffed Shrimp

mystic sweets shoppemystic sweets shoppe

Ferni in front of the AmazonFerni in front of the Amazon

Shuttle???

by Yukisan

Is there a shuttle between Mistic Village and Mystic Seaport? Is there an available schedule?

Re: Shuttle???

by mccalpin

I don't see anything on the website, but if you go to http://www.mysticseaport.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewPage&page_id=A7853977-09DB-0345-0C68F47485CF7AA1
you will be able to contact the Mystic Seaport Museum by email or telephone and just ask...

If that doesn't work, look at http://mystic.org/contact
to contact the local tourism office...

Bill

Re: Shuttle???

by Yukisan

Thanks so much, Bill!!!

Travel Tips for Mystic

Boat Ahoy!

by kaloz

The lookout cries out, "Boat Ahoy". AArrgghh! It's that black dog Cap'n White adrift in a jolly boat. We haul him up over the side, and our reward for saving him from the briney is the map he carries. It promises treasure!! We relieve him of the map, and drop him back in his jolly boat near a friendly shore, without his map, of course! A treasure map! and "X" marks the spot. We check our charts and set a new course, south by west. Our spirits our high as the wind fills our sails.

A crew divided

by kaloz

With the prospect of a quarter share, Jo Jo's band is unhappy! Their wench Mistress Hook tries to use her wiles into a larger share. She lost her hand to a shark, and the gaff now her hand makes her that much more attractive. She tries her feminine charms. When I am unswayed, she leaves me with a nasty gash which the bos'n sows closed. It is not my first scar from a woman. The skies darken and the seas turn dark as the cold wind batters us. This is not a good omen. There have been other encounters between us and them. We gather and discuss our position.

The Journey Home

by kaloz

We revel long into the night, and Jo Jo and me even trade songs to the amusement of this crew. Some yarns are spun, and legends are born of journeys and hardships overcome, of adventure and strange lands, and never forget . . . treasure! The morning tide starts us back to our home port of Mystic, good friends all.

Bring your woolens

by kaloz

Pack your gear in your seabag, and sling it over your shoulder. Deck shoes with the squeegie bottoms, I recommend "Sperry" brand. The rest of your clothes should be comfortable and layerable, as the weather is changable. Bring what you'll need. There are no stores at sea. Supplies can be had in port. Sunscreen for those who are fair. Bag Balm to keep your skin moist in the salt air. The sea is salt and there is spray, so your electronic gadgets may get finnicky. I pack a fully manual camera, a 1963 Hasselblad is a good choice. On board things are tight so a wide angle lens, and a portrait lens are best. If you're camera is electronic, bring some sandpaper to clean the contacts Layers are important, and foul weather gear is worth the weight. Sunglasses are a must!! Get a lanyard to keep from losing them. Personal drinks are your choice. I recomend a gallon of water a day, as you'll get hoarse in the salt air. Rum is the sailors drink. Best served in a split coconut with the milk.

Great coffee, food, and desserts!

by lady_murasaki about Bartleby's Coffe Shop

Bartleby's is a great stop after shopping or after meals. They have the "usual" selection of coffees - lattes, cafe au laits, and so on - along with hot and cold teas, juices, and sodas. You can also get some great cakes (I like the chocolate bundt cakes), soups, sandwiches, and other food items. The music played depends on who's working, but it can range from punk to jazz. It's a cozy coffee shop, and you can often find the Bartleby's Chess Club Tuesday and Thursday nights. And, in the winter, it's only of the only places on the strip open after 8:00! As I wrote above, I like the chocolate bundt cakes. I also like their cafe au laits and apple cider. My husband had their reuben and thought it was pretty good.

Comments