Econo Lodge Conference Center

Econo Lodge Conference Center - New Haven
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

More about New Haven

Liz and I enjoying some Brunch (November 2010)Liz and I enjoying some Brunch (November 2010)

Tasty PakorasTasty Pakoras

Enjoying a Sauvignon Blanc at Leon'sEnjoying a Sauvignon Blanc at Leon's

The bar at Leon'sThe bar at Leon's

Is New Have pizza really that good?

by linkblue

Hello, I've been told that New Haven pizza rivals New York pizza. Does anyone agree? And does anyone know where are some places I should check out?

Thanks!

by FRED318

Artichoke Basille’s Pizza Restaurant
328 E. 14th St. (First Ave.)
New York, NY 10003
212-228-2004

by ter1413

Isn't the OP looking for CT locations???

by FRED318

Was ********

by linkblue

Yeah, I'm looking do New Haven locations. I'm pretty hard to impress with awesome NY pizza at my fingertips.

by bocmaxima

True New Haven style pizza is completely different from New York style pizza. You can't really compare the two, and it's not for everyone.
New Haven style is incredibly thin and has very little cheese. It's also coal-fired which leaves that thin crust crispy and somewhat black.
Personally, I don't like it.

by MacedonianUK

There is Luigi Pizzeria on the green in New Haven, two doors up from the Tourist Info centre office on the corner. You can not miss it.
Is in the same road (forgot the name) where the Museum of British art is...Half the way between the museum and the Tourist Info Office.
I'm not big fan of Pizzas, but I will eat them and I think that New Haven one is like the Marmite you rather like it or hate it. you have to grow acostume to it.
To be honest I rather have full Irish brekkie in one of the Irish pubs locally.
Have fun & Bon appetite.
MacedonianUK

Thanks for your help!

Travel Tips for New Haven

Famous sons and daughters of Yale

by SLLiew

Some famous sons and daughters were Henry Winkler of "Happy Days" and Oscar winners Meryl Streep and Jodie Foster.

In politics, they are President George Bush Senior and George Bush Junior.

President Bill Clinton attended Yale Law School and so did Hilary Clinton.

John Kerry and Joe Lieberman were also Yalies.

Parking

by xxy1

Many people cite as the reason they don't visit cities is parking issues. My general tip is to park around the green (Central Park of New Haven) or north of the green. New Haven is small and parking here you'll only be a few blocks from everything.

Sacred Atmosphere

by zChris

Though I'm neither religious or particularly patriotic, it's hard not to admire the sombre atmosphere of Yale's campus, which is so full of both ecumenical and national landmarks. Statues devoted to such American historical figures as Natahn Hale dot its lawns, while chapels and churches seem frequent. The university's unofficial motto, afterall, is "God, Country, and Yale"...probably not necessarily in that order.

I just moved here so I don't...

by emmalola

I just moved here so I don't know a whole lot about New Haven. So far the best memory has to be laughing and crying with friends while trying to survive grad school. But I suppose one could do that anywhere...

Woolsey Hall is the location...

by Judd

Woolsey Hall is the location for numerous concerts, operas and performances. I've seen Beethoven's 9th performed here. I like the building's exterior as well. If you're in town, you might want to take in an event or performance to see the interior.

Comments