85 Norwich Westerly Rd, North Stonington, CT 06359
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Cedar Park Inn And Suites

PERFECT! Couldn't ask for more!

by TripAdvisor Member danib04

I don't understand how anybody could say anything bad about Cedar Park Inn! After reading all of the horrible reviews online I was very skeptical and I was debating on finding a new place to stay. I'm soo glad that I stayed with Cedar Park Inn!!

My boyfriend and I arrived an hour and a half before check-in time. Our room was all ready for us so we went right to our room! The staff was very friendly and very helpful.

I don't know why people are saying that the rooms smell. Not only did the room smell very clean, it was very clean! No candles or air fresheners needed.

We stayed in a Luxury room for 2 nights, which came with a 2 person Jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was perfect size for 2 adults and it was very very clean! The shower was a normal size, plenty big enough for one person. I don't understand why people are complaining about the size of the shower.

The bed was extremely comfortable!!

The complimentary breakfast in the morning was good. You can make your own fresh belgium waffle. They also have cereal, bagels, fresh coffee, danishes, and fresh fruit. Juice and milk as well. We didn't attend the free happy hour that they have 5-8 Fridays and Saturdays because we had dinner reservations, but the people there seemed to be enjoying themselves!

You definitely get what you pay for! and I will definitely be going back to Cedar Park Inn and Whirlpool Suites in the future!! Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions!! dbridges04@hotmail.com

Wonderful!!!

We went here for my 21st b'day. It was GREAT!!! I got a good deal and it was diff worth it. The room was huge. There is nothing to complain about at all. All the reviews said it smelled funny, wan't clean, and the service was horrible. I didnt experience any of this. Thw whole room was wonderful. We went to Mohegan that night mind you in a limo that is free from the hotel. You do have to pay $20 for a tip, but that was okay. There are like 20 channels, so if you want to watch TV the whole time this isnt for you. I didnt mind. What was the point of getting a room if you wanted to watch tv the whole time. My boyfriend even is thinking about renting a room to live in. It was that great. Email me with any questions:rbenzinger01@yahoo.com

mixed bag

by TripAdvisor Member checkde

We stayed here twice recently for one night each trip. Be careful in your room selection, because the rooms vary in size/layout and the size of the whirlpool bath. Our first room was a non-smoking two full beds with a microwave, refrigerator, counter, and two-person bath. It was spacious and located just off the courtyard. Through travelocity we got a rate of $119 before taxes and fees. The second time we got a rate of $89 for kind bed room through the hotel's website and the room was tiny, the bath was tiny, and it was located on the edge of the parking lot. So be sure you know what you are booking.

Positives: Close to Foxwoods and Mystic Attractions, two person whirlpool bath is fun, room reasonably nice for the price. The beds are very, very comfortable.

Negatives: Paper thin walls that ensure you can hear any conversation in neighboring rooms, their television, and whether they use their whirlpool. Don't plan on going to bed before your neighbors do. The first time we stayed, there was no one in the neighboring rooms, the second time we had neighbors. It makes a big difference in the quality of the stay. So if you book this hotel as part of a Foxwoods trip, your first gamble in on whether or not you get neighbors.

In response to some of the other comments, I would describe the staff as indifferent more than rude.

Did we stay in the same place?

I just read the other reviews and I have to wonder if we stayed in the same place. The staff couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. We booked the Inn through Priceline. Priceline listed limo service to Mohegan Sun on thier website. (After booking) I checked the Inns website and it only has service to Foxwoods. When we arrived at the Inn we told them the problem (we were seeing a show at Mohegan Sun) and they arranged for a limo plus gave us a bottle of champagne for the inconvience. This was not thier mistake but Pricelines. True the rooms were small but nicely laid out, clean and had everything you could need. The happy hour (which is actually 3hrs) had many kinds of beverages and snacks. Barb was the server who could entertain anyone. We will return here just for the service, it was excellent!
THANK YOU!

Oh my god!

"What a dump!" had it right. Our room looked like it was set up by a really bad interior decorator on acid. Lots of cheap, giant furniture in a little space. No end tables or lamps by the bed, so don't try to read in bed. I felt like I was in a Dr. Seuss book. The "no smoking" room had more than a whiff of smoke to it. The couch cushion was stained with god knows what. The TV faced into the corner. The jacuzzi was just a tub with jets. Who ever hung the shower curtain couldn't count. There was the same number of unused hooks at one end as there was unused curtain holes at the other. The continental breakfast area hadn't been cleaned in who knows how long. The trash cans were overflowing.

Wouldn't advise my worst enemy to stay here

by TripAdvisor Member TriptoFoxwoods

My boyfriend and I paid a whopping $256 with tax to stay at this "Inn" for one Saturday night in May 2006. It was horrendous. The bed was completely dirty. The sheets looked like it they had never been changed/washed. There was blond hair on the bed. Both my boyfriend and I have dark brown hair. The pillowcases and sheets had black and grey marks on them. Unfortunately, we were too tired to complain to the staff after returning late from a night at Foxwoods. So we just spread some clothes/t-shirts on the bed and fell asleep for a few hours. The two person whirlpool tub was also dirty. There were little hairs and dirt flecks. It honestly looked like it had never been cleaned! The only plus to this dump were the appetizers and drinks they gave us before we went to the casino. Beware--The limo ride is NOT complimentary. You have to pay $5 per person each way..so the total is $20 for two people. Any local motel is better than this place!

Wouldn't spend the money again.

by TripAdvisor Member ToyBK

This hotel wasn't worth as much as they charge. What you are paying for is the proximity to Foxwoods. Beware, the limo ride is not free. There is a mandatory $10 round trip/per person charge. And when one family didn't pay, they got cussed out by the driver. The limo smells like beer and semen anyway.

We rented the luxury room. Luxury it was not. The shower belongs on a space shuttle. You'll be lucky if you can reach behind to wash your behind without busting your wrist on the wall it was so tiny. I had to stick my leg out of the shower to even shave. The room is also very darkly lit, even with all the lights on.

I've paid less for a nicer hotel in Times Square.

Good service in a glum tree house

I surprised my boyfriend with a night at this hotel on a weekday night during the summer of 2005. I booked the room the same day, arrived to check about three hours later and our check in went smoothly, they had our reservation with the same price that I had agreed to online (I used their website's online booking service). The Inn is made up of several small buildings with a few rooms each, and the front desk was in one of them, it was nice looking.
The buildings the rooms are in are nestled among alot of trees, so when we got to our room I felt like I was in a treehouse. The room however was very dark and dank. I didn't notice anything to be outstandingly dirty, everything seemed ok to me. The Inn advertised internet access (we were prepared to use dial up or a dsl line) however we could not get it working no matter what we tried and there was no instructions or pricing sheet.
The bathroom was...interesting. Alot of marble and mirrors. Not many lights. Not dirty though.
We took advantage of the limo service, the Inn's website said it was complimentary but there was a sign on the check in desk that said there was a new fee which was a bummer but at least we were prepared, the other couple we road with were not and that was a bit uncomfortable. Even though we were slightly miffed that we had to pay (I mean, we might as well just gone to another place and paid for a cab, right?) it was a decent ride and the driver came to pick us up when we were done at Foxwoods.
The continental breakfast was ok. Wasn't really that stocked and it closed a little early for our taste but we scrambled to get out of bed for it, but we ended up going to Dunkin Donuts after.

Overall this Inn was acceptable for the weekday rate we paid. I would not pay over $200 for it.

Think twice about staying here.

by TripAdvisor Member RJB1836

We arrived 1 hour early and was told our room was ready. Great, we went to our room and after a 6 hour drive we decided to take a short nap on the bed. No more then a half hour goes by and our door flies open with the housekeeper standing there saying do you want towels? I said yes after being em-bar[--]ed.
This only gets better. My Wife goes in the bathroom and yells to me to come in. She is standing there spinning the handle to the sink faucet. The whole stem fell out and it was just hanging there by the supply line. I jury rigged it so I could shut the water off. We leave for dinner and come back about 2 hours later. I get undressed to take a shower. I turn on the shower faucet and I just get a small strem of water, after about 2 minutes of waiting. I try all the other faucets same thing. I get dressed and call the office. He said I need to put you in another room. I said no problem. He said come over and I will give you a key for another room.He said check it out and let him know if it was any better. After me checking out 4 other rooms and reporting back to him, like I was his employee. The last room had mud and silt coming out of the faucets. Now its like 9 P.M. I told him I would take any room now just so I could get some rest. He told me I had a free room next time I visited. I do not plan a return trip. The rooms were not very clean. I think they need some work on the rooms. I belive at one time the grounds looked nice. But except around the office, you can see old red mulch between the weeds and over growth. Maybe it was just a bad weekend for them.

Finding ways so you never need to leave your deskFinding ways so you never need to leave your desk

What Would Michelangelo Think?What Would Michelangelo Think?

Pretty in PinkPretty in Pink