East Coast Hotel 1

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Norwalk

Ah...anxiously awaiting my lobsta!Ah...anxiously awaiting my lobsta!

Ferni deciding what to eat at Sono Seaport SeafoodFerni deciding what to eat at Sono Seaport Seafood

Enjoying my LeffeEnjoying my Leffe

Veggies & Onion RingsVeggies & Onion Rings

Travel Tips for Norwalk

Paying for Parking

by cjg1

Norwalk is a tough town to find parking you don't have to pay for. Most on the street parking is metered. There are municipal lots in town that charge a fee to park. We prefer ro park at the Maritime Aquarium Parking and then walk around town.

Easy to Follow Signs

by cjg1

As soon as you get off the highway there are numerous easy to read signs that point what direction certain Norwalk attractions are located. The signs clearly point to SoNo, the martime Aquarium and other points of interest around the town.

A Connecticut Town on the Sound

by cjg1

Norwalk is just a short ride from NYC via I-95 or on Metro North. Norwalk has the Maritime Aquarium which draws visitors from young to old to the town. Norwalk is full of shops and restaurants and is very walkable. We enjoycoming to Norwalk for a good meal, shopping, The Aquarium or for one of the local fesitivals such as the Oyster Festival or the SoNo Arts Festival.

Norwalk is an easy town to walk so bar hopping can be an activity; especially in the summer when the weather is nice. There are planty of places to grab a good meal, have some drinks and watch a sporting event. Norwalk is one of the towns I prefer to watch football on the weekends or during the week. We do our weekly food shopping in Norwlak and often grab a good meal or catch a movie before our shopping excursion.

During the week South Norwalk or SoNo as it's called can be rather dead(which we like)except for some locals, ciommuters and the occasional bus filled with tourists or school children on a trip t the Aquarium or other historical sights. We fortunately live close to the Connecticut border so Norwalk is just a short ride on I-95 for some of our favorite restaurants: Chocopologie, The Black Bear and Barcelona, Burger Bistro, and the Ginger Man.

Comments