100 Lyme St, Old Lyme, Connecticut, 06371, United States

Priceline.com Travelocity Tingo.com

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Dainty and Delightful Inn

The Bee and Thistle Inn is a 9-room inn that is right in the middle of the old art colony town of Old Lyme. It's even next to the Florence Griswold Museum and home. So, you really get a great experience. The sculptures in the yard and well-kept gardens adds to the feeling that you're here on an art retreat.

The rooms were nicely decorated. The bathroom was a bit small and there is no tv!! So, thank goodness I had my laptop to keep me company.

The bed was very comfy and I got a good nights sleep here...so quiet!!

In the morning there is a complimentary breakfast set up of mostly granola, yogurt and fruit all prepared by the chef and all natural. It was really fantastic and the best meal I could have had to get a head start on my drive back to Houston!

Unique Quality: What really sticks out to me is that the service was fantastic. The young woman who ran the desk was so nice. I had made a dinner reservation but had fallen asleep so they called and then came to the door to get me. Unfortunately, I was getting sick so I declined the meal because I was worried of getting everyone else sick. They were very understanding and asked if they could get me anything. Even ended up getting me some ice to help with the headache and fever.

Directions: It's right beside the Florence Griswold Museum...so close I even missed it after coming from the museum!

Comments