415 Danbury Road, Ridgefield, Connecticut, 06877, United States

More about Ridgefield

Grammy Rockwell's House on East RidgeGrammy Rockwell's House on East Ridge

Travel Tips for Ridgefield

When you come to ridgefield...

by rastaman1

When you come to ridgefield make sure you greet the rasta's properly. Open up your hearts to love and fill your souls with hapiness. Let the mellow mood get you and let the music rock you. The people of ridgefield have love for all visitors.

Busy, Modern Little Connecticut Town

by msbrandysue

"Why Did I Come?"

I came to Ridgefield because it's featured in 1000 Things to See Before You Die: USA Edition. The town is known for it's fun shopping downtown area, the Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum and Chez Lenard, a fancy hot dog stand! I loved all of it, completely.

"My Favorite Part"

I'd have to say my favorite part, other than the shopping (DUH!) was Chez Lenard. They had plain hotdogs and then ones featured on Martha Stewart and other culinary publications. I tried LeSuisse with cheese fondue and it was AMAZING.... I bought a can of soda and just sat at a bench across the street and enjoyed a quiet lunch watching the lil town life go by.

"Surprise Attraction"

The Orange Elephant was a little shop on the main street. They had ONLY children's books!! I loooooooved it. I found these super hero capes and my classroom theme for the upcoming year was super heroes so it was AWESOME. I was so excited.

Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum Extras

by msbrandysue

"Man Deer"

Another interesting piece of art. It was kind of spooky to be honest. But I had to post nonetheless.

"Another Sculpture"

This was a sculpture that was scientifically accurate. As the sun passes through the sky it creates shadows on the ground which are then photographed for different pieces. I wish I could have used it to help my kids learn about the sun and Earth revolution.

Comments