Stamford Hotels

• cjg1 profile photo cjg1
  • Reviews: 5416

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hampton Inn & Suites: A Suite Stay Close to Home

We decided to stay here on the tail end of a roatrip for two reasons: it was close to home and I needed a Hilton stay. Stamford is a town where we often find ourselves shopping or enjoying a meal so we always feel comfortable in this area.

We arrived at the hotel a little after 6pm. The parking lot was rather empty except for two other cars. The exterior of the hotel is quite nice and has an attached restaurant; Shelly's that has it's own outside entrance. Check in was esy and we headed upstairs to our suite.

At first I was a bit skeptical about being given room 210;I prefer rooms on the highest or higher floors. After entering the suite I realized it wasn't a big deal since there was very little street noise. The suite was a nice size with bathroom, vanity area, kitchenette (coffee maker, microwave, fridge and sink), coach, chair, bench, desk, TV, dresser and king sized bed. The sink was an odd shape; Liz called it the bird bath. The showe was nice and the large ledge was usefull for storing toiletries.

I liked the layout of the room and the full couch. The toliet was a bit noisey with the most violent flushing sound I have ever heard. Whenever we flushed the toliet it made the louest sound that was heard all the way through the wall in the bedroom. Wow...wonder what their water bill is like...

This was a nice stay; comfortable and very affordable. Our stay was less than $70 with taxes included. I would definitely use this hotel again if needed and reccomend it to people who are in need of a hotel in this area.

I liked that the hotel was set back for the main center of Stamford yet it was close enough to walk to shops and restaurants. There was no noise at all while we slept which was much appreciated.

The bed was very comfortable and we had a great night's sleep.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written June 1, 2010
Tip Photo

My wife enjoying our comfy bed (May 2010)

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful