Oakwood At Avalon Grove

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Stamford

Bear bitesBear bites

Burger and friesBurger and fries

Spinach DipSpinach Dip

My wife enjoying our comfy bed (May 2010)My wife enjoying our comfy bed (May 2010)

Travel Tips for Stamford

There is a good French bistro...

by Judd

There is a good French bistro called Chez Jean Pierre.
Typical bistro. I'm very boring, seems that whenever I go into a bistro I always get the croque monsiuer. And here they are very good, served with a huge pile of pommes frittes

I love Mexican food, so I like...

by Judd

I love Mexican food, so I like La Hacienda, which is located right across the street from my apartment.
Extended happy hour makes this cantina very popular. I like the burritos, but the fajitas are also good. They have a reduced price lunch menu.

Marc's Stamford Page

by marca

"Good for a weekend getaway"

We visited Stamford because my wife wanted to see the Lego Art which was on display at the Stamford Museum. Stamford has a nice downtown containing numerous restaurants and cafes to fit every taste. The area between Atlantic, Broad, Washington and Main Streets seems to be where all the action is.

Dan

by NyJetsDan8

Sure Stamford's unheard of, but somebody's got to make a page for it! Stamford has often been called New York City's Connecticut twin brother. Well, not really. But it has developed quite a bit since the post-war suburban boom and is now the fourth largest city in Connecticut next to Hartford, New Haven, and Bridgeport. In my opinion it is nicer than all these cities and many others of its size. It is close enough to New York that the people generate a real urban feel from the heart of downtown. A meal at one of Stamford's streetside eateries will almost make you think you're in Manhattan. Stamford has developed many large but tasteful corporate buildings since the 1960's, like the historical GTE Building and Landmark Square, and there are already three huge skyscraper projects in the works for 2001 and 2002. Also, There is an extremely diverse population that has come to populate Stamford, and foreign groups from Hispanic, Arabic, or Occidental countries are in growing percentages, It is not uncommon to hear four or five languages spoken in downtown at any given moment.

Sure, you can get all of these dynamic characteristics in much greater measure in any huge metropolis iike New York. But Stamford adds a very curious twist to its urban center. Its proximity to New York (about 20 minutes on I-95 except during rush-hour) has also brought the Manhattan Elite to Stamford. Wall Street Executives, corporate lawyers, and jet-set families flock to suburban Connecticut to take advantage of the country clubs, lower taxes, and the oppurtunity to get away from the "rifraff" of the city. Some of America's richest men and women have made their home in North Stamford, which seems to extend for miles from downtown through windy and narrow backcountry roads. The city of Stamford combines urban spirit with suburban style to form one of America's most contradicting small cities. Who can guess what the future will hold for Stamford, Connecticut? Maybe we'll all be watching the city host the 2016 Olympic Games, or perhaps the next world's largest building will pop up downtown. Whatever may be, I would like to show you around my native city of Stamford, and I hope to see you here one day!

Comments