Super 8 Stamford/New York City area

Super 8 Stamford/New York City Area
Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Stamford

Enjoying a drinkEnjoying a drink

Ferni & LeoFerni & Leo

My wifeMy wife

CheesecakeCheesecake

Travel Tips for Stamford

A building that housed a bank...

by Judd

A building that housed a bank in the 1920's is the setting for the Bank Street Brewing Company.
Very tall, high ceilings, good place for an intimate dinner would be upstairs overlooking the bar, or you could have a more casual meal in the downstairs bar area. The steaks are excellent here, as well as the roasts. My favorite brew is called Banker's Bitter, an English ale, served not too cold.

Burgers & Football

by cjg1 about SBC

SBC is a chain of restaurant/brewhouses in Connecticut. They serve a variety of ub grub food as well as their own beers. This partcular location is a favorite of mine to enjoy some food and watch football. The place is rather large with tables, booths and plenty of bar seating. Liz and I usualy have a seat at the bar unless we are with a group of more than four. The location is perfect for getting together with some of our Connecticut friends who live close to the area. The food here is pretty good and I enjoy their burgers with a nice Stout. It can get pretty packed during a sporting event so come earlyto grab a seat at the bar. I like the cheese burger with swiss chesse and chips. Liz likes the american cheese burger with fries. We also like the Vidalia brick which is fried onion frizzles with a tasty dipping sauce.

Another upscale, classy place...

by Judd about Wish

Another upscale, classy place is the Wish cafe on Atlantic Street.
It's located right in downtown Stamford, it is also has great decor and the service staff is very nice. I like the daily specials, but the lemon chicken fettucini is also very good. I've heard the grilled chicken ceasar salad is tasty, too.

Beautiful!

by Little_Lou_Lou

Stamford is a lovely little town! The trees were blooming when we came through on a road trip about 8 years ago and they were amazing. The streets were lined with blooms and the downtown area was very quaint. It was what I always pictured Connecticut to be.

Comments