1 Mohegan Sun Blvd., Uncasville, Connecticut, 06382, United States

Booking.com AMOMA.com Travelocity

Costs 112% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• cjg1's Profile Photo

A Suite Stay

Mohegan Sun suites do not dissapoint. Large living room, dining room, bathroom and a bedroom. I couldn't believe how large the suite was and all the windows. The bed was high and very comfy with a nice bench at the foot of the bed. My favorite part of the suite was the bathroom with the full steam shower and jacuzzi tub. There is nothing better than a good bath and a steam shower to relax the night away; perfect for guest who have been gambling, drinking and shopping the day and night away.

Unique Quality: The steamshower, jacuzzi tub, large living room and views were incredible. Staying on site is definitely a perk; I can understand why this hotel books up quickly. After a day of shopping, gambling and drinking it's best to stay on site and have no worries.

• KarenandCory's Profile Photo

Play & Stay

The perfect place to stay after you play. Rooms are huge!

Check for deals, prices probably vary depending on when you go. Our rooms were $150 a night.

• Tchr's Profile Photo

Connecticut's Best Resort & Casino

We have stayed at Mohegan Sun four times since 2003. It is by far the best for the money.

It is friendly, cozy and much laid-back. It seems to cater to the family oriented-style. Never a crowd have we found. It has warm atmosphere whether you like to gamble or not.

Unique Quality: Pool at Mohegan Sun is better than at Foxwoods. Restaurants are better and more accomodating to the various diets. You will find all levels of cusine.

Rooms are larger and better view than Foxwoods.

More about Mohegan Sun Hotel

Mohegan Sun Casino & Resort

by bruingirl about Mohegan Sun Casino & Resort

An all inclusive hotel is the word that comes to mind. This place has everything one could possibly want from gambling to dining to shopping! One word: HUGE!

Strawberry Park forever

by ambershimkus about Srawberry park Family Campground

If you are a camping hog, this is the place for you. The facilities are surprisingly clean, there is never a dull moment, and the nights are peaceful and quiet. They have their own restaurant and ice cream place, so you don't have to drive along the long country road for your grumbling belly. It isn't far from Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods, as well as some fantastic beaches, so do use these places as excursions from your bonfire and marshmallows. There are three pools : two for everyone, a regular pool and a diving pool, and one strictly for adults, which has a hottub and a sauna nearby. The restaurant is right nearby, and so one can wait out an occasional rainstorm while enjoying a delicious peppermint ice cream cone, then jump right back in. There is nightly bingo, and a weekly hynotist ( I assure you, it is a sight worth seeing). Do try the horseback riding and pony rides, as well as some organized sports games. A bluegrass band may play during your visit, accompanied by a gigantic bonfire. For your teens, there are nice big dances ( i went to one with my sister, good fun), and big-screen movies for when they get sick of you beating them at bingo (have never won yet). I must warn you, however: once you come, you've got to come again, and again, and again. It's like a second home for my family of five!??

Architectural marvel

by TripAdvisor Member needtotravel

I always wanted to stay at this hotel and I finally did; it could be for the fact that I got a promotional rate from my Players Club card. The hotel is beautiful. It's very modern, but was not cold or stark. The rooms are really wonderful. Its very clean and not a speck of dust. Maybe I had a really great housekeeper. I've stayed at one of the best hotels in Manhatten and this is on par with it. And right now my opinion is leaning towards the Mohegan Sun. The standard rooms are very roomy and decorated very tastefully. They do pay attention to detail with moldings on the wall, great fixtures, etc. We had a great view on the 26 floor facing the river. I should have brought my camera. The bathrooms are extremely nice with marble vanity and mosiac tiles on the floors and wall. Also the comode is in a separate room. I would want this bathroom in my own home. The bed was very comfortable for I did not want to get up. I beleive the rooms are soundproof because i heard chatter in the hallway and once they went in their room next to me I couldn't hear a thing (they went in talking). I also want to mention the illuminated Do Not Disturb sign outside the door. No plastic hanging sign here. They also provide an inroom safe and mini-bar. But don't touch the contents in the mini-bar unless you plan to eat a candy bar or take a drink. Everything is weighed and computerized. The rest of the property, the casino, shopping arcade, etc is also worth the visit. I'm not a big gambler so i wont comment on the payouts, but it's one of the most interesting casinos i've been to and that goes for the rest of the property. And reading the last review of the hotel about the tub that wouldnt drain, COME ON youre way up high and sometimes the water pressure is effected by the height. As well as the water pressure coming out of the shower. Like I said in previous reviews you folks are too particular and expect too much. Sorry to say this but Ive stayed in great hotels and something is always bound to happen. Remember, your own home could get a backed up drain. Then who do you complain to. Thank you and have a great day.

Disappointed

I have been to this hotel a few months ago and I was impressed; this time it was a big difference. Two nights in a row we were woken up by drunk kids in the hall; although security seemed to handle it properly the management was unfazed when we finally complained after the second night. They offered us $75 off our bill (after raising the rate from night 1 to night 2 from $79 to $375) and were not willing to negotiate any further. The spa was just okay; the pedicure was not worth what I paid and didn't even last the full 60 minutes, more like 40. I found the locker room dirty and the relaxation room not too relaxing with the host coming in every 5 minutes and yelling to a new guest, "This is our relaxation room!!!!" I did, however, have an awesome stone massage despite the fact that the therapist was one of the creepiest people I've ever met!! On the day we were to check out (a Monday) we tried to get an hour later check out and were told "there is nothing available", whatever that means. We decided to talk to our casino host and he did give us an hour later checkout. (Personally I have never been refused a later checkout at any hotel) We do believe that we should have used our casino host more and we would have had a better experience. It just seems that the management is just not really interested in satisfying the customer. Had it not been for the great company I was with I definitly would have been extremely disappointed!!

Mohegan SunMohegan Sun

Mohegan SunMohegan Sun

Mohegan Sun CasinoMohegan Sun Casino

Chihuly in Mohegan SunChihuly in Mohegan Sun

Foxwoods Casino or Mohegan Sun?

by Jabberjenn

My husband and I are planning a last minute trip this weekend to Connecticut. Which casino should we visit? Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun?

We are NOT staying in either hotel, so we don't care what the rooms look like since we are staying at a local hotel down the street.

However, which of the two is the best casino for card tables, free drinks, atmosphere, decent clientele, loose slots, and polite dealers?

We have been to Vegas a million times, have been to Atlantic City a billion times, and even did the riverboat casino thing. We're looking for a cool atmosphere to spend the day. We'll be there from early Friday morning thru the late late evening Friday.....looking for great blackjack tables....lots of beer....and just an overall awesome day. Which of the two is a better choice?

Thanks!

Re: Foxwoods Casino or Mohegan Sun?

by TravelSanta

I definetily recommend the Mohegan Sun. It's awesome. Truth be told, I haven't actually been to Foxwoods, but the Mohegan Sun was very impressive.

Re: Re: Foxwoods Casino or Mohegan Sun?

by Jabberjenn

Thanks so much....

For anyone who has been to both casinos, I guess a more specific question is this....we will most likely check out both casinos. Which of the two is the best one to END the night? At 8p.m. or so, when we are ready to settle down for serious gambling and find good blackjack tables and good beer flow, which of the two will we have better luck at (as far as tables that aren't impossible to get on, etc)?

Also, do either of the 2 serve bottled beer, or are they both served in dinky little cups?

Comments