Inn At National Hall

2 POST ROAD WEST, Westport, CT 06880

Good For No Data
  • msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Classy, Individual Experiences

My last research found that the Inn at National Hall shut down after much local support. I'm hoping that it will come back since it's monumental popularity and class. Hopefully a business person can help save the Inn at National Hall!

The Inn at National Hall began with a bit of confusion. The glass doors of the entrance seemed to be locked and I ended up walking about the building. Upon further investigation I found the signs telling to call up to the concierge. Getting in the library-painted elevator was just as perplexing, as I felt like I was caught in a Sherlock Holmes episode. Finally I found the right signs to follow to the correct floor and I finally found myself checking in.

The young men I checked in with were very nice and somewhat helpful. I checked into my room in the early afternoon and chilled out here for a bit. I ended up in the Lemon Room where everything was a bright yellow, including the bathroom ammenities.

The bedroom was really comfy and it had plenty of channels.

**However, there were two problems...
    1) There weren't a lot of electric outlets near the chair and bed so where was I supposed to hook my laptop up to?!? I was using it daily to do my blog and it was a real problem because I had to charge it, then use it, charge it, use it. Just a major pain.
    2) There was NOT a good wiresless signal. I couldn't upload my pictures for the day to my blog and it really through me off because I was terribly bored later that night.

So, basically, it's a great stay if you want to relax in a bit of luxury but if you're like me and like using your wireless at night, then it can be a bit of a hassle. I think the problems might be solved in a different room but I would definitely speak with someone while booking the room.

*Check online for specials! I found one that didn't make the stay "cheap" but every little bit helps.

Unique Quality: Each of the rooms seem to have their own personality. I enjoyed the Lemon Room very much. The bathroom and shower were AMAZING and I loved all the ammenities. The bed was super comfy and the mini fridge was helpful (but expensive).

Directions: On the Saugatuck River, by the bridge