Hotel Blue

110 Anglers Rd., Lewes, Delaware, 19958, United States
Official Site

More about Hotel Blue

Can't wait to come back!

by TripAdvisor Member JennLHHenderson

My boyfriend and I stayed at Hotel Blue last weekend as a getaway treat from busy work schedules...it was fantastic. We arrived early and stopped by to leave our bags (around 11 a.m.) because we assumed our room would not be ready (check-in at 3 p.m.). We were informed that our room was ready and were able to go up, leave our things and look around.

We stayed in a simple deluxe room (least expensive), but it was wonderful. We travel quite a bit and were still impressed by the size and amenities of the lowest tier of rooms. We loved the bed...it was extremely cozy and comfortable, and we both slept extremely well both nights. The fireplace, flat screen television, refrigerator, and saltwater taffy on our pillows were other nice touches. The bathroom was incredibly large...almost as big as our room...and the glowing basins were really cute and fun.

Our favorite part of the hotel was definitely the rooftop pool and fireplace. Even though we went to the area beaches both days, we always ended up on the rooftop drinking champagne (first night) or wine (second night) and enjoying the sunset and quiet and sitting by the gas fireplace.

Everything we asked for was supplied...champagne flutes, wine glasses, beach towels, maps of the surrounding area...etc. It doesn't hurt that Lewes is a beautiful, quiet and quaint town with great beaches and an opportunity for complete relaxation. We also enjoyed a ferry ride over to Cape May for an amazing dinner. All in all, it was a practically perfect weekend...thanks in large part to Hotel Blue.

Great Surprise in Lewes.

I had a bit of trepidation booking at Hotel Blue after reading the two negative reviews on Trip Advisor. I can assure anyone considering booking at Hotel Blue that you have nothing to worry about. My husband and I were looking to get away for a few days and unwind...Hotel Blue couldn't have been a better elixir. The rooms were spacious, attractive and comfortable. The rooftop pool was perfect and almost always empty. It was also probably the most comfortable hotel bed I have every slept in.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel or to go there again. Good job Hotel Blue!

Wonderful place!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member 1CrazyMom

This hotel was the perfect palce to spend our 5th annivarsary at! Everything was emaculate! Views are great form balconies, even better from the roof (were the pool and out door fireplace are.) The town and the hotel are very soficated. All was wonderful, the glowing sinks and ice bucket was a great bonus!Oh and forget cheepie toiletries....they have We Live Like This!!!!! Awesome products!

Best in Lewes...

by TripAdvisor Member eric_rcg

i've stayed at just about every hotel in lewes, and Hotel Blue is, in my opinion, the best overall. the pool is especially wonderful. I've recommended this hotel to my friends as well.

Loved Hotel Blue

by TripAdvisor Member broiledwontons

A funky, impeccibly clean hotel 5 minutes from the Lewes Ferry, it was a short walk into the town of Lewes. It's out of the way from the hustle and bustle of Rehoboth, a short drive away. A quiet, adults-only (one bed, no pull-outs) hotel with an expensive expresso/coffee machine in the lobby, coffee maker, microwave and refrig in the room, as well as a gas fireplace. 2 flat-screen TVs. Unusual glowing ice bucket and 'blue' lit sinks which were really cool in the dark. Large bathroom with separate tub and shower.
The people who work there are very friendly and helpful. Worth the money, we'd definitely go back. No on-site restaurants, but don't go to the place across the street, do go over the bridge into town. There are lots of places to eat there.
The only suggestion we had was that there was no cable guide for the TV. Someone at the desk told us they had started working on one.
We had a wonderful time!

Excellent quality for a reasonable price

by TripAdvisor Member dcoop0528

We enjoyed our stay at this very comfortable, spacious, small boutique hotel. We selected the less expensive suite which did not lack any comfort or space.The room and its amenenities were well equipped with high end linens and furnishings. We were on the third floor and had a view of the canal from the balcony. The staff were friendly and helpful yet allowed us our privacy. The hotel was within walking distances to beach, shopping and restaurants. We will stay here again when visitng Lewes and recommend others do the same!

Absolutely Perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member JYOS

If you are looking for the ultimate laid-back getaway in a unique boutique hotel, Hotel Blue is the only choice. With a perfect location, a handful of rooms and a quiet, unpretentious demeanor that lets you be you, this is it!

The rooms are large, airy, clean and decorated with the latest design features that conveys luxury with style and under-statement. From the large comfortable beds, dual flat-screen TVs, fireplace, huge bathrooms, a perfectly appointed mini-bar/fridge/microwave and a balcony with a great view .... you've got it all. And let's not forget the rooftop pool (actually a wading pool) with a cozy fireplace nook and sofas and a view for your evening cocktails in the luxurious bathrobes provided for your comfort.

ENJOY

As great as it looks!

by TripAdvisor Member artemesiapaints

This sleek hotel looks like it belongs in Manhattan, not quiet little Lewes! But the view of the fishing boats on the canal lets you know where you really are.

If you are tired of cutesy b&b's with their Victorian doilies, Hotel Blue is the place to be. Staff is limited in number (one at the desk is about it), but unlimited in helpfulness. Rooms are as you see them on the website:stunning and sophisticated. One warning: the delightful koi pond rooms also have a first-floor view directly into the parking lot. At the suggestion of hotel staff, I opted for a third floor room instead.

Comfortable but problems

by TripAdvisor Member catherinemillvalley

Our stay at the Hotel Blue started out wonderfully. As it was off season, we had our choice of rooms, and opted for suites on the third floor: $245 each. They were very quiet, comfortable, though there was no wireless internet service on that (back) side of the hotel, only in a front room, or in the lobby. There were also paper cups for coffee instead of mugs: tacky. This was the first sign of "cheapness." Neverthless, the staff were super nice and helpful. On check-out day, we requested a late check-out for one of our two rooms. We were told this was fine, as no one was checking into that room, and a storm was headed towards Lewes, so certainly no one would be checking in. The rest of the hotel was virtually unoccupied. The front desk gal agreed to a 3:00 check-out, which we thought generous, but not unusually so. As an editor at a major national travel magazine, I stay in hotels all the time, and a late check-out, when possible, is not out of the ordinary, though always appreciated. My mother and I wanted to be able to shower after swimming, and before the long drive back home. But on our way out to the beach, the front desk gal informed us that the owner, Donna, had decided she would not allow a late check-out after all, unless we wanted to pay $50 for each hour we stayed after noon. Even a 1:00 departure would have to be paid for. Since my mother is elderly, and recovering from cancer, and on holiday for the first time in three years, we found this a very unfriendly gesture. It seemed greedy and petty, and Donna didnt seem much interested in being giving, or having us back as guests. After all, no one would be checking in, and being a friendly host is sometimes more important than getting every penny you can get. We left with a bad taste. I left a message for Donna to please call me on my cell, but she never did. For an expensive hotel, this is tacky behaviour. Upon checking out, we also noticed they charged for the one bottle of water in the room, at a beach hotel! Pretty tacky. Most chic hotels know by now that appearing generous is classy. Charge five dollars more per room, and give the water for free; that is progressive! The staff were very friendly, but the owner needs to learn to act like a hostess to her guests.

Comments