Motel 6 Wilmington

kooka3's Profile Photo

Simple but comfy accomodation

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 17, 2006

This is a typical Motel 6. Rooms were big, but simply furnished with a queen bed, a small desk with a chair, a little table with another chair, and a tv. They have about 15 channels, including HBO. Bathroom was nice with soft towels. Don't expect a lot of little toiletries left there, though - they only had soap. The shower stall was kind of small, but the water was hot and it did the job so I can't complain. People were very nice, and they even called my room about 10 minutes after check in to make sure everything was all set and to see if I needed anything - I never had that happen at a hotel/motel before! They had security guards in the lobby and I had show ID when I checked in. I'm really not sure what that was all about - but nice that there is security around, I guess.

Unique Quality: They didn't really have too many extra facilities - there was an ice machine and vending machines in the lobby, and they had free coffee from 7-10 am.

This is pretty much the cheapest place in town to stay, and it's right off the highway.

Directions: From 295: Exit: New Castle Ave and go north to West Ave. Turn right, the Motel 6 will be visible on the right.

From 495: Exit #2, turn right. Turn left onto New Castle Ave/SR 9 and follow for 1.5 miles. Turn left onto West Ave

Nearby Motel 6 Wilmington

Amenities at Motel 6 Wilmington

• Restaurant
  • Wheelchair Accessible

New Castle Travel Forum

Need advice about New Castle, Delaware? Visit the Travel Forum for New Castle and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest New Castle hotel reviews