Staybridge Suites Wilmington-Newark

Staybridge.com Booking.com

Very Rude Front Desk Assistant-Ron

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 22, 2012

My stay started out a little rough, we had orginally asked for early checkin, a couple days before arriving, but had to wait a couple hours to get room after traveling 12 hours - that was ok and we accepted it because their was a family reunion the night before and the daytime staff was extremely accomodating and kelp appoligizing, offered us breakfast while we waited. Later the 1st night of our stay we ran into another problem, our toliet in one of the bathrooms of the 2 bedroom suite we discovered as overflowing. I call the front desk spoke to Ron. he was extremely rude. I asked if he could get someone from housekeeping or maintanence to come up and take a look at the toliet . he stated" not at the moment I could come down myself and get a plunger to fix it myself, but he could not come up right then. " I repreated what he said as I could not believe him, he then stated not to expect him in next few minutes but he would try to come up before night was over. I called at 9:04pm it was 9:30 when when came up. did not speak when entering room, once I let him in, He just walk to bathroom,few seconds later came out. I had to ask him if he tried to flush it and wait to see if it would overflow again. he just said yes, no other explaniation, he didnt appoligize or anything just walked out door left. Never have I had anyone to ask me to do my own maintenance in a hotel.

Unique Quality: the daytime staff-shanita was extremely polite and day manager was polite.

Directions: was a little confused when we first arrived at hotel, which was adjacent to Ramanda Inn. The front side was Ramanda Inn, the back side was Staybridge Inn. Coming from Southen state and have been to several hotels this was a 1st.

Nearby Staybridge Suites Wilmington-Newark

• Suites
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Newark Travel Forum

Need advice about Newark, Delaware? Visit the Travel Forum for Newark and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Newark hotel reviews

Cute spot
Mmmm...Beer
Timothy's
Restaurants
Stop in for dinner, stay for a drink
Restaurants
Try not to talk when the train goes by
La Tolteca
Matilda's
Newark nightlife
College Crowd
University of Delaware
Things to Do
Live Music, Cheap Beer
Nightlife
9/11 Ribbon Garden at the...
Things to Do