270 Chapman Road, Route 273, Newark, Delaware, 19702, United States

Staybridge Suites--Wilmington/Newark
Staybridge.com Travelocity Booking.com

• Very Rude Front Desk Assistant-Ron

My stay started out a little rough, we had orginally asked for early checkin, a couple days before arriving, but had to wait a couple hours to get room after traveling 12 hours - that was ok and we accepted it because their was a family reunion the night before and the daytime staff was extremely accomodating and kelp appoligizing, offered us breakfast while we waited. Later the 1st night of our stay we ran into another problem, our toliet in one of the bathrooms of the 2 bedroom suite we discovered as overflowing. I call the front desk spoke to Ron. he was extremely rude. I asked if he could get someone from housekeeping or maintanence to come up and take a look at the toliet . he stated" not at the moment I could come down myself and get a plunger to fix it myself, but he could not come up right then. " I repreated what he said as I could not believe him, he then stated not to expect him in next few minutes but he would try to come up before night was over. I called at 9:04pm it was 9:30 when when came up. did not speak when entering room, once I let him in, He just walk to bathroom,few seconds later came out. I had to ask him if he tried to flush it and wait to see if it would overflow again. he just said yes, no other explaniation, he didnt appoligize or anything just walked out door left. Never have I had anyone to ask me to do my own maintenance in a hotel.

Unique Quality: the daytime staff-shanita was extremely polite and day manager was polite.

Directions: was a little confused when we first arrived at hotel, which was adjacent to Ramanda Inn. The front side was Ramanda Inn, the back side was Staybridge Inn. Coming from Southen state and have been to several hotels this was a 1st.

More about Newark

Deer ParkDeer Park

View of Main Street from Memorial HallView of Main Street from Memorial Hall

Brazilian PlumeBrazilian Plume

Travel Tips for Newark

Go to a UD football game!

by shanwake98

If you're in town during football season, try to go to a game. I have been to the stadium in many capacities-as a HS student selling concessions for my marching band, as a member of the Blue-Gold All-Star Band (this is a summer charity event), and as a "fan". It is a small university, but they enjoy their football games. And, if for no other reason, than to see the "ass-kickin chicken" (as UD students like to call their mascot, the Fightin' Blue Hen)!

Comments