Atlantic Sands Hotel And Confe

Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Right on the Boardwalk...

Nice rooms, recently turned large parkinglot into huge hotel, conference center. Hotel has been locals favorite secret for years. Right on boardwalk, ocean view. Rooms are nice size, with fridge and coffee maker. I love this hotel. In cold weather, get in hot tub and everyone on board walk says to each other, "why aren't we staying there?"

Unique Quality: Nice pool in summer with oceanview. Great package deals available, try the resturant, it is very good.

Directions: On the boardwalk, in heart of town. My favorite hotel in town.

More about Atlantic Sands Hotel And Confe

Disappointing hotel

by TripAdvisor Member bakerygirl828

We just got back from a 2 night stay at the Sands. What irritated me most about the place is that there was no place to store anything in the bathroom. There was a pedestal sink, a toilet, and a tub. I had to store my items on the toilet tank, which kept sliding off and falling down. It was also very tiny, like a typical 1/2 bath in a home. My husband and I also got very little rest because we each shared a bed with our sons. I thought we were getting queen beds, but they were full-size. The worst part I have to say is that there is no air-conditioning in the hotel besides the rooms. The hallways were stifling!! I found that bizarre for a beach property, or any other facility for that matter in the summer! My kids loved the pool, they are 7 and 9. It was full of sand. They really didn't notice. People leave the beach and come right into the pool without rinsing off. Since there is no one to supervise the pool, anyone can come right into the pool from the boardwalk. You couldn't tell who was actually a hotel guest. Some annoying kid kept jumping into the pool with his huge surfboard like he was surfing. You think his mom would have the decency to make him stop since the pool was already crowded. The water tasted foul-I guess it was because of all the sand in it. It also wasn't very clear. It didn't smell like chlorine at all. One last thing, to get ice from the ice machine, you had to slide your room key in to get some. They make it seem like they are giving away something valuable--it' only ice!! The only good thing about this place is that it is right on the boarwalk.

The Worst Hotel

My family and I just returned from Rehoboth Beach. We were scheduled to stay at The Atlantic Sands for 2 nights but after the first night, we switched to another hotel down the street. The staff at the front desk is not friendly at all (strange being that they are in the hospitality business) and one woman working there, in particular was very rude. They "accidentally" charged our credit card twice. The coffee in the restaurant is like brown water. The hallways had trash, were very hot and humid, and had a bad smell. Our room was tiny and there was no room in the bathroom to put toiletries. The room was overpriced. Overall, I'll never forget how miserable the staff was. When we went to another hotel the second night, I told the "new" hotel about my experience at the Atlantic Sands. They chuckled and said they've heard this before from other people too.

sands was ok ,rude desk clerk

by TripAdvisor Member mmazz22

Have stayed at the sand for many years. That being said I have figured out you need to be very specific of what type of room you want. If your not your likely to end up on some side room with no balcony.
Made internet reservations specifing ocean front room ,made these in early July for late August reservations. Never received confirmation either via email or snail mail but notcied my credit card was charged for the one night depo. At check in time the rude girl who was forighn and very condescending couldnt find our reservation. I gave her my name ,my buddies name couldnt find it. She said to me are you sure your at the right hotel. I looked at her snotty face and said I have stayed here many times now find the reservation or were gonna have some problems here. There was an older lady standing there who never tried to help except to say oh another lost reservation. I told rude girl that my card was charged and to look it up that way,i said surly you know who you charge. She asked for the card and looked it up that way.she then found it ,the had my buddies first name as his last name his last name as his first name. The stupid thing about this is his last name sounds like a last name and his first name is rich.there is no excuse for this stupdiness. Went to the ocean front room and it was on lobby level which sucked because it was just above the outside bar and view was obstructed.

Sands is just a name

Just returned yesterday from Rehoboth and stayed at the Sands. Not sure we'll stay there again. Evidently, our room had been "worked on" before, with a huge extension cord running from the closet to behind the curtains; not sure what that was about.

Check in was slow, as the norm. New people being trained, and the manager, Cheryl, kept having to tell them the same thing over and over. She was very polite and on the ball; some of the others at the desk looked like they hated being there. The lobby and hallways were so hot, other guests were running to get to their rooms!

When we stayed there last year and had an oceanfront room, it was quiet...very noisy on the third floor, and our doors had big gaps in them, so we heard everything!

I cannot complain about the nice young lady who cleaned our room; she even included extra towels and washcloths without being asked. That I liked!

You don't get what you pay for, besides the lovely view and the Sands name. I'll try someplace else next time. After 4 different stays there, I don't think it was money well spent.

Wonderful Experience

by TripAdvisor Member Sammysagoodboy

My wife and I stayed at the Sands the last weekend of August. We had a lovely, clean room overlooking the ocean. We spent every evening at the Tiki Beach Bar where the frozen drinks were reasonably priced, very large and the staff was outstanding!

We enjoyed each evening in the Atlantic Seafood Grille for Dinner. This is by far the best kept secret in Rehoboth Beach. The food was unbelievably good, portions were huge, pricing reasonable and the staff the best we ever experienced. The Chef and Manager both came to each table to be sure everything was satifactory. You don't see this very often.

The only suggestion would be to air condition the hallways but this did not hinder our stay in the least.

We will be back next year!

A Super Location

by TripAdvisor Member Thelma&Louise

We stayed here in Sept 05. A super location right on the boardwalk and within strolling distance of Rehoboth's delightful main street. Very spacious accomodation, clean, comfortable and well equipped. We had two private bathrooms but the magnificent whirlpool tub was 'in-room' and afforded no privacy whatsoever. (Not quite what two middle aged widows wanted!!!!) There was a tiny balcony, just wide enough to stand on but it was delightful to have the sliding windows wide open and to hear the sea. Car parking was very convenient, and reception efficient and helpful.

Not too bad... I'd stay again

by TripAdvisor Member HeatherWilmington_De

I'm an all-season beach gal that loves weekend getaways to Rehoboth Beach - my regular hotel was closed for renovations, so I chose to stay at the Sands. I was a bit hesitant after I read the reviews on TripAdvisor.com...but all went well. At check-in the front desk person was friendly, upgraded to room with hot tub and view of the boardwalk/ocean. Breakfasts at coffee shop were simple and fairly good tasting - better breakfast at Crystal's dinner at the top of town. Wall paper and hot tub grouting need to be re-placed but other than that the room was good for the off season price. I would stay there OFF-SEASON again.

Change the Front Desk

by TripAdvisor Member Fields of Athenry

Stayed here for 10 and 13 nights in June/July 2004 and June/July 2005 respectively. This is a great place to stay with only one problem-a front desk which is both rude and inefficient. Would like to have stayed here again in 2006 but failed to get any response to a number of emails and faxes to the front desk so booked elsewhere based of course on Trip Advisor reviews.

Nothing bad to say at all

by TripAdvisor Member walkersc

Stayed here one night in the "King North Suite". Room was a bit small to be called a suite, but at least had a king-sized bed and two TVs. Front desk was very nice and polite; I called them the night before (a Friday night) and it was obvious they were extremely busy, yet the woman did not let a hint of frustration through the phone. Upon arrival, the desk clerk was very helpful and friendly.
The only bad thing I would say is that it was very loud at night. Lots of banging which we weren't sure were other guests slamming doors or something in the heater. Voices traveled easily through doors. I can imagine at full capacity in the summer that the place is a zoo.

We've never stayed in downtown Rehoboth before, so it was great to be right on the beach. Restaurant was still closed for the season, but they had a nice little coffee shop with sandwiches and breakfast items.

Comments