Hotel Rehoboth

247 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, 19971, United States

More about Hotel Rehoboth

Awesome Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member MJoyner

My wife and I have been in need of a little down time and found the weekend package deal at the new Hotel Rehoboth tempting. My wife called the hotel to get more information and booked the weekend before she got off the phone. Having stayed at several hotels in Rehoboth Beach, this one finally hit the mark. The hotel is located walking distance to everything, great friendly service, wonderful clean rooms with amazing beds, high end amenities and a great price. As a matter of fact, with all of the complimentary amenities it was a steal!

The package included a choice of dinner options and we decided to make it easy and give the new restaurant in the hotel at try. The food was fabulous and the dessert amazing. The weekend couldn’t have been better. Thank you Hotel Rehoboth! We will be back.

You're NOT welcomed if you're not white

by TripAdvisor Member ck1thebest

We've just returned from Rehoboth beach and this is my first time ever writing a review about anything.
General stay at hotel Rehoboth was okay including nice and clean room with turn down service after 6 pm and comp.bkst and shuttle service to beach. But the guy(I don't even recall his name) who drove us to beach and to hotel was very arrogant and doesn't fit in hotel business.BIG LOSS TO HOTEL REHOBOTH!!!
There was unexpected thurnderstorm after 30 mins staying at the beach and we called the hotel for shuttle service and there're 3 groups waiting at the beach. After he picked us up he drove recklessly with very angry manner and dropped our family including our 2 kids(5 and 2) beyond somebody's backyard and asked us to go through the back of a house and across the street to go to the hotel parking on a HEAVY RAIN WITH 2 KIDS(at least 200 yards). WE"RE SOAKING WET!!! We were so rushed to get out of the vehicle(goft cart was charging at the time) and I left one of my bag in the trunk of the car. I had to wait for him until he comes back with next group and here I see him dropping them off IN FRONT OF HOTEL ENTRANCE. What a racist! ONE person ruined my stay at HR and I wouldn't consider coming back to HR again.

the best hotel in delaware

by TripAdvisor Member celesteeuler

well let me start by staying that when i walked into the lobby i was amazed. The staff was all very nice and willing to help my family get into our rooms. The hotel rooms were very big and the beds were very nice. the breakfast was delicous and the food was fresh. I loved the beach car . I thought it was very nice that there was always a car there to take us to and from the beach and not to mention carry all of our stuff to the beach to!! Overall the staff was friendly the view from the room was great the pool was very nice and refreshing and overall the best hotel in delaware!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member KathyBlue52

We just came back from a mini vacation at this hotel. The place is beautiful! The rooms are spacious and very clean. The staff was very nice and accommodating. We were within walking distance to all of the great shops and restaurants. The new restaurant, Lupo Di Mare, is excellent. My husband and I could not stop talking about the delicious meal that we had there. I only hope that they don't raise their rates so that more people will be able to enjoy this hotel.

Worth the price

by TripAdvisor Member Arlingtonvisitor

We liked this hotel very much. It is fresh, clean, new and well-equipped with lots of amenities. There are little grace notes that really add up: a small business center with free Internet access, an evening wine and cheese hour, the shuttle service to the beach. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. The location is excellent, right around the corner from precious Starbucks and a relatively brief walk to the beach if you don't avail yourself of the shuttle.
I blanched at the price, especially the weekend summer rate that can jump over $300, but based on what I heard about other beach hotels and given the overall quality of the experience I felt it was money well spent.

Lovely and out of the Boardwalk frenzy

by TripAdvisor Member Riverlover62

My daughter and I travel frequently with our toddler. This hotel was very family-oriented, yet it gave the impression of being a very upscale boutique hotel. The staff went out of their way to please. The front desk was as good as any concierge service we've known elsewhere. The rooms were simple but nice, the beds were VERY comfortable, and my daughter's about to call to find out what pillows they use! There was a simple but complete breakfast included with the room and wine & cheese (and lemonade) in the lobby every afternoon. The nightly turndown service was a plus, with all fresh towels and dark chocolates awaiting our return from dinner. The heated pool was small but convenient and refreshing .

Price and room great but is about location,location location!

by TripAdvisor Member tennis0228

We stayed at the Hotel Rehoboth for two nights in August 2008. Arrived at the hotel a few minutes before the check-in time of 3PM and was told by unsmiling clerk that the room was not ready which was disappointing. Came back about 20 minutes later as per the clerk's suggestion, checked in, went to our room and discovered that the cleaning staff were finishing up. Head of housekeeping Lakeisha Thompson was fantastic and so friendly! Too bad that the rest of the staff are so unfriendly. The room was spacious and clean. Turns out that the room wasn't ready on time because the previous guests had trashed the room leaving the head of housekeeping and her staff to "deep clean" the room which was appreciated by us. Complimentary breakfast is average, go early to avoid the noise and chaos created from young families. The major flaw to this hotel is the location. It is 3 almost 4 long blocks to the beach. There is a hotel golf cart that will transport you to the beach between 10am-5pm. The owners of the hotel on the grounds but surprisingly are sullen and unfriendly. After running into one of the owners several times, he remained unsmiling and he did not greet us even with a hello. Only available handicap parking is in the garage, the extreme opposite corner from the elevator which doesn't make sense.Would we stay at the HR again, only if the other hotels which are closer to the beach and to the main area of Rehoboth are full.

Fantastic Facility

by TripAdvisor Member Danaljes

Upon arrival we were extremely pleased about the cleanliness of the lobby area and greeting at the front desk. Although our room was not ready as we arrived early, the staff offered us a place to change and brought us to the beach with their chairs and towels. The room is oversized, beautiful and the beds and pillows are very comfortable. The shuttle service to and from the beach is excellent and convenient. One morning they ran out of beach chairs and the owner, (Peggy) went to the store and purchased more beach chairs for the guests. Her daughter-in- law actually brought them to us on the beach. This is what I consider excellent service and caring about your guests needs. This hotel has exceeded my expectations and ask my husband, I am not easy to please. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel in a beach town then you should definitely stay here.
Lori from New York

Not the Bellmoor, Not quite a "Boutique"

by TripAdvisor Member FoodandWineGirls

We have stayed at many properties in Rehoboth and decided to give this one a try. We were quite disappointed, especially for the prices paid (more than $325 per night including tax). As a stated "boutique" this hotel has a long way to go.
I will start by saying that the beds and linens are terrific but that's truly where the raves start and end.
Here's where I think the "boutique hotel" theme was sorely missed:
1. There are no robes in the rooms and none available. When I asked the staff if they had any available they replied in an exasperated tone "We're stocking the rooms with as many amenities as we can". Why not have these things when you open as many "early adopters" like us will embrace you if you get it right from the start and not return if you do not?
2. There are Holiday Inn style PLASTIC CUPS in the room. These cheap cups appear in the bathroom and bar area. Boutique?? They offer wine bottle openers for EIGHT DOLLARS because they said that too many have been stolen! Good thing we brought our own!
3. The quality of the included breakfast is weak at best. Frozen mini poppy muffins and somewhat old melon mixture and orange juice concentrate are some of the less than delicious options. Local B&B's, who charge $190 per night provide local Lingo muffins and home made preserves and a larger selection of local fruits. This breakfast resembles the Hampton Inn's continental breakfast.
4.Bike rack is overrun by staff bikes. Understandably, the staff ride their bikes to their job. But, the guest must fight them for space in the very small (half size) bike rack in the garage. Wouldn't a "staff bike rack" be more appropriate?
5. Flowers in room and lobby are plastic. Fresh is a much classier touch.
6. Trash trucks arrive EVERY morning outside of our room (and those on Lake Ave) at 7AM. They lift the hotel dumpster and create a tremendous amount of noise. This was experienced Saturday through Tuesday mornings at 7AM.
7. Turn down service at 9:30PM. If you happen to come home early, chances are your room will not have been serviced for towels and Hershey mini chocolate bars. We understand that the hotel is busy but the housekeeping staff is very often seen hanging out chatting to one another in the halls. We gave up and opted out after the first night when towels came at 8:48PM. Our friends, on the same floor, had their rooms done at least an hour earlier.
8. USA Today is the free paper provided by the hotel. Come on guys, The NY Times or even a Washington or Philly paper (or all) would be a lot classier. This seems very Marriott or Hampton Inn again.

This all may seem very critical but we came expecting a boutique experience for more than $300 per night. We travel the world and pay more for the experience of a Ritz, W or a Four Seasons so we are accustomed to a certain level of class and service. The Bellmoor is also expensive but very well established as a much classier venue. We stayed there in their infancy as well. They had the boutique experience "nailed" as soon as they opened and they continue to do so even though they too are quite overpriced for a Delaware beach resort. I am sorry if this hotel needs revenue to expand the amenities further. That's not my problem and I won't be staying there again.

By the way, Lupe de Mare is well executed, a great room and has a great staff but the food is less than average.

Great Getaway!

by TripAdvisor Member mlynnking

I've been meaning to sign up to Trip Advisor so I could write a review about Hotel Rehoboth. My husband and I went to Rehoboth Beach in August (the first getaway without the kids, since we got married 10 years ago). I wanted to stay somewhere close to the beach but not in the middle of screaming people and loud noise and somewhere that would be relaxing and CLEAN!

I found Hotel Rehoboth online and it seemed great. I normally don't spend a lot on hotel rooms, but I was willing to spend a little more because it was not very often that I got away with my husband.

Hotel Rehoboth was perfect. It was upscale but not to upscale where we felt uncomfortable. I did not want to be around snooty people who demanded robes and slippers in their bathrooms, complained about the walk to the beach and were just plain rude. I get enough of that living in my own town. That's why we were getting away. Anyway...here's what I think:

The rooms were awesome. Big, clean and a great view of Rehoboth Ave. It is not too close to the beach where you are being kept up at night or woken up in the morning either. The walk to the beach is nice but they do offer a beach shuttle. We didn't take it because we liked the walk...but it's there in 5 minutes. The bathrooms are spacious and clean also. The staff seemed nice, although I didn't need to have much contact with them because we were happy with everything. The lemonade, fruit and cheese each evening was a great touch. We enjoyed it by the pool a few evenings. The pool is small, but was perfect for us. Older kids would not like it to much. While I was there there were kids in the pool, but I think this hotel is more for adults which is why the pool is small.

As far as the turn down service. We never had a problem. We slept late each morning and had the do not disturb on the door. Our room was cleaned after we left for the day with no problems. When we came home in the eveings around 6 or 7 the beds were either turned down already or they knocked while we were there getting ready to go out. We had no problem letting them in to do their job and they didn't mind either.

My husband and I did not go in the boutique or restuarant so I can't comment on that, but overall the hotel was great. If I can afford it, I would love to stay again next summer.

Rehoboth Beach is a great place to go to shop, lay by the pool, go to the beach or just relax and Hotel Rehoboth is where you want to stay.

Comments