30 Olive Ave, PO Box 673, Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, 19971, United States

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Summer Vacation Trap

Me, wife, and 6yr old son went to this place last summer. Let me tell you. Apartment was old and junky. Bedroom was a walk-in closet w/ tiny bed. A/C barely worked. Room was hot as...when we first arrived. The place was a dump. But it's vacay so tried to make the best of it. Manager/Owner was a jerk...no matter how nice and polite you'd be with him..very snide & short-mannered..completely inhospitable. Then for parking...you'd think as much money you pay that you could park on his property for free? Nah-nah, the guy is a rip-off artist charging $5-$10 per day, and even more Fri, Sat, Sun...worst of all, your parking spot wasn't even reserved despite paying. You move it, you lose it! WTF!!! STAY AWAY....STAY AWAY...please STAY AWAY. Better to not come at all than to come and stay here. I tell you the truth.

Unique Quality: Be sure to choose the room that's............ anywhere else except here!

• Worst place to stay-Summer House Hotel

This is the WORST place to stay in all of Rehoboth. Only stay here if PRICE is the only thing you care about.

My 2 friends and I Pricelined (Priceline.com) this hotel on the day we needed to go and was due to arrive at 10PM. One friend asked if we should call ahead to let them know the time of our arrival. Glad we did, the owner said "I'll be in bed". He left the key in an envelope in a set area with the only info being the room number and side entrance 3rd floor. We walked around outside for 15 minutes checking the key in 3 different side doors until we walked back in and found a door saying STAIRS. We lugged our baggage up two narrow flights of stairs and found our room.

The room was DISGUSTING. The sheets were YELLOW-ish white with blood stains on them (washed but never came out). The room for 3 was a full with a single pushed next to it. There was no room and a huge 1970's TV sitting on the one dresser that you wouldn't put anything in anyway. The bathroom was small and we were unpleasantly suprised to find the towels were USED. You know how a towel gets crackly hard after it gets wet and then dries.....that's what the towels were. We went to turn the AC on and long lengths of hair were stuck in the vents.

This place was GROSS and we will never stay here again.

Why did we stay ? For 3 people, one night was $60 in a town where the average night of hotel is $200 in the offseason. How did we cope? We went out and got viciously drunk so we could endure the disgusting room for 5 hours until we left the next morning. We refused to shower in the room and instead waited until we checked into a real guest house with people that care about how their place looks.

More about Summer Place Hotel

The Worst Place to Stay in Rehoboth Beach, DE, period...

by TripAdvisor Member funtripstothebeach

My fiance and I were in need of a place to stay for the weekend of Sept. 16-17, and one of the only available places that I could find was the Summer Place Hotel (every other hotel had no vacancy during the off-season! Do you believe that?! I guess it was the beautiful weather?). Well after spending the weekend here, I see why this hotel had vacancies.

We arrive at the hotel and were greeted by the somewhat unfriendly manager who was shirtless and had a very flat affect to his personality. I know this is the beach, but greeting customers in your hotel without a shirt is a little tacky to say the least. Well, we should have taken the no-shirt clue and realized that this place was going to be a sleaze-ball motel. We realized that we didn't have many other options and decided to stay there, and after all... the hotel rooms couldn't be that bad since we would be out and about most of the day... So we walk up the 3 flights of stairs (no elevator by the way) through the dark mildew smelling hallways and enter our room. When we entered the room we were greeted by a happy family of flies and gnats (who had apparently been staying the night before our arrival). Both of our jaws dropped in disgust due to the following horrible conditions:

1) Extremely DIRTY room. - When you close the door to your room you will see the hotel rules that state NO REFUNDS in big bold letters. Well we understand why the management doesn't want refunds (to trap you into paying for a crappy motel).
2) Walls in desperate need of white paint.
3) Dirty Refrigerator with some nice long hairs inside it.
4) Already USED shampoo and soap bottles!!
5) Gnats and flies in the room.
6) Very thin, non-sound-proof door that separated our room from the room next to us (a door that joins 2 rooms together). We could hear our neighbors conversations throughout the whole night verbatim.
7) Unwashed comforter and extra blanket. We could tell that the extra blanket had not been washed or even touched by the housekeeping because of the way it smelled and the very sloppy way that it was folded. So we threw off the comforter and used our beach towels (luckily unused) as blankets for the night.
8) Loud room. People slam their doors throughout the night and you can hear every slam and every person walk through the hallway due to the cheap and thin room door.
9) Dresser drawers (which we didn't use) were dirty and had hair and a dead fly or two in there. You could tell these drawers were rarely ever cleaned.
10) The bathroom door wouldn't close all the way.
11) No bed skirt. Just exposed mattresses. This made me feel like I was 18 again and living on my own for the first time. I realize this one is a little nitpicky, but cmon'! It only costs a couple bucks to buy a bed skirt which could improve the look of the room ever so slightly.
12) Unfriendly manager.
13) Hard to find parking that you won't have to pay for or walk a couple of blocks to get to.
14) Window screens were bent with a pretty big gap letting flys and bugs into the room (before we arrived at the hotel and shut the windows).

I'm sure there is a couple of things that I may have forgotten. To sum it all up...It's a cheap place to stay and it will be clearly evident why. I wouldn't even recommend this place to my worst enemies. If I could give this place a ZERO star I would gladly do so. Even though this place is cheap, you can spend just 10 or 20 bucks more a night and stay at much nicer hotels with just as much conveinence of location to the beach and boardwalk. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY BY STAYING HERE!!!

Aweful place to stay!!!

by TripAdvisor Member husker123456

I planned my vacation on Orbitz. I had been active duty for most of the year so this was my first get away for a long time, and I must say that money does not grow on trees for me. Most rooms on the beach were booked up so I figured we would try staying at this hotel. I figured I would be at the beach and shopping most of the time anyway. So we get to this "hotel" at around 10pm on a Thursday night. All the doors were locked and there was a key for me to let myself in and wonder around to find this room. I open the door to the room and it is small. It has a double bed that has a dirty comforter on it, dirty pillow cases and nasty looking sheets. I am not even sure if that was truely a double bed...more of an enlarged twin. I walk in the room and it wreaks of stale smoke and it is muggy. So I walk over to the window to turn a dirty window air conditioning unit on that barely works....newly remodeled...I think not. Next to the bed is a refridgerator, but it is not turned on. I open it and mold is growing inside it. On top of the fridge is a microwave, I open that and it is filthy. There is a television, with cable, but it was only a 13 inch screen at the most. Anything bigger would not have fit in this room. The bathroom is just as nasty as the bedroom. I was so beat that we ended up staying the night there. The next day I went to find the manager, and he was nowhere to be found. I did not want to waste my vacation waiting around for a manager so went out and enjoyed my day. When we returned the manager still could not be found, So we spent the next night in filth. I woke up the next day and finally found a crabby, unfriendly, unkept man, who ended up being the manager and asked if I could check out a day early with a refund of my money just for that day due to the condition of the hotel. His website does say that it is a newly remodeled place and it IS NOT!!! He stated that it was too late for that. When I tried to tell him of the problems I was having he made a few nasty comments to me and walked away from me as if I wasn't even there. I have been to many nasty places overseas in my military career, and I would have to compare this hotel to some of the places that I have been to overseas...the conditions I lived in while in Kuwait were comparable to this hotel and that is not a compliment.

Beware of cancellation policy

by TripAdvisor Member el-beany

Lost two days room rate because I booked in September for a November stay and because of change in plans I went to cancel in mid September. Summer Place refused to tell me why they hadn't credited my card for the two day stay when I cancelled. Their cancellation policy is "there is no cancellation allowed". They kept my two days and I receviced nothing in return. My credit card company agreed with them! So I would say unless you are 100% sure you will be there don't book here.

Don't Stay Here.

by TripAdvisor Member mygreco

Dingy, dirty, dark

No heat in room. Given a small portable electric heater (which, I used as my hair dryer it was so low Btu).

Only one towel per person. Only one travel soap in bathroom.

Room so small, could not walk between bed and dresser.

No ice machine available - owner provided some cubes from his personal freezer.

Carpet saturated and wet.

12" tv perched on dresser.

No parking - had to find street parking.

Stained, encrusted quilts.

It's what you looking for if you need a cheap place to stay with a good location

by TripAdvisor Member Worldwide_PA

Hey, for the price and location you can't beat this place. My fiancée and I just did a spur of the moment Valentines day weekend getaway. Both being very world traveled we didn't mind the condition of this hotel. We've both seen much worse. I gave this place an above average rating because of the price and friendly staff.

Ok, now the bad stuff. No hot water in the shower and the room was a bit dirty. Also, our third floor outside door was very easy to get into, but if you’ve done any traveling, common sense tells you to ensure your own room is secure. We’ve stayed in places that were triple the price and just as unclean.

I would not recommend this hotel to people with children.

If you just need an affordable place to "crash" then this is definitely the place you.

What it boils down to is this is a down and dirty place to lay your head after a night of drinking and site seeing (Bring your own sheets and bedding). Happy travels and be safe out there.

Terrible Experience Please Read Before Booking

by TripAdvisor Member beachykeen65

We booked the room understanding it was not a 4 star hotel but we assumed it would atleast be clean...but when we found a used sanitary napkin on the floor next to the bed that was it!
We couldn't even find any employees to tell so we had to leave a note, then we tried calling and leaving messages no one has called back, when I finally got a staff member on the phone he hung up on me. The place is strange, creepy and disgusting
Do Not Stay There

Close to Ocean

by TripAdvisor Member cats98

Park your car and never drive again on your vacation unless you want to shop the outlets! 1 block from ocean, boardwalk, dinning, amusements and unique shops. Rent bicycles and tour old Rehoboth Beach. Plenty of places to jog or work out and a nearby park with a lake within walking distance for children to play. Best thing going for it is location, location, location!

Stay Away! Once you book...NO REFUNDS!!!

by TripAdvisor Member InventionLover

The rooms were dirty. The staff was rude, almost hostile. The one bedroom "condo" description totally overstated the size and condition of the room that was shown. Words at top of a list of rules posted in room..NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON. Obviously...others have felt duped and disappointed before. Dead insects on table. Stained, soiled futon cover on the "2nd" bed in the "living room". Phone did not work. Could not stay here with my daughter.....concerned about our health and safety. TERRIBLE!

DO NOT Stay Here!!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member hannahet420

When I entered the room I was immediately overwhelmed with a terrible stench worse than a dumpster. The mini dishwasher in the filthy kitchenette was loaded with dirty rotting dishes!!! The owner handed over some detergent without apology and said that we should run the load! When my friend tried to take a shower the drain was so clogged that the tub filled up in a matter of minutes. When we told the owner that we wanted to leave and nicely asked if he was willing to do even a partial refund he yelled "NO!" and slammed the door in our faces!!! I do not recommend staying here.

Did not like this place

by TripAdvisor Member rozier3

Our rooms were dirty, appliances were old, a/c kept shutting off, stairs looked like they were about to fall apart, clerks were not friendly.

Outside the campgroundOutside the campground

Making crafts togetherMaking crafts together

Dogfish HeadDogfish Head

This is a great shot.This is a great shot.

Comments