11th and Market Street, Wilmington, DE 19801
Historic Hotels Travelocity Orbitz.com

More about Hotel du Pont

My number one pick for Delaware Cuisine

by tpangelinan about The Green Room at The Hotel Dupont

Valet Parking, Men...Jacket required at all times, Ladies, no jeans or sneakers. Reservations are a must, book early as they sell out of space quick. The service, atmosphere and dining are second to none in the state of Delaware. Come break bread with the who's who in Wilmington. They have all kinds of packages, check out their web page. My favorite meals here are Sunday Brunch, $29.00 per person and Valentines Package, around $150.00 per couple. Chocolate Fondue is to die for!!!

My number one pick for Delaware Cuisine

by tpangelinan about The Green Room at The Hotel Dupont

Wilmington: Gems in a Small City

by hochbeam

"Welcome to Wilmington!"

I'm a big fan of my little home town, and I started this page to bring notice to some of the little out-of-the-way restaurants that can be found in the city. There are plenty of good restaurants in the city not covered here, like the Green Room at the Hotel DuPont, that can do their own marketing. I'm here to help the little guy, except for a few personal favorites among the established places. Now I'm expanding the page from just restaurants to other topics, with an emphasis on the Trolley Square area where I live. [Thanks to Johane Cherico for doing restaurant reviews with me. By the way, this is a totally noncommercial page, and I am not affiliated with any of the businesses reviewed here.]

Wilmington downtownWilmington downtown

northern part of the propertynorthern part of the property

I-495I-495

The Caesar Rodney Statue in Rodney SquareThe Caesar Rodney Statue in Rodney Square

Travel Tips for Wilmington

Wilmington Library

by tpangelinan

Don't say "nothing is free in America", the public library is there for you. Please, go and pick one up a book and read it.

Wilmington Public Library
10th & Market Sts., Wilmington, DE 19801
Beautiful old building, and quiet. Free, full of history and information.

Wine sampling....and dinner too

by Rhondaj about Romano's Macaroni Grill

Dinner for three including wine(s) for the Mrs., beer(s) for the Mr., and soda for the kiddie; 3 entrees, 1 dessert, and 1 cappacino, all for about 60 bucks---not bad!

Atmosphere here is very nice.
Service-attentive--no empty glasses or long waiting for meal or dessert

Food comparable to any other nice Italian food-have to come back and try the brick oven pizza! I like the wine sampler--it changes--so get the list. 3 wines, 2 oz. each--this week they were all reds--my favorite--boy does my heart feel healthy!

Comments