4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

6800 First Coast Highway, Florida, 32034, United States

Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Costs 82% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Amelia island plantation isn't worth it!

We arrived to find they"lost" our reservation so we waited for 2 hours to have a room cleaned!
    The amenities are not first class. Food is below average , over priced and service doesn't exist.
    The spa was over priced and the golf courses were not well maintained.
    We were very disappointed !
    The resort layout is in a residential gated community and it was poorly designed and very confusing.

I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS RESORT...IT ISN'T WORTH THE PRICE TAG..NOT FIRST CLASS...MORE LIKE NO CLASS!

Unique Quality: The beach is very nice

Directions: South end of amelia island

• zrim's Profile Photo

You don't get what you pay for

We stayed three nights at the beachwood villas. Two-bedrooms with a small kitchen and generous living room.

Becky and I graciously took the smaller bedroom--what a mistake. Two twin beds in the room. Not nearly big enough for a zrim. The walls were paper-thin and we heard the noisy elevator all night long. Early in the morning we were treated to the bellowing of early rising golfers as they loaded up their cars with their golf clubs.

The maid service was basically non-existent. Towels were changed some time after 7:00 p.m. I can live with that, but not when you are paying upwards of $200 a night.

On the plus side. The grounds are beautiful and immaculate with lots of flowering trees and oaks covered with Spanish Moss. The beach is quite accessible. And the trail system for pedestrians and bikes is fantastic.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Condos and Villas

We saw these buildings being constructed on our way south at the south end of Amelia Island. I have not stayed there.

My sister did stay at Amelia Island Plantation in November and really loved it. I'm not sure what the difference between Amelia Island Plantation and the Amelia Island Plantation Inn Condos and Villas is.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Luxury Retreat on the Beach

My sister wanted a relaxing island vacation where she could relax, and hopefully meet up with us.

She got a good deal on the room rates from this place and was very happy here - she wanted me to put it up on the VT website for her.

Unique Quality: The picture shows the Amelia Inn & Beach Club. There are also smaller villas.

More about Amelia Island Plantation Inn

Amelia Island Plantation was wonderful!

by TripAdvisor Member JMB71Florida

My family and I stayed at Amelia Island Plantation last summer, and we loved it. There is so much to do...swimming, hiking, tennis, golf and just relaxing. The villa we stayed in was well-maintained and had the most awesome view of the ocean. We ate at all their restaurants and didn't have any bad experiences. We are planning to gather more family members and do it again this fall. Great experience!

wonderful family vacation at amelia island plantation inn

July 26,2004
we just returned from a seven day stay at Amelia Island Plantation Inn.. we had a wonderful time... we traveled with our four-year-old daughter and our 10- month- old daughter,as well as grandparents...we typically stay at five-star resorts,Four Seasons,Ritz-Carltons,The Greenbrier,The Breakers.... we were Very Pleased with our oceanfront accomodations,the rooms were very clean upon arrival, the staff VERY attentive,possibly the best valet... there were a few instances when evening turn-down was inconsistent,but this was immediately addressed, the food is good..the menus could be updated or rotated more frequently,but fresh and good quality.. there were unlimited activities for all ages, the geography of the island is very lovely,and quite honestly,I think with a few minor changes thie resort could be top-notch.. the spa is apparently well-received.. my wife had a massage and a pedicure and was very pleased...we thought the cost of the trip was an excellent value.. considering the amenities,(we were on a bed and breakfast package)the location, the rooms,the service .. one must make clear his/her requests and if the reservation staff is as attentive as ours was,you should have a wonderful stay... also I spoke with the general managers office prior to arrival and the office was very responsive to our concerns/requests... it is a wonderful place to take your family...

North FL Paradise

by Csebec about Amelia Island Plantation

Beautiful ocean side resort. Many options for rooms-luxury hotel, villas, condos-all great. I reccomend the Sandcastles Villa or The Inn (hotel). Each set of Villas has their own pool- only heated one is at the Inn-which is where all the kids are-so if you just want quiet- go to one of the Villas. All with beach access. great restuants within the Resort, some more pricey than others. Falcon's Nest is reasonable and good food. P.L.A.E. (People Laughing And Eating) is excellent- outside of the "gate"so they do not allow the charge to room but still wonderful. Free shuttle around the resort. Shopping at the enterance. Great Golf. WONDERFUL SPA!!!! Tennis, bike rentals. Great place

Overated Amelia Plantation

Took my husband for his fiftieth birthday to the Amelia Island Plantation for a weekend get-away. Paid more to get an oceanfront room ($301.) per night, and was dissapointed to find a nearly worn out interior (chairs were actually rusty at dinette), carpet in the bathroom (eewww) and in general, just felt like a typical $69. per night hotel except that it was on the ocean. Shops were nice and people were friendly although there were two shops that had such an overpowering smell of mold and wet wood, that we had to leave immediately. Breakfast was the only meal we ate onsite and it was just okay but $16. apeice.
For my money, I would go stay somewhere in Fernandina Beach, great restaurants, sailing trip is cool and friendly shops.

Picture perfect

We treated my mom to a long weekend at the Amelia Island Plantation for her 70th birthday the weekend of May 26-29, 2005. This resort is absolutely beautiful! We stayed in the Beach Walker Villas and our villa was decorated and furnished in designer quality. The pool was crystal clear and well maintained. Everyone that we encountered was pleasant and helpful and the restaurants are top notch. This was a pricey vacation splurge, but I felt completely pampered and it was well worth every penny!

A-1 Service & Location

Had the wonderful opportunity to finally stay at the Amelia Island Plantation recently and what a joy!

We stayed at the inn which was really fabulous, well decorated and most of all... The staff was superb! Any hotel company can build a beautiful & functional property, but you cant buy this type of service or employees. Each day at the resort, I cant remember one time when an employee passed me that didnt say, hello, good morning/afternoon/evening. The funny thing is that each and every one was sincere...

I've read a few negative submissions regarding their cottages, but in most any beach resort or oceanfront property the items mentioned are commonplace.... But remember, the staff makes the difference.

The golf courses (Played both) are fantastic and have some of the best views ever... I particulary enjoyed their restaurants, didnt have a bad or even average meal in the four days I was there, everything was well worth the price charged.

Fantastic resort and I look forward to hosting our Company Meeting there this fall!

Good Job!

AMELIA ISLAND PLANTATIONAMELIA ISLAND PLANTATION

THE SHOPS AT AMELIA ISLAND PLANTATIONTHE SHOPS AT AMELIA ISLAND PLANTATION

Things to do Amelia Island Plantation, Florida

by virtual13

I will be going to Amelia Island Plantation for a sales meeting. I am 26 and I am not sure what are the fun things to do over there. I have found this link about Amelia City http://www.citiesandvillages.com/city-Amelia%20City-Nassau%20County-FL-116119.aspx - Amelia City in nassau County, Florida ... but I am not even sure if this is where the resort is? I would like to hear from someone who visited that place. Also, judging from the map present in the link above it appears Amelia City is near Cumberland Island. It appears quite close - did anyone travel from Amelia Island to Cumberland Island? I am not the best driver and I do not want to get lost... Any ideas?

by Rubia_1

I'm not sure exactly how far it is from Amelia Island Plantation to Cumberland Island. I believe Amelia Island is in Jacksonville Florida so it shouldn't be that far. Cumberland Island is near the Georgia - Florida border. From Jacksonville you would go north on I-95; take Exit 1 to St Mary's waterfront.

stmaryswelcome.com

Cumberland Reservations Office
(912) 882-4335/ (877) 860-6787
Monday - Friday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm

nps.gov/cuis/

March - November, ferry departs 9:00 am and 11:45 am; returns 10:15 am and 4:45 pm. December - February, no ferry Tuesdays and Wednesdays

Fees: Adults $4/visit

The only facilities are restrooms and water fountains, so bring food and beverages for your trip. Bicycle rentals available. Camping and fishing allowed.

by Rubia_1

By looking at the map on stmaryswelcome.com you can see that Amelia Island and Cumberland Island are quite close.

by jean55

This question is sooo old. I went to Amelia Island last summer & plan on returning again this coming summer (2010). I saw a website ameliabeachcondo.com that has a few items listed concerning what to do in Amelia Island. I am sure that you can do all of the "beach" activities that we did last year & plan on doing again. I will list them after our summer vacation.

Comments