Amelia Island Plantation Inn

See Travelers Recommended Hotels

Tags

Spa and Resort Beaches Luxury Travel
See Amenities

Amelia island plantation isn't worth it!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 5, 2007

We arrived to find they"lost" our reservation so we waited for 2 hours to have a room cleaned!
The amenities are not first class. Food is below average , over priced and service doesn't exist.
The spa was over priced and the golf courses were not well maintained.
We were very disappointed !
The resort layout is in a residential gated community and it was poorly designed and very confusing.

I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS RESORT...IT ISN'T WORTH THE PRICE TAG..NOT FIRST CLASS...MORE LIKE NO CLASS!

Unique Quality: The beach is very nice

Directions: South end of amelia island

zrim's Profile Photo

You don't get what you pay for

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 18, 2004

We stayed three nights at the beachwood villas. Two-bedrooms with a small kitchen and generous living room.

Becky and I graciously took the smaller bedroom--what a mistake. Two twin beds in the room. Not nearly big enough for a zrim. The walls were paper-thin and we heard the noisy elevator all night long. Early in the morning we were treated to the bellowing of early rising golfers as they loaded up their cars with their golf clubs.

The maid service was basically non-existent. Towels were changed some time after 7:00 p.m. I can live with that, but not when you are paying upwards of $200 a night.

On the plus side. The grounds are beautiful and immaculate with lots of flowering trees and oaks covered with Spanish Moss. The beach is quite accessible. And the trail system for pedestrians and bikes is fantastic.

grandmaR's Profile Photo

Condos and Villas

by written on February 19, 2004

We saw these buildings being constructed on our way south at the south end of Amelia Island. I have not stayed there.

My sister did stay at Amelia Island Plantation in November and really loved it. I'm not sure what the difference between Amelia Island Plantation and the Amelia Island Plantation Inn Condos and Villas is.

grandmaR's Profile Photo

Luxury Retreat on the Beach

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 19, 2004

My sister wanted a relaxing island vacation where she could relax, and hopefully meet up with us.

She got a good deal on the room rates from this place and was very happy here - she wanted me to put it up on the VT website for her.

Unique Quality: The picture shows the Amelia Inn & Beach Club. There are also smaller villas.

Nearby Amelia Island Plantation Inn

• Suites
  • Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge

Amelia Island Travel Forum

Need advice about Amelia Island, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Amelia Island and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Amelia Island hotel reviews