4750 Amelia Island Pkwy, Florida, 32034-5501, United States

The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
Booking.com Tingo.com Expedia.com

Costs 104% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• bookworm101's Profile Photo

Usual fine Ritz experience, except the weather

The service is splendid. However, in inclement weather neither the hotel nor the Island has much to offer. If the weather is chancy, bring a good book! It wasn't possible to book last minute spa treatments.

Unique Quality: Views fabulous, even in a nor'easter.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

World's Largest Gingerbread House

I have not stayed here - my sister took this picture in the lobby. (She didn't stay here either) It was part of the Christmas decorations for the hotel.

More about The Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island

Excellent Experience

by TripAdvisor Member Spaceace

We stayed at the Ritz for a weekender on the way back from Fort Lauderdale and had a remarkable experience. The service from drive up to drive away was polished as always and top notch!

Every "lady and gentleman" in the hotel treated us spectacularly. The property itself was not as sleek as some of their urban properties, instead it was a more genteel, estate-like setting. The guestroom was cozy and warm, and the turndown service at night makes you feel like royalty.

If you happen to stay here on a Friday, DO NOT miss the spectacular seafood buffet at Cafe 4750. It was an event not to be missed, and followed up by a relaxing starlit walk on the secluded beach, makes for an exceptional experience!

Good for couples

Recently returned from our first visit to Amelia Island, it is a very quaint town but not for those who are looking for excitement, the best thing to do while here is to take advantage of the beautiful beaches and the seashells (we were able to find loads of conch shells) As with all Ritz Carlton's the service was top notch, the meals were wonderful, and keep in mind that if you are not one of those people with a lot of "disposable wealth" you shoud just leave your car in valet parking (your only option) instead of being charged a $15 fee each time you leave the resort. We were traveling with our 6 year old son and although he did a great job staying quiet, I thought that they could have been a little more kid friendly even though they boast about their
Ritz Kids programs. The thing we enjoyed most was the little cabana that they offered near the ocean where you could enjoy coffee or hot cocoa in the morning along with fresh fruit, it is really a godsend for all of us caffeine junkies! Just remember that I would recommend it for a romantic getaway with your significant other but there isn't much to do outside of the resort.

I love this place! We will be frequent visitors.

I've been there twice and my husband and I will be returning to celebrate our first anniversary in December. The hotel is beautiful, but perhaps a bit more laid back than other RC properties. There's not a ton to do on Amelia Island, but the RC is a great place to spend several days if you want to relax. On our last trip, my husband and I spent a lot of time relaxing and reading books at the pool, beach, and in the lounge chairs in the courtyard. The spa is nice and I also spent a lot of time in the steam room. Both the indoor and outdoor pools are nice and clean. The food is wonderful, particularly at The Grill. Both times that I have been I had the Bed and Breakfast package. For about $40 more per day you get unlimited valet parking and 2 breakfast buffets each morning.

During the summer the pool is a great place to relax. There were days that we stayed at the pool all day long and let the poolside staff bring us meals and drinks. During the winter around Christmastime the hotel is decorated beautifully and there are lots of great family activities, such as tree decorating party, free Santa tuck ins, storytime, etc. The prices during the winter are also incredibly good. We're paying $200 per night for the Bed and Breakfast package after Christmas.

I also enjoy downtown Amelia Island. There's not a ton to do, but there are some shops and restaurants. I enjoy the restaurants Crab Trap and Down Under.

Mixed reaction

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel on a combined business and pleasure trip. Having stayed at over a dozen Ritz-Carltons, our expectations were, not unreasonably, high.

This hotel has some excellent features and some extreme disappontments. The level of hospitality was high, with polite and gracious service at the front desk, to the bellboys, to the club level where we stayed. We felt genuinely and warmly welcomed. The club level cuisine and offerings were excellent, and the staff there was also amiable and polished, recognizing us and greeting us by name by the second day. Families will have a great time here, as there is a charming kiddie pool area.

However, the housekeeping leaves a great deal to be desired. There was no room service menu or key amenities in the bathroom (a club level room) when we arrived. Worse, there was mildew on the shower curtain, something I've never seen before. I called the management immediately and it was cleaned promptly, but it should never have happened.

I was charged $90 for the most expensive pedicure I've ever had outside of NY. It was just a 1-hour pedicure, no special features or treatments, nothing fancy. The pedicure station is located inside the salon, so you can listen to the blowdrying and the gossiping from those getting their haircuts and combouts. I should have checked on the price before I scheduled it, but I never imagined that anyone would charge $90 for a pedicure. Guess I had to learn the hard way; hope this helps you!

The spa "area" is unimpressive. Unlike other Ritz Carlton "spa areas" there is no quiet sitting area, unless you count the 4ft X 6ft space with two chairs at the entrance. The locker room is drab and shabby and the bath / shower facilities need an update. As I mentioned, investing any major $ at this "spa area" would be a waste.

Staff around the pools to help with your deckchair or sell drinks was non-existent. I saw one attendant in 2 hours of lounging by the outdoor pool.

The hotel is charming and is certainly the best in the area, but needs some help.

Problem at the Ritz

by TripAdvisor Member ivorypearlcat

We recently stayed at the Ritz (Dec. 2004). As we anticipated the rooms were exceptionally clean and our view was outstanding. The only problem with the room was that there was an adjoining door to the next room and we could hear everything from the room next door. Santa visited our children in our room which they loved! We were disappointed though that we could not attend a Santa tea that was advertised. I tried to make a reservation 1 week before our arrival and they were already booked up. Also we were informed that we would be given a list of activities that would be going on at the hotel when we arrived and we were never given one. We also were informed that there would be a special family game room and there wasn't. They have a billards room but not suitable for younger guests. Food was very good in the cafe although we could not get in on one of the nights when we wanted to dine there. The indoor swimming pool was very clean and just the right temperature. One huge problem that we had is that someone charged a large food/drink bill to our room We discovered this when we got home and after a few emails the hotel agreed to credit our bill. Someone forged my husbands signature. So you might be wise to tell front staff not to allow anything to be charged to your room.

Overall I feel that this hotel was a great bargain for the price but the unfortunate charge to our hotel bill overshadowed our experience there.

A wonderful two night getaway with family

by TripAdvisor Member etalk

I don't know how people could write a bad review on this place. I had a wonderful time. I enjoyed it just as much as other Ritz Carlton properties. Our party of 6 adults had booked three rooms for two nights. Each room was nicely decorated (island style) and very comfortable. I really liked the chair-and-a-half lounge chair that overlooked our view of the ocean.

The room stewards were very timely at making up and turning down our rooms while we were out. They left us bottles of cold water, chocolates, and a rose at each turn down.

All the staff were excellent! We learned a lot about the history of the resort from a lady who worked in the Lobby Lounge, who also treated us to a couple of Cola beverages on the house.

I played challenging games of chess and pool in the Billard Room. Our party of six also brought our own games like chicken foot and Jenga, which we played in the comfort of the Lobby Lounge and Billard Room. We often had hotel staff peeking over our shoulders to see how the games were going, asking who was winning, they were very social and friendly.

The hotel seemed to have more business travelers than leisure travelers while we were there. Perhaps that is why I had the indoor pool, spa, and jacuzzi areas all to myself most of the time.

While out on the beach, the beach attendants set up chairs for us, brought us towels to wrap up in (the wind had a chill), and were also very available and friendly.

We enjoyed eating most of our meals in the Cafe 4750. Great food and cheerful atmosphere! We enjoyed watching the dessert chef make our desserts. We did eat dinner at the five Diamond Grill. The food was great and the service was also wonderful. Oh, try the ice cream based ice mocha from the Gourmet Shop. They are sooooo good.

The Bellmen were also a great group to talk to. They gave us our first glimpses of the resort, told us useful information, and later, were more than happy to take group photos of our party. We have great smiles in our pictures because of the funny comments they were making before shooting a picture!

The Spa also has a great staff. The spa is very small compared to others I have seen, but the steam and sauna rooms, private changing rooms, and showers are all nice. The massages were wonderful!

I definitely recommend this hotel for a two night getaway!

Very nice but a little small

I stayed at the Ritz for 2 nights last July. The property is wonderful. There is a huge pool and hot tub. The resort is very family oriented. We paid around $250 per night, which was over priced. When we checked in we had to wait 1 1/2 hrs to get our room but they gave us 2 free drinks at the bar. The room was nice, but it was definatly on the small side. The decor was a little dated as well. The shower could have been better for the price we paid. Overall we did enjoy our stay and the service was very good. It does get really crowded, though. I would come back again if I got a better deal on a room.

**The golf courses were nice from what I could tell --but they aren't over looking the ocean as they try to make them appear on the website.

Comments