80 Sixth St., Apalachicola, Florida, 32320, United States
Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Coombs House Inn

Wonderful first B & B experience! (!!!)

by TripAdvisor Member swmpgirl

The Coombs House Inn made our first foray into the world of B & Bs an AMAZING one! Elegant and refined, warm and friendly, comfortable and delicious…all of these words come to mind when trying to describe my experience. The house itself is absolutely gorgeous. Every time I descended the staircase I would have to stop and just drink in the atmosphere. Warmly lit at all times…candles flickering….mouth-watering aromas of baking…*happy sigh* Estella and Anna did an extraordinary job of making us feel welcome. Recommending places to eat (and making reservations for us!) calling a captain to set up a sailing trip for us…they made everything so easy! Breakfast was divine…each morning a different array of freshly baked muffins, dried and fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt…warm egg dishes…Belgium waffles….I wish I had some right now! We can’t wait to return to this gem on the “Forgotten Coast” of Florida. I’m thinking it would be a wonderful way to spend Christmas…..

A Lovely B&B

by TripAdvisor Member ParrotHeadFL

My wife and I spent a night at the Coombs House Inn on our way to New Orleans, and found it to be a lovely B&B. Not that I have much to compare it to, since it's only the second B&B I've ever stayed at.

We were in room #2, the "Wilson" room, in the main building. The hostess was very gracious, giving us our choice of empty rooms. We chose Wilson because it was downstairs, and we found the downstairs room to be cooler than the upstairs rooms. The air conditioner was running non-stop, but in Florida in July it's just hard to keep a house that size cool. Of the downstairs rooms we looked at, Wilson felt bigger.

The room was of fairly average size, with a king four-poster bed. There was a cozy little sitting area with two chairs and a table, ideal for reading. Or, in my case, using my laptop while connected to the inn's wireless network!

There was a bit of noise, as the room faces highway 98--but it wasn't overwhelming and we still got a good night's sleep. We always bring a portable fan when we travel, and the white noise from that covers just about anything.

We didn't participate in afternoon tea/snacks, so I can't comment on that. We did eat breakfast there, which was delicious and filling.

Small town America

by TripAdvisor Member Charles_Orleans

Apalachicola has a lot of small town American charm and Coombs House is equally pleasant. Set a few streets back from the waterfront, accommodation is in two buildings about a hundred yards from each other. The bed rooms are well appointed in the chintzy style beloved of US guesthouses. The main house, where a good buffet breakfast is served,has a sitting room for guests. There is no restaurant on site but plenty of small interesting ones within strolling distance - ask where you can get the best oysters for which the town is famous.

A most relaxing trip!

by TripAdvisor Member sewfun

My husband took me here for a surprise birthday trip. It was absolutely wonderful! The house is absolutely gorgeous, inside and out. Our room, The Wilson, was charming. It was a large room and it had beautiful furnishings. The bed was very comfortable. Everything was top notch. The food was delicious and the staff attentive and helpful. We enjoyed a wonderful, quiet weekend there. We took advantage of the bikes provided and toured the lovely neighborhood. It was like stepping back in time to a lovelier, more relaxed era. I plan to go again and will be recommending this Inn to my friends.

Loved the quiet inn

by TripAdvisor Member aa21196

We loved our stay at the Coombs House inn. It is in walking distance to shopping and dining in town (but realize town closes down about 9 at night!) Room was clean, staff was completely friendly, let us park at the inn the day we checked out so we could still wander about town. Our room was the Hemingway, which was completely private. Only noise were the cars driving by at night. Breakfast was tasty, and you did not have to eat with strangers all at one table, small private tables were nice. Just beware of first floor rooms, they are in the main hall where everyone comes in and out and people check in - those might be noisier.

beautifully restored Historic Home

by TripAdvisor Member 49flgolfer

My husband and I have just returned from the historic Coombs House & Inn in Florida's Panhandle.
This property has been restored to its grand past by its owners from the furnishings, paint and decorator accents. Rooms were good sized with comfortable beds and quality linens; each room has its own porch area complete with a comfortable pair of wicker chairs for sitting and reading or relaxing. Warm cookies in the afternoon and beverages appeared just as we'd be returning back from a day of exploring the town or surrounding area. The innkeepers were knowledgeable regarding local restaurants and helpful about reservations. Breakfast was delicious and varied daily.

We found the inn through The Select Registry of Inns, which has never let us down.

Loved The Coombs Suite

by TripAdvisor Member pcessna5

The Staff at Coombs Inn were very friendly and cared about our stay. Especially Estelle. The first nioght was uncomfortable but Estelle made our next night a very comfortable and enjoyzble night and day. Thank you very much for aking our two night getaway a very memorable experience and it is a place we will definitely stay there again. Thank you, Paul and Melissa Blountstown, Florida

Very accommodating to our situation

by TripAdvisor Member BSalmons

My pregnant wife and I did not make it to the Coombs House Inn - her grandmother fell ill and we had to cancel our reservation at the Inn so we could go see her. The resident manager, Estella, was VERY understanding and accommodating to our situation. She is allowing us to take a raincheck on our reservation. We're expecting baby in only a few months, and our work schedules won't allow us to rebook anytime soon, probably until after baby is born. Needless to say, we are happy that we weren't charged for the reservation, and we'll be rebooking as soon as we can.

Great Place to Stay in Appallachicola.

by TripAdvisor Member edeehaskl

We enjoyed our stay very much. The staff was very friendly and the value was great. The room was very clean, comfortable, and quiet. The Inn is just 2 blocks from downtown restaraunts. We especially enjoyed the evening wine and cheese gathering (complimentary), with a chance to learn about local dinner options. We brought our bikes and went on a ride on St Georges island - fantastic. We also enjoyed ur visit to the Orman House (local 1830's built plantation house on bluff) and the tour by Ranger Mike.

very nice

by TripAdvisor Member deora24

Photos are very accurate. We stayed here on Halloween and had a great time...bicycled on St. George Island. Well run B&B. We stayed in #7 Heron.

Comments