Turnberry Isle Resort

19999 West Country Club Dr, (formerly Fairmont Turnberry), Aventura, Florida 33180, United States
Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 25% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Fairmont Turnberry Isle Resort & Club

Ok- not the best location

by TripAdvisor Member Nhern

My husband and I stayed at the Fairmont Turnberry on business- it was decent, but I expected it to be better. The hotel seems run down a bit- the grounds are nice. The pool area is ok, but there is a not a spa outside- something we both really enjoy...also, the pool closes very early- at sundown..

The location is also not great- it's not near the ocean or beaches as the pictures might lead you to believe. It is across from a mall- when I go to Florida I like to be by water, so this would not be my first choice...there are very nice hotels on the beach that I would look at first if booking in this area.

The hotel staff was also very disorganized- they first checked us into a room that was already in use and the valet system is also very slow.

very nice room

by TripAdvisor Member botiga

we were for 2 days, after leaving Miami Beach, because we were looking for a luxury place to finish our holidays, with nice landscape, shopping and tennis courses.
I remenbered The Fairmont in Aventura by photos in internet and I decided to go there, instead of the Ritz Carlton at Key Biscaine.

The hotel was very luxury and our room ,was excellent, with no carpets on the floor, very clean terracota floor, and a big balcony with table and chairs face to tennis courts, the style is colonial with a ventilator on the ceiling; also big wardrobes, no coffee maker in room, complimentary from 6.30 am near the lobby.... a little far away from our room.

The balcony was plenty of mosquitos , so don't remember to use repellent at this time of the season , I felt very bad with my mosquitos bites.
They have a little bus just in front of the lobby to go to Aventura Mall, and they also pick up you at the time you finih your shopping by a private telephone line at Bloomingdales front door; in 5 minutes or less they collect you , normally I was alone in bus with all my shopping bags and I felt like aQUEEN.The trip takes 3 minutes back to the hotel.

The tennis courts were great, plenty of free drinks in a machine(gatorade...) and a television with chairs and tables for people; the tennis teacher was very nice and kind

I prefer North Miami and Aventura instead of Ocean Drive (miami beach),it was dirty and no parking, and different kind of people, young people, but is not a luxury place like Turnberry Isle, YOU CAN VISIT FOR a day and come back to the North.(we don't bother about beaches ,cause we live in Benidorm-spain, and we have beaches the whole year at home)

We really liked the Fairmont! Roomy and very clean. Great service!

by TripAdvisor Member LavaJava96

We stayed at the Fairmont Turnberry for 3 nights in a 1 bedroom suite in the Magnolia Wing. Our room was very large, 1000 square feet, with high ceilings, french doors. Our bathroom was all marble, with a deep jacuzzi tub, toilet and a bidet, and it came with robes and slippers, and a scale. The toiletries that they use are European (from London) and it smelled sooo good!!! The sheets were by Frette and felt so soft and comfortable. We were also provided with a light down comforter! We had 3 tvs, one in the bathroom, one in the livingroom, and one in the bedroom. My two little boys (4 and 2 years old) comfortably slept on the sofa bed. Also, my room felt so clean. I can't explain it, but walking on the glazed terracotta floors, it just felt squeaky clean. I really liked that feeling.

They have a nice heated pool in the courtyard. The service at the hotel was great. It's not the kind of resort where you can just walk around in your swimsuit. You feel like you have to be more conservative, as well as quiet. Some of the other guests (or members) looked kind of snooty. We ate lunch at the hotel for several days and the food was pretty good. My kids ate free because they were under five, which was a good deal!

Parking is only valet and they charge $20 a night. They also charge a resort fee which is supposed to include all tips. My husband and I each had a spa appointment, and it was fine. The spa is nice, but not nearly as nice as their spa in Fairmont Acapulco Princess though. Prior to your appointment, you relax in your robe in a relaxing lounge where you sit on these recliners that massage, knead, tap, and stretch your back. It felt sooo good. They felt like hands!! It is 20x better than the chairs at the malls.

We did go to the beach club one day so the kids could play with the sand. There was nothing to look at, and the roof was in disrepair. It was sort of a waste of time to go there. They also have a pool but it's tiny. It looked really old there.

Other than that, I would recommend the hotel. The rooms are large, very clean, and the service is great. It is also located 20 minutes from the Ft. Lauderdale airport, and they offere a free shuttle to the Aventura Mall. It runs pretty regularly and I noticed a lot of the guests use it. It seems like the hotel has a lot of small corporate meetings and conventions, but that's the case with most hotels these days.

Used to Better Luxury

My husband and I went there for the weekend. We usually stay at One and Onlys or other World Leading Hotels. The Turnberry was a huge disappointment. The staff was not helpful at all. Due to the fact that we both look a lot younger than we are they treated us as if we were spoiled children, rather than real paying guests. We went there right after our wedding for a quick getaway before our real honeymoon. I will never stay there again and would not recommend to anyone that is not "older" looking.

Sexual Harrassment allegation

One of the employees at the Beach Club, a young man approximately 25 years old, asked my daughter's 15 year old girlfriend who was with us, if she wanted to "go out to his car" with him?! This was 11 AM and the employee was on duty at the time.

Since this employees job was managing the sea-doo rentals, as a possible inducement, he offered to allow my daughter and her friend (both 15 years old) to use the sea-doos even though the requirement was that guests had to be 18 years old or older to use them?!

Natrually, I notifed Hotel Management....They informed me that this individual wasn't an employee of the resort, but worked for a firm they contracted with, to provide sea-doos to hotel guests, but said they would "talk" to him.

I got the distinct feeling hotel management couldn't have cared less about the situation.

Several days later. this guy was still at Turnberry's beach club, still renting sea-doos to hotel guests.

Does this smack of Natalee Holliway in Aruba?

Beware....

nice for conventions

by TripAdvisor Member miralta

We stayed here last Dec 1-4th on a convention. Our experience was great. Service at facilities was outstanding. The room was big, very clean and well stocked. We had one on Magnolia wing facing the golf course, nice balcony, excellent view. This hotel has managed to keep furniture, buildings and gardens in great condition considering last time we were here was probably 7 years ago and it still looks great. Is big enough to handle conventions without feeling crowded. We could back again.

Elegant and Quiet

by TripAdvisor Member karlad

This hotel/resort is like an oasis. With the placement of the landscaping and buildings, you almost never know that you're in a heavily populated area. The decor is tropical and cool; the pool area is in an interior courtyard, very private and quiet (at least when we were there!) They do have a "beach club," that is serviced almost continually by a shuttle, and the beach club is very well run and guest-oriented. The golf course is convenient - right there at the hotel, and when you play, it's like you're in a canyon created by the surrounding white, gleaming skyscrappers. Our room was elegant and the food was out-of-this-world. We were there on business and the dinners that the hotel planned were incredible!

The staff is extremely friendly, if you treat them as you would want to be treated. We witnessed some other guests treat the staff very rudely (i.e.-slave) and then become enraged when the staff member did not respond with quick, cheerful service. One staffer confessed to us that she loved it when mid-westerners stayed as guests! Go midwest!

Awesome hotel, beautiful grounds

by TripAdvisor Member lovingleigh

Our family of 4 stayed here for 4 nights and we loved it! The grounds are beautiful and the rooms were just as pictured on the website. We had a large suite in the Magnolia wing that overlooked the 18th hole. Our kids loved watching tv while having bubble baths in the jacuzzi!

My husband stays frequently at Fairmont hotels for his business travel so we used Fairmont certificates to pay for our room costs as well as a spa massage for me and golf for my husband. He really enjoyed the golf. It was slightly overcast the Sunday he played so he had the course to himself. They allowed our 8yr old son to join him. For him, it was all about getting to drive the golf cart. Golf cart rental was $25.

My daughter and I played a game of tennis. We were surprised at the $17 per person fee. It is for the whole day but we arrived in the late afternoon. My daughter is only 8 so they didn't charge her.

The main pool is heated and well attended. We enjoyed the beach pool as well and loved that they bring the loungers and towels down by the water for you. The beach club is older but we still enjoyed it. There was some remaining damage to the roof from a hurricane a few months before.

Drinks were pricey - we ordered 2 long island iced teas to our room one evening. Cost was $33.

The spa is lovely. I had a 1hr massage and was given exceptional service. I would highly recommend it.

We loved our stay here and were sad to go.

It was good...not to fairmont standards

by TripAdvisor Member squirt1

This hotel is nice...but i have been to quite a few other fairmont hotels and this is not up to standards. the carpets in the room was stained and very old, the room was very spacious though with a great bathroom, very old tv in the bathroom, but hey there was a tv...
I was upgraded cause i am a premier member and got the suite upgrade otherwise i would have been unhappy with this hotel. I was also unimpressed that they feel they can automatically add on 18% gratuity to everything. even a girl at the clubhouse, sat on a stool and took my order and pointed at a window and said pick up your food there..and gave herself 18% gratuity. the grounds are nice, pool is nice, restaurants are not great at all. I had a much better meal outside the hotel for 1/2 the price. I would stay here again only if i got an upgrade. across the street is a fabulous mall!! and movie theatres.

God this place is AWEFUL

The entire hotel is under construction, there is no golf courses, it looks more like a war zone outside of you your room. The front desk agents are extremly incompetent as are the staff in the Grill restaurant. The food is mediocore at best but you have to pay top dollar. It took the bell desk 45 minutes to bring my luggage up tp my room amd I even believe the valet service crashed someones car while I was checking into my room. I would have had a better time at the Hampton Inn.

Comments