501 E Camino Real, Boca Raton, Florida, 33431-0825, United States

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• doug48's Profile Photo

world class resort

the boca raton resort was originally built in 1926 and was designed by famous south florida architect addison mizner. the resort tower was added in 1969 and at the time it was one of the tallest buildings in palm beach county. this world class resort offers golf, tennis, a beach club, and a marina. the hotel has eight restaurants and several bars. the boca raton resort is one of the best resort hotels in the state of florida. like most south florida hotels prices are much higher in the winter tourist season.

Directions: downtown.

More about Boca Raton Resort, The Waldorf Astoria Collection

Loved the Boca Raton resort and club

Not sure what some of the others expected... this IS an old hotel with lots of history, charm and ambience. Because of it's size - can you imagine the staff it must take to run it?? I know just walking down a street in my city, some people are cordial some aren't, so goes the same for any hotel (I have stayed in many).
Yes, everything is expensive, but that is to be expected when staying at a 5 star resort. The Ritz is the same...
Food is good. service is friendly. If you want to feel like you are somewhere far far away and you want
history and charm - this is the place to go!

Boca Raton Resort and Club

by TRimer

The Boca Raton Resort & Club is world renowned. It's 356-acre estate abounds with exotic birds, brilliant tropical flora and beautiful, historic architecture.

Guests and Members of the Resort and Club participate in an unparalleled range of sports activities, enjoy a variety of outstanding restaurants and entertainment, and experience a wealth of activities for the entire family.

Extensive renovations and refurbishments have taken place recently at the world-class property. Highlights include a new $10 million Tennis & Fitness Center, a $6.5 million renovation and reconstruction of the Resort Course and a new $40 million meeting and conference facility -- The Mizner Center. Additionally, guestrooms, meeting facilities, marina, restaurants, lounges, gardens and pools have been recently upgraded, repaired and refurbished. Annually, $10 million is spent on upkeep and maintenance at Boca. This 'renovations never rests' philosophy is at the heart of the Resort and Club's capital improvement program with the goal of providing the most luxurious surroundings for the most selective people in the world.

Boca Resort defines inconsistency

Okay, here is the secret of the Boca Raton Resort. Unparalleled inconsistency! Depending on your type and price of accommodation, you could be staying in a luxurious room with a view, or an eighty-year-old room in the "Cloister" with a nauseating mildew odor that has to be smelled to be believed or an Addison Court room that even a Holiday Inn would be ashamed of! The rooms section of the Cloister needs to be gutted and rebuilt, but the company is not about to spend that kind of money because they need to put the run-of the-mill conventioneers someplace, and frankly the resort makes 90% of their income from conventions. Of course, the spa, golf clubhouse, golf course, convention center, and restaurants are beautiful, and a wonderful experience can be had if you're in the postion to spend, spend, and spend. There is always plenty of staff around, but their hospitality skills are not of 5-star caliber--well, once again, some are great and some are clueless.
The beach at their Beach Club is not too attractive, but the Boca Raton public beaches about a half-mile north are pristine and stunning. The city of Boca Raton has some great shopping and dining.

I've found a home!

My wife and I have been vacationing on the west coast of Florida for the past 15 years. One of our closest friends had just returned from Boca Raton Resort and Club about a month before our Annual trip to Florida. They told us about their wonderful experience at Boca and insisted we change our plans. This was our finest vacation ever!! We have found a new home! Our vacation was perfect! From the moment we arrived at the front gate we new we had found a home. The properties restaurant selection is so fantastic we didn't leave the property for our first five days! It was so nice not to have to get in our rental car each night to go out to eat. My wife fell in love with the spa. Her only challenge was trying to decide what treatment she wanted. If you think a spa is a place you go to get a massage you are in for a shock! This place was made for kings and queens! you felt like you stepped into another world when you walked through the front door. We stayed in the Cloister building which had the wonderful old world charm we were looking for. Our Chambermaid was very friendly and thorough. Add in the golf and the beautiful beach and you have in our opinion the finest resort in the country! We're already planning next year!

I must agree with every review

by TripAdvisor Member Msk6261

I'm reading these reviews after our stay at the Boca Resort and even though many are conflicting.....I have not found one I disagree with.
We stayed at the Beach Club and if we were paying for our stay ourselves, I would have been very disappointed. We were there on a conference which was paid for by business. Even the discounted group rate was quite pricey for the caliber of hotel. If the rates were half the price I would say it was an amazing resort but for the price they charge (with a considerable amount of additional charges), I expected a much more special experience.
The oceanfront rooms at the beach club were actually quite nice but the common areas (lobby, elevators, etc.) were worn, doudy and dated. The service is far from what you might expect from resorts that they would like to compare themselves with (Four Seasons, Ritz or even Grand Hyatt). No one was willing to go out of their way for the smallest of details. They have have a surcharge for basic hospitality added to the room bill, add tips automatically to charges (like beach chairs) and then expect additional individual tips for poor service.
The main hotel lobby was more elegant and the conference area was huge. I heard that the spa was quite nice too. The rooms were rated as average (I did not see one personally) but the pools were well below average.
This resort has a great location and big potential. Maybe because it is the only one of it's kind in Boca, it continues to do well but the management should visit other resorts in it's class and take some lessons.

What are these people talking about?

I have to say that when I read these negative reviews - I wonder what they're talking about and if they stayed at the same resort that I did! My family and I stayed there two weeks ago in April and had the best weeks vacation. It makes me think that only people with negative things to say take the time to write on these sites.
Anyway, my husband and I brought our two young kids for a week and almost never left during the week. We've done the Disney thing, and taken the kids to other places, but we really loved coming to Boca. It was a short trip from Boston but felt like a different world. We loved the cloister rooms that we had, and enjoyed everything from dining (27 Ocean Blue and Lucca were the best!) to the spa (best spa I've ever been to) and golf. Even the kids loved the waterpark and the kids camp they joined one of the days. The camp was the best, because my husband and I got a chance to spend some time by ourselves! We thought that the service and resort was great and am glad that we got the chance to experience it ourselves and didn't listen to the others.

Don't know why anyone would come back

When was the last time you asked a waiter a simple question about the menu and he barks out an answer with anger and disgust? Where have you ever had 18% tax put on everything including a beer or icecream purchased at the beach? When was the last time you had to carry your suitcases up to your room by yourself because you waited 20 mins for an available bellhop? Where on earth can you find a place so money hungry that they offer to get you intoxicated by offering beer and wine at the tennis courts? Where can you wait 35 minutes for your valet car and not get an apology? Where can you be handed a towel at the pool, and have the poolboy stick out his palm expecting a tip? Why do we have to take a 20 mins shuttle to a beach that is dirty?

Awful vacation, please dont make the mistake we did....on hindsight I wish we checked out immediately on arrival. And dont forget to pack your sunscreen cause its 5x the price.

When I called to complain to guest relations, a woman told me someone would call me back.....never happened! What a surprise!

Comments