2000 NW 19th Street, Boca Raton, Florida, 33431, United States

Booking.com Orbitz.com Priceline.com

• OtisL's Profile Photo

Bar, Pool, Spa, freash breakfast, Near Five Guy's

Renaissance was over booked sad to say my frist night, I was given a refund and stay next door. The 2nd night I had a blast great room good drink's at the bar,also had the pool to my self.......

Unique Quality: Pool, spa, bar, near BBQ, Five Guy's,Beach only 2mi

More about Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel

Highly Recommend the Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Isanabel

We stayed here in April 2006 and were very impressed with the amenities and service. The staff couldn't have been more customer service oriented and the hotel and our room were clean and bright. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bedding was of high quality. We were also pleased with the convenient location, just a few blocks from I-95 and the Town Center Mall. The pool area is beautiful and our only regret was that we couldn't stay longer. This hotel is right up there in comparison to other hotels in the Boca Raton area. We will be back!

Dated and uncomfortable

We stayed at the Renaissance Boca Raton for just one night. While there were no major problems, I was very unimpressed with the hotel. Public areas as well as the room are very dated and in serious need of a renovation and upgrade. Rooms and bathrooms are small and dark, and beds/bedding old and uncomfortable. Renaissance hotels are usually much better than this. Stay at the Hilton or Marriott instead.

Great Service...but time for room renovation

by TripAdvisor Member rhkfreespirit

Since we had family in the Delray Beach area, we have stayed at the Renaissance Boca Raton over the years...it has been a wonderful oasis in the midst of strip malls, senior citizen "overload" and family visits.

The pool area is its best feature...you truly feel as though you are in the tropics/islands with dense foliage, very comfortable padded lounge chairs and great frozen drinks from the bar.

Customer service is exceptional at this hotel and has been for years. They obviously pride themselves on being friendly, caring and tending to every whim or request to make your stay very pleasant. Perhaps due to our staying over the July 4th weekend, housekeeping was not up to par on delivering pillows or timely room cleaning and the "delighted to serve" staff called and provided drink and breakfast buffet comps as apologies. These comps were nice, but the concern expressed was even more appreciated.

With that said, the bedrooms really need a make-over. They smell musty, the air conditioners are either frigid or warm....and make a lot of noise and blow the curtains which allows light in to wake you up in the morning. The bathrooms are still very lovely....granite tops and very clean showers and floors. The mattresses should be replaced with the new Marriott beds which would also improve the overall feel of the room.

We have plans to come back in August again....really because of the nice pool but we will probably look for another hotel in the future unless they modernize the rooms...which is unfortunate since we really have loved this hotel.

A nice spot

by TripAdvisor Member Greataunt

We stayed for 3 nights due to a family event in the area. The front desk staff and waitpeople are remarkably friendly and focused on their guests. The pool area is lovely and we really enjoyed breakfast each morning in the restaurant. The hotel itself is an older property and does not measure up to the other Renaissance hotels we've visited. Having said that, we'd go back due largely to the superior service.

Gross and Far From a Four Star

I have never came to a site to write a hotel review before but I was so upset about the room conditions that I felt I needed to warn people since they are saying they are a FOUR STAR hotel. The carpet was old, dirty and gross. Our sheets where filthy with hair and crusty white stuff and had to be changed. The bed cover had stains! The chair had stains. The trash basket had stains and the outside and inside of it. Both my husban and I started sneezing about 20 mins after being in the room. We looked and the window had mold and mildew on it. The whole room smelled aweful! It was so GROSS! We paid through Priceline therefore we were stuck there! This was an OLD hotel- like an OLD Holiday Inn that someone has tried to upgrade but FAILED.

Very Nice

by TripAdvisor Member Finished

My friend and I attended a class in Delray. She used Princeline to book this hotel putting in a price of $70. We stayed Thursday through Sunday. After reading the reviews here at Trip Advisor, I was a bit leery but the hotel was wonderful! It certainly was worth the price we paid! As other have written the service was great except for housekeeping. That was not up to par with this class of hotel. First day the trashcans were un-emptied. Also the coffee maker and ice bucket are left as-is not emptied or wiped. I am used to these kinds of items being cleaned. That surprised me. The first day I wrote a note with, what I felt was a generous tip, and although housekeeping took both, my requests were ignored. By the last day I had the hang of housekeeping. If you want anything extra, you have to ask the front desk, then when housekeeping shows up, have the item in hand and use hand signs to show how many you want. I did this with the mugs, towels, shampoo, etc. Then split any tip between the person that shows up and the one that cleans your room. As for the hotel itself, the rooms were very nice. I agree that the mattresses are ready to be changed but mine was still comfortable. The wire that runs around the edge of my bed could be felt when sitting on it but as long as I wasn’t on the edge it was comfortable. I did not experience any of the molds others complained of and our room was bright with the drapes open. The pool is very beautiful. They have orange juice and mimosas in the lobby with some stale cookies and you can get bottled water if you ask for it from the concierge. Overall it was a good experience.

Good for One Night

by TripAdvisor Member jdgator919

We stayed at the Renaissance for a wedding that took place about 1 mile from the hotel. Overall, the stay was ok. The mattress was old and uncomfortable and the walls were super-thin. We could hear people showering and chatting next door and also several women enjoying themselves by the pool at 1 in the morning.

We were at the hotel for less than 24 hrs. and it was fine for an overnight stay, though I don't think that we would opt for this hotel again unless we got the same price.

Negatives must be true. No response back from Hotel Gen Mgr

by TripAdvisor Member GQue

Planned on staying a week, next month. Planned to switch over to a Marriott property Vs the Hilton Suites that I usually stay. No negative reason just build up more points in my Marriott Rewards account.

Read recent reviews and called to speak to GM about my hesitations. Left VMail with my res# , phone # and what I had read and asked for him to call me to discuss. IE Mold, Mildew, Needs renovations, More like a 1 star Vs 4 star property. etc.

To date, the GM has not bothered to return my call. Therefore, I have rebooked my week at athe Boca Hilton Suites where I have always had excellent experiences.

One phone call could have generated thousands of dollars in new business. (I travel to Boca several times a year) as well as could of recommended it to others.

Great staff and service

by TripAdvisor Member Giddylou

I wanted to let people know that if they are looking for a stress free experience, they may want to try this hotel. I was in Florida to deal with a rather stressfull family situation. I found the staff more than courteous and extremely helpful. They really went out of their way from the bartender at the poolside cafe who served me dinner to the room service staff and porters, they were really fantastic. The hotel serves vactationers and business travelers alike but is well balanced in its approach to both. The fitness center and pool are open 24 hours. The latter provides a leafy respite from the heat of the strip malls beyond the hotel gates.

Great Place

Wonderful hotel, very clean and manicured. I stayed there for business and had a rental car. It had easy access to I-95. Beautiful pool and staff.

atlantic dunes beach parkatlantic dunes beach park

Wind surfer at Boca BeachWind surfer at Boca Beach