5001 Coconut Rd, Bonita Springs, FL 34134
Expedia.com amextravel.com Priceline.com

Costs 29% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort And Spa

HYATT Coconut Point

This is a wonderful hotel in Southwest Florida. It has beautiful pools and a terrific concierge level. The restaurants are terrific and the adjacent time share is outstanding. I highly recommend this resort which can be a more reasonable airfare away than the Carribean. All the advantages of being in the USA are a at your fingertips. It is a 5 star hotel in a 5 star area.

I love Coconut Point!

by TripAdvisor Member lishi8983

I absolutely love the Hyatt at Coconut Point. I have stayed there twice. The area is beautiful. The hotel is right on the Bay. The service is great. The room service is amazing! In fact, all of the food in the restaurants at the Hyatt is delicious! I have never been so happy as I was the first time I stayed at this Hyatt. The hotel was only built in 2001, so everything is still nice and new and clean and wonderful. I love the Coconut Point Hyatt!!

The perfect place

We went every year to the hotel since 2002. Now for the third time. I have seen a lot of hotels around the world, but this is outstanding. Nice places around to shop and to dine. Great pool area. Wonderful bay-viev rooms.

Wonderful Resort

by TripAdvisor Member Janette25

We are just back from a week at this resort with our toddler. We had a wonderful time. We did the Regency Club and found it very worthwhile. We had great rates via Hyatt's Fall Promotion. We loved the restaurants - Tarpon Bay, and Corkscrew (pool restaurant). The hotel is beautiful, the pools are terrific. We also loved Lazy River at the nearby Vacation Club. We enjoyed the boat and the beach. The weather could have been warmer but it was still a huge improvement over New Jersey!

Superb Hotel

We stayed at this hotel for Christmas and it was lovely. The hotel deserves its 4 star rating.

The rooms are spacious and we could not fault them in any way. Although the weather was bad and we did not use the pools they looked superb and were heated. The food we had was great and not badly priced for a hotel.

The staff at the hotel were all very friendly and very helpful, even on Christmas day they bent over backwards to help.

Only slight niggle they charge $10.00 a day for some of the facilities that should be included in the price, other than that I would give it 8/10.

luxury accomodation!

by TripAdvisor Member SabineS

I stayed there for only two days but it was a great experience. The hotel is quite new and the rooms are very large, nice and clean. The pool area is great and there is a private beach(you have to go there by boat) which is very nice.
I think the hotel is a bit too expensive, but if you stay there the whole day it´s worth it!

Worth it's rating as one of the best Hyatt's!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member kevindyan

Stayed at this property over the Thanksgiving holiday and was "wow'ed" from the moment we walked in the door! I'd seen this Hyatt resort listed in numerous publications as part of their "best of" lists and the accommodations and service definitely lived up to those expectations.
We were given a very large king room with three balconies (one of which was in our very large bathroom). The guest room was elegantly appointed but still had a homey feeling. On the back side of the hotel is an awesome restaurant and bar (you can choose to sit outside or in), not to mention a grand staircase which eases you into an absolutely beautiful open living area with sofas, chairs, checker & backgammon tables and a beautiful view of their magnificent fountains, gardens, and pools! The surrounding grounds are beautifully landscaped which adds contrast to the outer areas which are protected preserve land. The resort does not have immediate access to a beach though, you must take a boat to the hotel owned Big Hickory Island (you can pack a picnic basket and take with). While the island is a little rough around the edges, it's definitely worth a day-trip! The seafood restaurant which is located in a separate building (Tarpon Bay, I think was the name) is superb, their ceviche was one of the best I've had! Although don't miss the bar/cafe by the pool either, misting fans to keep you cool, great sandwiches to keep you content, and smiling staff to make you welcome!
I truely cannot fault this property in any way, the service was top notch, the spa was exceptional, the food offerings were wonderful and diverse, and the guest areas . . . flawless! I should probably add that there's really not much to do in this area of Florida but with a resort like this one, who'd want to go outside the hotel grounds?

I'll add one major suggestion, take bug repellant as there are some small pests that leave a sting of a bite (I don't know if they are year round or just in the fall).

Loved this place!

We stayed here for only one night but would have stayed longer if there was availability. We did have to wait in the lobby for an hour because our room wasn't ready, but Hyatt made up for it. They upgraded our room to one on the Regency (17th) floor, which is only accessible with a special key. Guests of this floor had a private lounge that served complimentary gourmet and snack food and beverages from 6am to 10pm! The views from the balcony were spectacular, as you could see neighboring Naples, etc. Being beach people, we took the private Hyatt boat across the bay to their own beach. Umbrellas were already in place for guests to use, and they lend cooler bags to guests upon request. The pools at the facility were beautiful and one had a good sized water slide. For golfers, the courses looked top-notch. We didn't have time to use the spa, but it looked wonderful. Hyatt even credited us the 50$ food allowance that came with our room package because we ended up eating in the lounge. I have a new regard for Hyatt now and will be sure to seek them out when traveling. Next time, we will definitely stay longer!

Great but for the front desk staff

This is a beautiful resort that caters to business/corporate clientele. I would not recommend this hotel for vacationers. There is little to do in the area and traffic, as mentioned by a previous reviewer, is horrendous.

The pools and grounds are very nice. With the exception of the front desk, the hotel staff including the Spa staff, were exceptionally polite, friendly and helpful.

The front desk staff person who checked us in was rude and incompetent. We booked a premium room (Regency Club) for approx. $400/night and at check-in, we were placed in a room with a view of multiple construction sites and a swamp. The room was not on the club floor and had no balcony (about 1/2 the hotel's rooms have a balcony).

When we inquired about the location of the club lounge, the employee got downright rude, told us we had not booked regency club, sent us to the hotel business center to prove our boooking (they kindly waived the $7.50 internet-use fee), told us all the rooms were exactly the same size (well, maybe--if you don't count the balcony) refused to change our room and in the end, upgraded our room keys to have club access "since that was really what we were paying for anyway!"

Also, we had booked online at hyatt.com and ended up with three separate reservations for our stay of 5 consecutive nights. The same front desk employee told us we would have to check with the front desk every morning to make sure we weren't automatically checked out of our room because there they had no way to link the reservations. Dealing with the likes of this staff was not the way I wanted to start each day of my vacation....

At the encouragement of the Club room concierge, we completed a comment card and the next day, the front desk manager contacted us. This just made the experience worse. Rather than simply rectifying the situation, he started wheeling and dealing, making offers starting with changing our room to the club floor for the remainder of our stay, to cutting our rate by $50/night "since as Hyatt Diamond Club members we shouldn't have paid for club access anyway", to giving us one free night out of a 5-night stay. The first two 'offers' were nothing more than we deserved anyway.

Overall, this is a 4 star resort with a 1 star front desk staff. If you're a vacationer, there are 5 star hotels less than 20 miles south in Naples, closer to or on the beach, at the same rates as this Hyatt.

You'll love it!

We stayed here the weekend of October 8, 2004. It is beautiful in every way and you have nothing to worry about. Clean, georgeous, friendly and perfectly located.

MolinosMolinos