Be careful when you drive...
Be careful when you drive around; there are a lot of old people here. My sister has been in 4 accidents in a 3 year period because of other drivers. I used to live her about two years ago. My parents are still here so that's why I make trips back to see them all the time.
desoto national memorial which...
desoto national memorial which is right off Manatee Ave (look for signs),very paceful , exhibits , demonstrations (during winter months only) , and over 3 miles of hiking trails, also a good spot for cast netting for mullet.
floridares32's new Bradenton Page
some info on bradenton flrida for all those winter tourists:
- Bradenton is in a tropical like area :
- rarely gets below 50 degrees fahrenheit
- hasover 10 types of palm trees
- never has has snow in last 35 years (frost is a possibility on the coldest winter nights)
- the summer can get very warm - over 90 degrees and very humid
- this also means severe storms may develop at any time so keep an eye to the sky!!
- from June - November is hurricane season - even though we are usually spared the worst ones we have gotten a few tropical storms in the last 3 years
- near Anna Maria island ( get there by going over either the Manatee Ave (or Palma Sola Causeway after 75th street light) or by Cortez Rd.)
- Anna maria has white sandy beaches on the Gulf Of Mexico
- Anna Maria also has at least 3 public piers that i know about
- The gulf is RARELY rough but it can be as i found out on December 26th 2001
- fishing is great all year on and around Anna Maria Key
- need more on anna maria>> email me
Bradenton fun facts:
1. Bradenton is the corporate headquarters for Champion Sport Equipment Co.
2. Bradenton is the Headquarters for production of Tropicana Juices Inc.
3. Bradenton has over 150 days of complete sunshine a year!
4. Bradenton has a population of 250,000
5. Most of economy depends on tourism as is the same with the rest of Florida
6. has DeSoto National Memorial - where it is believed that Hernando DeSoto set foot in Florida. (directions from manatee: go down to the 75th street Nw stoplight and turn a right then keep straight to DeSoto National Memorial.)