Bungalow Beach Resort

2000 Gulf Drive North, Bradenton Beach, Anna Maria Island, Florida, 34217, United States
Booking.com AMOMA.com Priceline.com

More about Bungalow Beach Resort

Loved the Bungalow Beach Resort!

by TripAdvisor Member aorton

My husband, my 1 year old son, and I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Bungalow Beach Resort. We stayed in the 2 bedroom, 1 bath pool house located across the street from the resort. We had a great time! The house was wonderful. The house was very clean inside. The pool is a prefect size for a small family. The kitchen was fairly well stocked for cooking light meals. There is also a small grill in the back by the pool. My son and I loved the screen in porch on the front of the house. The only negative about the house itself is road noise. The road noise is the worst in the front smaller bedroom, but from about 11:30 until about 7:00 quites down some.
The staff at the resort were great and very friendly.
The beach at Anna Maria island is great. It was prefect for my son, just learning about the ocean. The sand isn't the softest that I've been on, but the water is great. The water is very shallow until you get pretty far out into the ocean. The water was very calm when we visited. What we really liked about the beach is it is very quite and low key. The only bad thing about the island is there is not a ton of restaurants on the island. We did have a bad experience with the Beachhouse Restaurant, located just south of the resort. The service was slow and not very friendly. The food was even worst.
I would recommend Bungalow Beach Resort to any of my friends.

We shall return to Bungalow Beach Resort!

by TripAdvisor Member GulfCoasterWillee

Lovely hotel. Friendly courteous, staff.

Nicely situated, with Gulf beach just a few minutes walk from your bungalow. Bungalows clean and spacious.

Bathrooms clean and serviceable, but could use an update.

We would definitely stay here again. We have suggested it to others.

fantastic!

by TripAdvisor Member bobbie-joe

We had a wonderful stay at the Bungalow Beach resort. All of the bungalows are right next to the beach (a couple are directly on the beach) and are ideal for just about anybody - it's lovely and romantic for couples, but also fantastic for small children as the beach is great for sandcastle building. It's also very quiet so I'm sure it would be a good place to go on your own to recharge your batteries!
Our 2yr old had a fab time too. We will definitely be back!

Pleasantly Surprised

by TripAdvisor Member TravellerWhitby

We have just returned from a 5 night stay at Bungalow Beach Resort. Since we found this property on the internet we were not sure what to expect but we were very pleased with the resort. It is small and cozy and the surroundings were just as they appear on the website. An absolutely beautiful beachfront from which to watch the sunsets.The units are efficiency units so there is no daily housekeeping but towels are replaced daily and garbage is collected also. We would definitely recommend this place to our friends and will return in the future. It is one of the nicest places we have stayed in Florida without a doubt.

Heaven on Earth!

by TripAdvisor Member tampagatorgirl

For a charming, romantic getaway, look no further than the Bungalow Beach Resort. They pack a lot of cozy style into a quaint property that feels worlds away from the daily grind. The all-white and wicker room featured the most comfortable bed imaginable. The porch of our beachfront bungalow was the perfect place to enjoy a morning cup of coffee before a long walk along the shore. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful -- their dining recommendations took us to fabulous local spots that were wonderfully unique and decidely delicious! From reviewing the guest book in the room, I could see that we weren't the only couple to fall in love with this place...which had been visited by many on their honeymoon and several others who were repeat visitors. Maybe the next will be you!

Loved the Bungalow Beach!!

by TripAdvisor Member Dannybouy

We stayed in the Mermaid Room 116. It was exactly like the online photo! We walked right out our door and we were on the beach! Wonderful sunsets from our own patio. The pool is great. The staff is very friendly. We brought our 5 year old son, he loved making sand castles and splashin in the surf. We would stay here again, and again!

Cozy, private, beautiful beach

by TripAdvisor Member wanderingcubes

Anna Maria Island is a beautiful place, they don't make them like that any more.

The resort is very small but very cozy. Our room was an efficiency, so there was only the bed, a small area with a microwave, sink and fridge, and the bathroom.

If you are one of those people who like privacy while using the bathroom, this room is NOT for you. The bathroom is basically a cubicle, the walls don't go all the way up and therefore it is not soundproof. My very consciencious, gracious and gentleman of a boyfriend excused himself when I had to go to the bathroom, and I did the same. That setup can certainly put a damper on romance!!!!

Otherwise, everything was very nice. From what we could see, some of the other cottages are much roomier and have a little terrace.

There is not much to do there, which is exactly why it is so wonderful. The trolley is great and the shops and restaurants are very good.

We would most definitely stay there again.

P.S. It is very, very humid there, for some reason. We are from Miami but it was much more humid than we are used to. The sheets and clothing always feel damp.

Not for me!

by TripAdvisor Member kpookiem1

Hated this place the minute I got there. Stayed in the 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom bungalow, right next to the bend in the hwy.

The "partial beach view from one bedroom" was if you looked to the right underneath the pillars from the building behind it, you could sort of make out that the ocean was back there. This is the most expensive room they have. I had asked if there were any cancellations so we wouldn't have to spend so much money and they said no. However, within a day of us arriving (for our 4 night stay) 2 of the other bungalows were empty.

Ours did not have a porch, but did have two chairs sitting outside the door,with a view of the parking lot, underneath a sea-grape tree. Smelled awful, like stale wine and they would fall and hit you on the head if you sat out there for more then 5 minutes. Slept in the back bedroom the first night and we both ended up in the middle. This matress was awful. It must be years and years old.

While at first glance this place seems cute and clean, it is not. The beach chairs are far from the water and are two heavy wooden chairs attached to a table that cannot be moved. I could barely lift my arms over my head in the shower to wash my hair because it was so small, I thought I was in a camper.

They gave us one pair of disposable slippers for 2 people. The sofa was nasty and I would not sit on it without a towel underneath me.

We spent $900 to stay there for 4 nights and left after the 3rd night. I would suggest anyplace else and I did a lot of research before picking this place. They must have stood on a ladder to take the pictures to make it appear somewhat larger. I would never stay there again. Apparently the people who love this place have never been to a nice hotel.

Will add photos later, if allowed.

Nice place on the Beach

by TripAdvisor Member grace1908

We just returned from a three day visit over the New Year. We had a great laid back holiday. The rooms are clean and very nice. We stayed in 106 booked through the internet and we were not disappointed in our room. It was everything that we expected. Extremly clean and well appointed. The kitchen supplies left a lot to be desired. If your planning on cooking, as we were you might want to asked for an inventory. No mixing bowls, no measuring cups, no hot pads, and no real place to store anything. There are no cupboards in the kitchen area. We made out fine, but we used our imagination.

The property is directly on the beach, howeve the property is not large. It has two multi story buiding on each side only about 20 feet away so it is not as remote as the pictures make you feel.

The other thing that I thought was odd and not mentioned, to my recollection, was the housekeeping. There is no daily service. You do get clean towels and garbage bags, but aside from that you are incharge of your own destination as to toilet paper, soap, etc. No one every comes in your room to check up on necessities. You must go to the office and request supplies. They give it to you readily upon request.

If you are booking, please take a cell phone as the office is not open on regular hours. On New Years day, no one was in until after noon and on the other days no one was available until usually aroung 10:00 AM. We almost locked ourselves out on one occassion, and wondered how we would every get back in.

The area is very quiet and there is very no night life. If you want to go out and listen to a band or dance, this is not where you want to be.

Yes, after all this I would return, but I would be a little more prepared. It is again, very well done and is very quiet and romantic. The susets were wonderful.

Relaxing and Peaceful

by TripAdvisor Member Larry&Debbie

Our stay a Bungalow Beach was everything we had hoped for. It was wonderfully quiet and peaceful. The service was great, with clean linens (with a fresh flower and candy) delivered to our room in a lovely wicker basket each morning. Our room was cozy, immaculate, and comfortable. The grounds are lushly lanscaped with palm trees, flowering shrubs, and bushes that provide privacy. The beach, with its fine, white sand, was wonderful. Bungalow Beach sparkles.

• May 2, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I just checked out today. I paid almost $1300. For 4 nights. Although it was very close to the Gulf, I was a little disappointed. Owner was nice. Ceiling leaked onto the counter and when we told them about it, they were aware of it. Doors didn't lock. The oven was very nasty. I wouldn't use it. I have stayed in plenty of 5 star resorts for less than half that with a bunch of amenities. I won't go Back. If it was $100 a night, maybe! But not at $379. They comforter wasn't clean either. I could go on, but I won't.