8701 Astronaut Boulevard, Cape Canaveral, Florida, 32920, United States

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Radisson Resort at the Port

Great Pre-Cruise Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member cbros

Stayed 1 nite 8/19 before a Carnival Glory cruise. Family of 5 stayed in 2 BR suite with govnmt rate of $150/nite. Well worth the price. The suite was ready at 12:30 PM when we arrived from MCO. Front desk staff was very pleasant. You enter the spacious and well equipped living room/kitchenette. There is a queen sleeper sofa, side chair, desk/chair, tv cabinet, kitchen table with 4 chairs, small refrig/microwave, sink, dishes and silverware. There are double doors that open to the bedroom with king bed and large jacuzzi tub. Separate bathroom with shower stall/sink. We needed a rollaway bed and one was provided immediately at no extra charge and there was still ample room in the living room.

The grounds and pool area are very nice, palm trees, boulders, waterfalls. There were ample lounge chairs and a poolside bar. At about 4PM (Friday) there was live entertainment at the bar. It made for a very relaxing prelude to our cruise. We got dinner at the nearby Chinese Buffet and picked up oatmeal/oj for breakfast the next morning at the nearby Publix. The Hotel offers complimentary port transportation. Although we didnt use it since we had a rental car, there seemed to be several shuttles operating and never saw anyone waiting for transportation.

I would definitely stay here again for a precruise nite.

Great park-n-cruise package

by TripAdvisor Member librarian5

We are so happy that we decided to stay at this Radisson before our cruise. We purchased the park-n-cruise package, which was a great deal. It includes a room, buffet breakfast, parking at the hotel, and shuttle to and from the port. (Be sure to reserve your shuttle time before you arrive at the hotel so you can get your desired time because the reservations fill up fast.) The hotel is built around a courtyard that features outdoor dining and a lagoon-like pool with waterfall. Our room faced this pool, and we enjoyed hearing the waterfall all night. Our room was clean and had tropical decor. The only maintenance issues we found were a small bit of peeling wallpaper near the ceiling and a couple of burned-out lightbulbs, but the room had lots of lamps so lighting wasn't a major issue. The website also claims that Sleep Member beds were available at this hotel, but our room didn't have one. The bed was very comfortable anyway. In the morning, we enjoyed the buffet breakfast and then caught the shuttle to the port. The shuttle arrangements were a little hectic due to several large groups waiting for shuttles, but there were two dedicated staff members there to ensure everyone who had a reservation was placed on the appropriate shuttle without too much of a wait, and the hotel had lots of shuttles available, so as one filled up and headed for the port, there was almost always one pulling up ready for more passengers. This was a great, hassle-free way to start our vacation, and I would highly recommend the parking package to anyone cruising out of Port Canaveral.

Had a Delightful Time!

We arrived 2 days before a cruise and had a delightful time at this delightful resort. Something to be aware of when you arrive: Make sure someone escorts you to your room! The guy at the desk showed us a map that was supposed to help us find our room. He didn't explain that, though our room was in the 300's, it was on the 2nd floor. The "3" meant it was in the 3rd building, not the 3rd floor, and it's not easy to tell which building is which, as they're all connected by walkways. We had a ton of baggage and piled it all on one of their baggage carts. We had to roll it up to our room ourselves. We wheeled around that cart all over the resort. It was exhausting! (Seinfeld could use it for material!) We had to call the front desk on our cell phone twice for help. Finally, they had to come and get us and bring us to our room. Other than this exhasperating, yet minor episode at the beginning of our stay, we thoroughly enjoyed our time at this resort. The room wasn't much, it wasn't spic-and-span squeaky clean, but it was adequate. The hot-water knob didn't work on one of the sinks and they didn't hesitate taking something off my my bill to compensate at checkout. Pool area is beautiful. So much attention to lovely detail, including a waterfall in the pool and goldfish pond on the way to the pool. Flowering plants grow by the hottub, adding a beautiful splash of color. Pool area is lit up beautifully at night. It was clean and well-taken-care-of. Service was good. We ate lunch right at the pool. Very friendly. We enjoyed the hotel restaurant for dinner one night too! If you don't want to eat "fancy" there's a family restaurant next door. Just step out the lobby door and go left. It's about half a block or less. For dinner you might want to have them call you a cab and eat at the port. Definately give the Radisson at Cape Canaveral a try!

Stay Here, but don't dine here.

by TripAdvisor Member Carl_in_Tampa

We choose to stay here on the night before our cruise for a variety of reasons:

1. They have a room package which includes parking your car there for a week during your cruise, and shuttles to and from your cruise ship. (It also includes a buffet breakfast, but this was not a significant factor.)

Parking at the port itself costs $70 a week.

2. Although we could drive to the cruise port from Tampa in a couple of hours, I have concerns about missing the ship due to car trouble or highways blocked by traffic accidents. I prefer to be near the port.

Although trip insurance is available that covers you if YOU are in a reportable accident, it doesn't cover car breakdowns or blocked highways.

-----------

When you factor in the cost of parking and the cost of the free buffet breakfast, you could say the room cost was under $50 - not bad for a Radisson.

-----------

However, don't have dinner here. It was absolutely BAD. I had pork chops, my wife had beef medallions; both were overcooked, dry and hard.

Try walking to the "family restaurant" next door.

------------

Other criticism would be the shuttle service. It is organized confusion, but I will say it IS organized. For the trip from the hotel to the pier you MUST have a reservation for a particular time on a particular bus.

What they failed to tell us is that upon your return, the buses run only every half-hour and they are first come, first served. They also don't tell you where the pick up point is. However, you can ask one of the cruise line employees around the parking lot where it is.

Having said all of this, I DO recommend a pre-cruise stay at the Radission. I just don't recommend eating dinner here.

Night before Disney Cruise

by TripAdvisor Member cmurphy1210

This is a great hotel to stay at before a cruise. Stayed here with 3 children before a Disney Cruise and was very happy. The best thing about this hotel was the outdoor buffet. It was very relaxing & the food was good. Sat at a table near the pool so when the kids were finished eating they could swim while my husband & I could take our time finishing our meal and enjoying coffee & dessert. The room was more then adequate. Paid $149 for a whirlpool suite.

Honest Review For an Adult stay at the Radisson (Read All Of Review)

by TripAdvisor Member halo_is_down

I will say My wife and I stayed here because of the reviews and pictures available at the time. Originally from N.Y. the Radisson(Under the Marriott Chain) was an easy choice. The lobby was nice, clean and spacious, excellent customer service.
The room:
Our room was hard to find because of the layout(all connected in a maze like pattern). The room was average and connected to another room the only thing keeping it closed was a simple deadbolt lock. The room didn't look like any pictures on the website(dark, heavy smoke smell) so we went back to the front desk and complained about the room, so they offered us a choice of three other rooms to look at before checking in. All of the rooms were the same non-smoking rooms that seemed like a smokers rooms, people leaving room service dishes outside of their door. After requesting our money back and telling them the website was nothing like our room at the time of check in, they offered us a suite(in the newer part of the hotel and the room door faced a hallway and not the outside walkway) to check out. Now, we were greatly impressed with the suite. The kitchen area was clean an had all of the amenities like High-Speed Internet Access, data ports, coffeemakers, hairdryers, ironing boards and in-room movies. The living room area had a comfortable couch in the corner a computer desk, armoire, telephone and ceiling fan and hall closet behind door. Two french doors seperated the bedroom area. The bedroom has a ceiling fan plus seperate heat/ac controls, armoire cordless phone. A separate vanity area, a Jacuzzi tub(very clean)with mirrors on two sides of it also separate from the shower area(Im 6'3" and fit in Jacuzzi with my wife with room to spare). The shower had nice clean glass doors and a seat built into the shower wall so you could just sit in the shower. The Suites made up for any of the short comings of the regular rooms and labor day crowds staying at the Radisson. Overall, I would recommend
Radisson Resort at the Port regular guest rooms but if two adults are going to stay there and want a peace of mind(away from the kids) go for the Suites which get an Above Average rating from me. Also The Breakfast was very good.

Nice place, brutal room

by TripAdvisor Member MSkinner

Thought we'd stay at the hotel the night before our cruise on the Carnival Glory (fantastic trip).

Anyway, check in was bad. Our limo driver put all our bags on the luggage dolly, and we brought it in ourselves - no one there to help. We check in, and the guy pulls out a map to show us where our room is. The resort is a maze of smaller buildings. Took us about 15 minutes to find the room, all the while I'm pushing this dolly. There's ramps, little stairs, narrow hallways, etc that made it a nightmare to push this thing around. Finally find our room on the 2nd floor (can't find an elevator, so I have to haul all of the bags up myself).

We get in to the room & it stinks. I mean REALLY stinks like musty / moldy type thing. It's late, the kids are falling asleep standing up, and we didn't feel like arguing at that point. In the bathroom, the wallpaper was falling off the wall, and there was a 2'x 2' area that had nothing on it at all - like they had repaired the wall but forgot to repair the wallpaper.

The grounds are nice. The pool & waterfull are great. The restaurant staff were nice. Just a bad room and bad check in experience.

Pre-cruise stay. Very nice hotel. Staff was great

by TripAdvisor Member Sarahsmom85

We came to stay here with a large group before a cruise. The weather turned pretty chilly, but we still had a good time. The hotel gave us a room to use and provided 3 tv's to watch the Patriots football game. Our large group had a blast together watching the game. If the wind was not blowing we would have taken advantage of the pool more.

My only complant was the noise level. The rooms where not very sound proof. You could here foot steps everytime someone walks by. We also had a room need the stairs. We got a lot of noise from stair travel. My advise is make sure you are away from a staircase.
Other than that we had a great time.

Overall good experience with Pre-Cruise Deal

by TripAdvisor Member Kevdarts

I stayed at this hotel for one night with my family prior to departing for the Disney Cruise. I suspect that they were understaffed. I arrived early (about 1 pm) and they were not able to accommodate an early check in. In fact they were not able to check us in until 45 minutes after the designated check-in time (3 pm if memory serves). That being said, the staff was courteous and we were welcome to enjoy the amenities while we waited, including the very nice swimming pool. I had the Saturday night buffet, which included Alaskan king crab, shrimp, made to order mahi-mahi, and many other dishes (all of which were delicious) for approximately $25. While it took us awhile to get a table, the staff accommodated our oversized party well. The breakfast the following morning was standard fare. For cruisers who desire the flexibility of their own rental car, this hotel is a decent option because you avoid parking fees, as described in the previous posts.

Our room was very clean and in good condition. The free transport system to and from the cruise terminal worked well for us. We only had to wait a few minutes, and the return procedure was explained clearly. Upon arriving back at the Raddison following my cruise, my rental car battery was dead. The staff immediately assisted us, and we were promptly on our way. While the hotel seemed like it could use a few extra employees, the overall service was above average.

Comments