8959 Astronaut Blvd, CAPE CANAVERAL, FL, 32920

Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

• Another Great Stay at Home Away From Home

This is our second time staying at the Residence/Marriott prior to a Carnival Cruise and both times were wonderful. The hotel is immaculate, the staff is very friendly and work very hard to make it very comfortable and relaxing. We drove a long way to be greeted by no hassle check in and good old southern hospitality at its best. We stayed in a king suite (we had the same room both times 2009 and 2011) and we were able to unwind by the gorgeous pool. The breakfast staff was very courteous and kind and the buffet style dishes made us feel right at home. I have stayed in many hotels in the USA and among them some of the finest (LA Westin Bonaventure, The Kimberly in NYC, The Copley in Boston) and I have to say the Residence Inn by Marriott Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach is the best and most comfortable hotel by far. Hats off to the operations manager and his staff. By the way, the free parking for your cruise is a great deal. I highly reccomend this hotel. I will definitely be back!!

Unique Quality: Great Buffet, ultra clean pool and patio, extremely comfortable bed, spacious room with nice amenities, wonderful staff, nice landscaping...I just love the place.

Directions: very convenient to the Port Canaveral Cruise Terminal about a 5 minute drive door to ship terminal.

More about Cape Canaveral

Chocolate trilogyChocolate trilogy

Pool partyPool party

Towel elephantTowel elephant

Pina Colada "Tart"Pina Colada "Tart"

Public transport to Fort Lauderdale

by saimadhavhk

Hi

We finish our cruise on 14th October 2010 from Carnical Sensation and wish to go to Fort Lauderdale. What is the public transport available?

cheers

Madhav

Re: Public transport to Fort Lauderdale

by Agraichen

Hmmm I've always done private car or rental as "public" in the past has been not that available. Here's some web sites to check until a local checks in:

Getting to Orlando is easy, getting to Fort Laudedale is a different matter. Better to finish the cruise in Ft. L. You might find it cheaper to rent a car and drive.

Re: Public transport to Fort Lauderdale

by saimadhavhk

Many thanks

Travel Tips for Cape Canaveral

Internet Access

by cjg1

Internet access is important to us. Liz is in school and needs to submit assignments and do homework when we are on vacation. There is an internet area on the ship but we choose to bring our own laptop. They have various packages that range from 60 minutes of time to 180 minutes. The cruise ship provides a map of area on the ship that have wireless internet access. We found a few places that were quiet enough for Liz to do her schoolwork and have a dacquiri at the same time. On Board the cruise ship they have an internet cafe to keep you connected to school, work or loved ones. The cafe has a number of workstations available for use. You can also bring your own laptop and use their WI-FI service. Liz always needs to have internet access since she is in school and brings her homework with her wherever we go.

The internet pricing is $.55 a minute or you can buy a package. We always buy a package. The package rates are: $28 for 60 minutes, $38 for 90 minutes or $55 for 150 minutes.

WI-FI areas of the ship aren't always very good. We seems to have the best connectionin the Schooner Bar. Be aware the connection is very slow and can be frustrating to use.

From Port Canaveral, you can see Cape Canaveral

by Hexepatty

I liked seeing Kennedy Space Center from the Deck of the Disney Wonder. Of course, I have a powerful zoom, on my digital camera, so I got right up on this photo. But in short, it made me think it would be cool to be on a cruise during a take-off day! Leaving on my cruise. It was my first. Hopefully not my last!

A journey back in time

by tony248

You have to start at the beginning to appreciate where we are now in our journey into space. If you are planning a trip to Kennedy Space Center, allow extra time to tour the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. It will be well worth the time. The one thing about our visit to Launch Complex 5/6 that struck me is the amount of history that has been removed. The red colored flame deflector that you see in the picture is all that remains of the original pad equipment. While you can see some similar equipment on pad 6, that just isn't the same.

The space centre is an...

by gkrob

The space centre is an absolute must. Under no circumstances should you miss it. IF a Shuttle mission is active, you can follow their activities fromthe ground. The Saturn V rocket which is housed in one of the halls.

The visitorpark does not...

by Pavlik_NL

The visitorpark does not contain the whole Kennedy Space Center, but is enclosed in a colection of buildings in a park that is filled with rockets and scale-models of spacecrafts. Here is also an IMAX-theatre that gives you a great ride through space. Sunrise in space ... in the IMAX-theatre. How it must feel in reality, floating in space? Deep sigh ...

Comments