1000 Shorewood Drive, Cape Canaveral, Florida, 32920, United States

Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

• Ron Jon Rocked!!

This resort has it all!!! They have an ocean front building and a great poolside location. The main building being the poolside building. It has a great resturant with both inside and outside seating, it also has a poolside bar with walkup food services. They offer tram service between the buildings that runs all day. They are also in process of adding more buildings, this place will be huge once all of the building is complete. They have a Ron Jon Surf Shop in the hotel with limited items. I wouldn't waste anytime shopping there - Take the 10 minute ride to Cocoa Beach and go to the GIANT store they have there. I do have to say that it's a little pricey though.

We stayed at the ocean building in a two bedroom suite. It had 1 bedroom with 2 queen size beds, and master suite with a kig size bed, double closets, and a large bathroom with a jetted tub and stand up shower. There was also a hall bath with a large stand up style shower. We had a large balcony that overlooked the beach where you could watch the cruise ships come in and out of the port. The beaches were very clean and nice. My only complaint is that you have to walk a long way from the resort to get to the ocean, but they do have a very nice walk way for you to use.

Unique Quality: The pool is absolutely fabulous! They also have a lazy river and a waterslide! They have live music just about everyday and it was actually very good. They even took special requests and announced birthdays and such.

They have great children’s programs and daily care options. They have a movie theater with daily showings of recent movies. They also have a huge game room and tons of other amenities.

This resort is awesome and I will go back here again someday! I highly recommend this resort to anyone young adults, married couples with or without children!

More about Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort

The Ron Jon Cape Caribe??? #1 for my family!!!

Well, I have read all the things on here about the Ron Jon... I just returned (finally) and can NOW put my 2 cents worth in... We went June 25th and we never waited for anything! No crowds anywhere (weird)... First, we arrived early, around 10am. It was a Friday and we could not check in (which we assumed already) so we looked around for a bit. While we were looking around a guy came into the lobby and he was making Spiderman balloon characters, and all kinds of unbelieveable stuff. They had a magic show that same day (all free) and the BEST indoor playground for kids UNDER 12 EVER!!!. If the kids are there without parents, just go tell the front desk and they will take care of it. I got ran over myself by a 12 year old boy and he didn't even say he was sorry. After the desk was notified, no problems EVER. Then, we went to eat in their Reef Side Grill... Absolutely wonderful and GREAT sweet potato fries. It did take a little longer than usual to get our food, but it was much better then most because it is FRESH and not frozen entres like most places serve these days. After lunch we went to change clothes and they gave us our pool tags and towels and we hit the pool.... Oh my!!!! What a pool area. You could NOT ask for a better pool, water slide (watch out-it's not a SLOW slide.. ha ha) and the lazy river (the BEST)... It was awesome. Then they checked us in early. There was a male at the front desk who was NOT the most friendly person, after overhearing him with others, I just waited until he was gone to approach the front desk about our room. It was ready... this was around 2pm. We were on the 4th floor, center of the pool area, in a 2 bedroom/2bath. Oh my was it nice. The master BR closet was huge and the kitchen table was VERY large with one bench seat (3 easy could sit there) and 4 chairs so it was very nice. The condo had everything we needed except FOOD. The Ron Jon downstairs has milk and ice and coffee so we bought that much and waited until the next day to shop...eating there again... There's a Winn Dixie just down on South A1A but if you go about another mile, there's a Publix!!! Yeah! They have two parking garages at the resort, so you park under cover (nice)... They are very nice to take you back and forth to the beach or other beach-side building. I don't think we EVER waited for over 1 minute to catch a ride. The kids liked it and kept asking me if we could go on the carts for a ride. ha ha The beach was nice as I have heard it was dirty via an online review. I couldn't believe how nice, quiet, and private it really was after we arrived; we ALL loved it. It was quiet and not many folks there. Just down the beach is Jetty Park (crowded beach if that's what you are looking for). It's actually NEXT door to the resort where all the cruise ships come out/in the ocean. It's quiet a view... You can pay $5/day for Jetty park and take your stuff fishing from the pier (you CAN leave and return the same day on the same ticket). You can take coolers/snacks/chairs, etc. and fishing stuff to the pier and they don't mind at all. There's also a camp ground, small store, vending machines, and playground too... If you have kids, the Ron Jon is definitely the ONLY place to go. They also have babysitting and it's $8/hour for 1 child and add $1/hour per additional sibling... They have a movie theater (free) and it shows approx. 5 movies per day (all different/no repeats). The day movies are more "g" and "pg" ratings and evening movies are more adult/love/action-type movies. I can't even begin to tell you about all the activities because we could never get to all of them. They do have a full schedule so review it at the first of the week so you don't miss those things you ARE interested in. Their staff is getting the hang of it from what I hear. I guess that's why the reviews were not good at first. It's a BRAND NEW resort and has much to offer. I highly recommend to anyone who has a family. Don't forget! The water slide is awesome. The slide and lazy river close at 5pm. Besure to have the Shrimp Scampi in the evening it is offered. I do have to say it's the BEST MEAL I have ever had....... Enjoy this place... we did and can't wait to return....soon!!!

Awesome Place - But don't request Ocean Front

Ron Jon Cape Caribe was an awesome place. Just one slight problem before I start with the good things though. If you are in the Ocean Side building you are like the castaways. You are so far away from the pool and everything else that you spend half your day either walking to the main building or waiting for the shuttle. You even had to go to the main building to exchange towels, get information or anything. There was no one there to help you. If you are on the first 2 floors you do not even see the ocean. There is a major racoon problem. They need to put up signs to ask people to not feed them. Our friends stayed at the main building and we asked to be moved, but that never happened. The main building was awesome. I have never seen a place with such a large water park and something for everyone. Very clean. We will go back, but make sure and ask for the main building though.

great place timeshare pitch low key

One of the nicests resorts on the Florida east coast. Timeshare presentation was low key compared to orlando where they put on the high pressure.We bought and have been very happy with the program...You need to listen and think to make the best deal. 5pm closing for slide and lazy river got the kids out of the pool... more resorts should do the same..staff warm and friendly ..food ok..beach great...ron jon store is more like a grocery store then a surf shop

Had a blast

July 4th was a great day. Checked in at 12:00, the staff was very friendly. Loved the room so much. The colors made me feel like I was in Hawaii.
Loved the bar. Great pina coladas! I only have to say the beds are to hard and the showers could be a little harder but that's okay. Love the beach and our attendant was so helpful. We had a blast. We'll be back again.

Wonderful resort

by TripAdvisor Member donna4811

I am a very skeptical person and having read previous reviews I was somewhat apprehensive about our week at Ron Jon, however, after we arrived and saw how beautiful the resort was and how accommodating the staff was, we expected only the best. The lobby area was outstanding in quality and beauty, the staff was friendly and helpful and our room was very nice. We had a two bedroom/two bath by the beach. There are two buildings that are separated by about 1/2 mile give or take. The pool/lazy river/waterslide/putt putt golf/restraunt/game room/etc is located at the main building. We stayed at the beach building. You will not be able to actually see the beach if you are on the first floor due to trees and brush. We were on the second floor and could see a little. We were able to see the cruise ships are they left the port and you could hear the excited cruisers shouting as they left. There is a trolley that continuouslly runs from the main building the the beach area. It runs until 8 pm. The food was wonderful at the Reefside Grill. Coconut shrimp were the best that I had ever had and the salad was great. The lazy river and water slide now stay open until 7:00 pm. Apparently the resort managers are listening to feedback and want to have the best resort in the area. We ate several times at Dakota's which is located down the road a bit. The food was wonderful. We would highly recommend the resort to anyone who asks our opinion.

Haven't stayed yet, but took the tour.

We went to Ron Jon for a timeshare tour. We did have to wait a while for our tour guide, but not too long. The Resort looked great with a slide, lazy river, pool, jacuzzi, putt-putt course, exercise room, etc. Our tour guide was great and very helpful with answering our questions. He did not pressure us and told us up front that if we didn't want to buy, all we had to do was say so. All the staff we dealt with were very friendly. Our 6 year old stayed in the indoor play area that would put McDonald's to shame. While he was there, the playroom/childcare workers played games with him and even provided a snack when he told them he was hungry. My husband went in to get him and one of the ladies came out and introduced herself and let me know what my son did and how much he enjoyed it. We were really impressed and wanted to buy, but couldn't afford the down payment, so our tour guide got his manager and they worked out a great deal for us. I have read the reviews since we've returned and I am apprehensive about the staff when we go to stay, but otherwise the whole family, including the 6 year old, is looking forward to vacationing there for years to come.

It is a resort not a hotel

My family and I recently stayed a week at the Ron Jon, July 10 - 17, ten of us total, five children (17,16,15,3,1.5yrs old) . We stayed in a two bedroom lock out unit. Everything was great. I think one point that is missed in alot of the reviews is the fact that this is NOT A HOTEL, it is a resort. You should not expect alot of the services provided by a hotel. There is no continental breakfast, but why do you need that if you have a fully equipped kitchen? You do not get maid service everyday, but you have what you need to tidy the room through the week. We never really needed the staff other than to check in and out. And everyone was friendly in passing. Other than checking in and out, the resort was not crowded. The resort itself is wonderful, the pool area is the best. We did Disney one day, only a fourty five minute ride. We did an evening cruise, there is a cart that picks you up at the resort. I do not know of many places you can go to entertain five children ranging from 17 yrs old to 1.5 yrs old for a week. All of our kids had a great time. There is plenty to do for everyone. We will continue to go back!

Basketball and the beach

I had read several reviews before arriving at Ron Jon and I was a little concerned about how my trip would turn out. My son and I stayed at the resort during his basketball tournament. We arrived on July 17 and stayed until the 25th. I had an excellent and restful time at the resort. The rooms were amazingly beautiful and going to the beach was awesome. We were with a very large group and the children always had activities to participate in.

The only downside is that some members of the staff were not cordial or consistent. I had asked on Sunday about renting a car on Wednesday and I was told to come back to the concierge's desk the next day. Well I came back each day until Wednesday and no one knew what I was talking about, so I just left a message to cancel the request if it had been taken at all. There were bright spots and hope this gets printed. Dre in the Sundry shop was the nicest person while I stayed there. If I had a question or wanted directions I received the information immediately and he was always pleasant. There was also a gentlemen who worked at night, his name was Phillip, he was very nice and pleasant. Other staff members that I came into contact really need to work on their interpersonal skills. I say that for those who keep the rooms clean to the sales associates, to management.

I did not get offered a tour because I was single. I thought that to be ridiculous. I am sure that their are singles parents who can afford to stay there on a regular basis.

I would recommend staying at Ron Jon because it is beautiful place. I enjoyed just staying in my room and watching television. I would only suggest that if they needed anything, such as a car rental or directions to the grocery store, to research it before they get to the resort or expect to possibly be ignored.

Enjoyable Stay

Just returning from a week's stay at RJCCR and overall my family and I enjoyed ourselves. Prior to going, like many others reading earlier reviews, I was very pessimistic about the trip. However, it seems management has made strides in improving service.

Arrival: Arrived at about 1:30pm and had to drive around for about 15 mins in order to find parking. There are 2 garages that are always extremely full, so we actually had to park outside near the restaurant until later in the evening when space on the upper level of the garage became available. In the entire week's stay, we never found parking on the lower levels.

Check in: We were able to get into our room at about 3:45pm, as nothing was available sooner.

Front desk personnel were all very pleasant. The accommodations were great, although the actual location (first floor near miniature golf area, view of the street) was not my first choice. Very secluded, almost like the back table of the large restaurant kind of feeling. If I ever visit again, I would not accept that same location.

Restaurant: While waiting to gain access to the room, we headed to the restaurant for some lunch. We were seated for about 15 mins. when I decided to go and find a waiter, since no one had come over. The gentleman that did assist us acknowledged that someone else should have come over, but he graciously took our orders and served as our waiter. The food in the restaurant itself is good quality; however do not come to the restaurant hungry. Service is VERY slow, especially for outdoor lunch dining.

Bar: Always crowded, but the bartenders were always very courteous. Long Island iced teas were great!

Recreation: Great pool, waterslide and lazy river. There is a jacuzzi that is nice as well. The first time we went to get in, it was closed. Never received an explanation why on that day, however the next day was told that someone had been "hurt" in it, resulting in its closure. There is a playroom and a movie theater, which always seemed busy. My youngest went into the playroom once; neither watched a movie because those that they would have been interested in, they had seen already. They did however enjoy the video arcade and the basketball court.

Shuttles to the beach ran frequently from 8am –8pm. I recommend that you hop on quickly when it arrives, as on one occasion the driver pulled off without realizing that someone was still getting on. Fortunately the woman was smart enough to step off quickly, or else she would have been injured.

Since we spent most of our week off premises visiting attractions, we didn’t get to experience everything on site. Never made it to the gym, although I peeked in at it, saw lots of people playing miniature golf. Spent a full day at the beach, which was great. FYI - 2 chaise lounges and an umbrella can be rented for $20 for the day
Timeshare tour: I was approached twice, but not pressured. Since I already have a timeshare I wasn’t interested in pursuing.

Things to note:

This is NOT a hotel, hence no daily maid service, rather once during a week's stay with bare minimal service. Mainly a restocking of supplies.

Winn Dixie and Publix are nearby, so it’s recommended that you pick up a few items if you're planning to be there for several days; particularly breakfast items, since there is no breakfast menu in the restaurant.
There are no lifeguards on duty – ever. None at the pool area, or on the beach. I was not thrilled by that, but fortunately while I was there, I witnessed no problems.

Contrary to what I feared, we had a good stay and provided I could be assured of a better location in either building, I would return for another visit.

Cape Canaveral Ron Jon Cape Caribe or Daytona Beach Fairfield Ocean Walk???

by ashtons_mama

We are planning to visit Florida in September 2006. Ron Jon and Ocean Walk interest us because of the waterfun for kids. They both have waterslide, etc. We will be traveling with a 4 year old and a 1 1/2 year old... We are looking for a beach vacation with extra things to do for the little ones. Any insights on which may be a better location for us? We really aren't looking to do Disney, etc. We did that last year and it was too busy!!! We are looking to relax a bit. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Thank You.

by springbreak105

Fairfield Daytona Ocean Walk Resort is the better choice. The location is great and the beach is much nicer. You will have a great time!

by nomad7890

yes, second the choice. There can be undertoe going on in Cocoa that can pull the kids out to sea (my husband had to propel my son out of the water, then swim sideways himself to free up from the undertoe). If this part of the beach allows drive in's just keep your pick a good place where the kids won't run into the cars - but the beach, as well as New Smyrna Beach, is great.

Nomad

by saminkc

I agree with the other 2 comments. We're staying at the Ocean Walk in August, from what I could research this is ideal for kids and adults, they have spas, and massages for the big kids. Plus the extra water fun for the little ones. They also have a golf course (for the 4 year old) and there's always siteseeing and walking along picking up shells. Have a wonderful trip!

Comments