15951 Captiva Road, , Florida, 33924, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Tingo.com

Costs 43% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• doug48's Profile Photo

historic inn

tween the waters is a historic inn built in 1931 on captiva island. the 13 acre property has a small inn and a collection of cottages. tween the waters has a restaurant, bar, and a beautiful private beach. expensive.

Directions: center of captiva island.

• SammyRN's Profile Photo

Perfect Location

My mother and I stayed at the 'Tween Waters Inn in May 2007 for one week, and I can definitely say that when we come back... we'll be staying at 'Tween Waters Inn again. While the rooms are really only of 2 star quality, they are clean and offer all of the basic amenities, nothing extra, but nothing less. What really sells this place is it's absolutely phenomenal location, beach, and general facilities. We kayaked out of their marina and watched the manatees from our room. We had a great time watching the NASCRAB races at The Crow's Nest and an absolutley delicious, elegant meal at The Old Captiva House. We ate a continental breakfast of fresh, fresh fruit, warm pastries, and hot coffee every morning out on the open terrace within view of the water. We found the rates to be equivalent to other inn's on both Sanibel and Captiva Island, but after spending an afternoon exploring some of the other inns/hotels, etc on both islands... this definitely has the most private, peaceful and beautiful location. Granted, we were there in May just on the end of the tourist season, so there were really very few people there, but still, I would recommend Tween Waters Inn to anyone looking for a beautiful, convenient, fun place to stay.

Unique Quality: Beach chair rental- pricey, but worth it.
    The Old Captiva House
    The Crow's Nest
    The Location

More about Tween Waters Inn Capitva Island

Tween Waters Inn

by TripAdvisor Member janinelouie

Recently came back from Captiva and stayed at the Tween Waters Inn. I wanted to write a review since I had asked so many questions on where to stay, etc before I actually came to the area.
We absolutely loved Captiva and Sanibel too. The beach was a great temperature and very calm although one day was a little rough due to some overnight storm. I didn't love the sea weed but it was less on some days than others. The Inn was lovely. We had a bayside suite which was nice and had more than enough room for my husband and I and our 7 year old son. The pool was big enough where we didn't feel so crowded and it was Mem'l Day weekend. It was active don't get me wrong but on the Tuesday after the holiday it was much less crowded. The pool temperature was perfect. We loved the sunsets at the beach and the walk across the street was not a problem at all. We had some slow service at the Crows Nest restaurant but the food was very good. They were all very friendly and the continental breakfast which was included was excellent. They did all baking on the premises. You could also get a hot breakfast if you wanted for just 5.00 and that included the tip. We would definetly return to Tween waters Inn and this time we plan on staying in a gulf front cottage. We actually looked at them when they were vacant and loved them. I would not say that TWI was luxurious but if you want very laid back, nice acoomodations, clean pool, good food. You will love it here as we did.

captiva, fl in dec

by jackcd

captiva, off of ft myers is great in december. it is still warm and few tourists. there are no waits to get in the restaurants and plenty of beach and pool chairs. also no traffic and good deals. we like tween waters inn a lot hot days and the beach

Peace at Tween Waters

My husband and I just returned on May 14th from our first ever trip to Captiva and Tween Waters. I had read some lovely reviews on Trip Advisor and so we decided to try it. Mostly the hotel was just great. The room was fine, although the air conditioning unit was way too loud, we mentioned it to the front desk, they had a repair person there before we could walk up the stairs to your room, unfortunately he said it was one of the newer units so there was nothing we could do, we put pillows on top of the unit at night to dampen the sound, that worked great and the room was still very cool. we had a great view of the beautiful gulf of very nice, nothing spectacular, and the pool bar and staff more than adequate, but the beach, just fabulous and the shells amazing, although if you get a chance you need to go to a beach in Sanibel which you pass through to get to captiva, the shells there are absolutely fabulous- you become addicted there are millions of them. Everyday the sunsets were beautiful, the dophins swam by and the restaurant at the hotel is great. A lovely buffet breakfast at the Captiva house on the property is included in the cost and for just $5.00 you can have a full hot breakfast plus the buffet. Dinner there was very special. romatic and the food was just terrific. There are great restaurants right down the road- especially the Key Lime Bistro- fabulous, their key lime pie has been written about in gourmet magazine and right across the street the amzing and I do mean amazing Bubble Cafe, which cannot be described but must be seen to be believed. Also the Green Flash and The Mucky Duck which is like the Mallory Square(Key West) of Captiva. Many people congregate there to see the sun go down. So what was wrong with the Tween Waters - only one thing- they charge for lounges on the beach- $20 daily for two chairs and an umbrella, $15 for other type of lounges- thats adds a lot of money to the final bill- my husband and I went to a beach shop nearby- got two small chairs and an umbrella for less than $40 and used them everyday. When we left I just passed then on to other guests so they would not have to pay. there were a lot a families at the pool later in the week so for complete peace the beach is the place to be. The Tween Waters was great, the people were lovely, the food was fabulous and the blue green gulf so peaceful and wonderful. A lovely place to stay.

Tween Waters nice for families and retirees

My wife and I stayed a Tween Waters Inn last month.

Other Guests: Like Captiva, Tween Waters is better suited for retirees and family vacations. At Tween Waters the pool area was crowded every afternoon, mostly families. The rental chairs on the beach across the street were also fully occupied almost every day as well.

Activities: There's a marina at Tween Waters. Boats can be rented, kayaks, sail boats, I think there's jet skis at the beach as well. Seems like renting bikes and biking around the island is popular too. I think there's also party boat cruises too.

Entertainment: The Crow's Nest bar on the property has a regular singer/keyboard player who performs most nights. There's also comedy and local acts on other nights.

Captiva Island: Has nice beaches and restaurants but I'm not sure there are any restaurants or bars on Captiva that are open after 9PM but the local restaurants are good. Captiva is expensive.

Facilities: Mostly OK. Our room was adequate and had a nice oceanside view. The hot tub by the pool was always full of kids and the water looked green so we did not use the hot tub.

Food: OK. Breakfast was choice of fruit/cereal/breads buffet and/or eggs/sausages/pancakes from the menu. Lunch: don't know. Dinner: Crow's Nest bar menu or the fancy-menu at the other dining room which we didn't go to (I think it has a dress code).

Overall: OK but young couples may find it boring.

Great, as long as if you are aware

by TripAdvisor Member superthebest

We travelled to Florida in mid-April with our 4 and 6 year olds and stayed the first few days at Sundial in Sanibel. They loved Sundial which luckily for us was only at 38% capacity - I would imagine it is a ZOO with fuller capacity- and I liked the suite with the kitchenette (none of Sundails restaurants are open yet - you can't get anything edible there!), but our first night we ventured up to Captiva and were entranced. The island is so much more "natural", less populated, less commercial. We viewed the sunset on the Tween Waters beach and my husband lobbied to change our venue. I capitulated for the last two nights, and we got a room at the Tween Waters.
Be aware: The room was not the Ritz Carlton, or even our local Holiday Inn in terms of decor. It was dated and small and a little loud at times, but as long as you are aware of that, and harbor no inflated expectations, it will be great. How much room do you really need on a Florida vacation??
Be aware, parking can be tough sometimes and you may not get exactly under your room, but you will find somewhere.
Be aware: You must get to the NASCRAB races really early and be prepared to wait. Learning that they started at 6, we arrived at five of, to find all tables completely full and the wait was an hour and a half. They said we could just stand and watch the races which we chose to do, but 40 minutes later they were still having predetermined people choose their crabs, so we left , much to my kids' dismay.
Be aware: There is a healthy charge for lounges on the beach but we made do with towels with no problem.
Be aware: The pool and hot tub do get crowded, but not so bad that you can't move. It can be a little loud so the best times are early morning and late afternoon if you want relative solitude.
All in all, Captiva and the Tween Waters was great and we will return as soon as we are able.

Still my favorite place!

We were nervous going to Captiva, apprehensive regarding the effects of the hurricanes last year on the islands. We were extremely relieved to find Tween Waters not just in one piece but looking great, especially since the rest of Captiva looks pretty beaten up ( South Seas REsort is still closed, the damage there was intense) The beaches look wider than prior to the storms. We had our dog with us, & we really enjoyed strolling the beaches & the inn grounds with him. The food, service & staff were great.
There was one negative -- it looks like the dog friendly rooms are the ones where old room furnishings go to die. Still, we were comfortable & thoroughly enjoyed our too brief stay. (5/7/05)

Nice Place!

Stayed at the Tween Water Inn last year. Very nice, quaint, well equipted, picturesque resort. Rooms were decent, but the real charm is the locale. Between the Bay and the ocean, views were lovely, shelling was great, walking endless, and the bar was fun. I kayaked for the first time there, and bought a kayak as soon as I returned home to IN.

island oasis... will go back!

by TripAdvisor Member abicat

Very friendly, impeccably clean, lovely view of the ocean from the room (I requested Gulf front). Hotel staff unfailingly easy to work with--I do almost everything by email and they not only didn't email to ask me to call, they were very quick with emails to any questions I had. I never felt like I had put them out by emailing.

The rooms aren't on the forefront of decor, but they're wonderful for the beach and the bed was comfortable and the sheets were soft and clean. The screened balcony had a table and chairs, for those welcome respites from the heat.

Sanibel is 2/3 nature preserve, and a short drive away. Captiva is lovingly well preserved--I only saw one traffic signal, most of the buildings are small in scale, there are no neon signs. Rich local color.

And while I was unaware of some of the fees, they were all posted. My bill was exactly what I expected--there were no accounting snafus or surreptitious charges. Local calls incur a nominal charge per minute, and you can get to the internet for 9.95.

Excellent breakfast at Old Captiva--stay in one of the restored cabins if you can!

(and if you're wondering, the effects of Charley are hard to find. captiva's perople are resilient)

Tween Waters Resort, Captiva IslandTween Waters Resort, Captiva Island

Ideas for Sport Related Vacation

by jessica_ss

i want to go on a 4-5 days vacation in october to some warm place in u.s mainland.i want to do lots of sport activities like tennis,squash,ping pong,cycling,hiking,badminton etc. is there any place that offers these kind of activites. i was looking for resorts. didnt find any. please help

RE: Ideas for Sport Related Vacation

by jackcd

check out so seas plantations or tween waters inn, both on captiva island, FL. have been to both many times

Comments