355 Cassadaga Road, Exit 114 off I-4, Cassadaga, Florida, United States

Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

• doug48's Profile Photo

cassadaga's only hotel

the original cassadaga hotel was built in 1901 but later it was destroyed by a fire. the current building was built in 1926. the rooms have private bathrooms but that is about it. no television or phones. if you want to stay in cassadaga the cassadaga hotel is your only option. people say that the hotel is "haunted". the hotel has a restaurant called the lost in time cafe. i am posting this tip for information purposes only, i personally have not stayed at the hotel.

Unique Quality: ghosts ?

Directions: near lake helen forida. from I-4 exit SR44 go east about 1/2 mile and then right on lake helen road.

• shohman's Profile Photo

Haunted hotel?

This is a large, Spanish style hotel. The rooms are basic, a bit old and creeky. They claim the hotel is haunted.
    They do have a psychic, Birdy, on staff. I have mixed feelings on psychics, but I must say this one blew my mind.

Unique Quality: where else can you sleep with a ghost?

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

A different kind of hotel

The hotel receptionist makes certain you understand that you won't find TV's or phones in your room in this hotel. It's a quiet, contemplative place to stay. Readings with astrologers, psychics and channellers can be booked through the hotel or at the book store across the street. Of course you could also knock on a door if someone has an OPEN sign in their window. More on all of that later.
    I stayed in the hotel on this last trip. Never will do it again unless it is sold to someone who cares about it. I found the hotel shabby, soiled, and uninviting. Their coffee and breakfast (?) was so bad that I went elsewhere after the first cup of coffee. I also didn't get a good feeling about the people who do readings thru the hotel. Some may be fine, but at least one I spoke to had a bad attitude and an uninviting aura. The hotel is for sale...and I think someone could do wonderful things with this great old building. I hope that happens for the sake of the hotel and the Cassadaga camp overall. It's a shame to have such an anchor building poorly run. I don't usually discourage people about places this way, but in the case of this hotel...it is definately warranted. Now...to be fair, I will say it is a cheap place to stay.
    __________________----
    Try popping into their web site. It's pretty creative. They designed it as if you were looking at an old home movie, so you hear the old projector. Directions to the hotel are given there, as well as rates and pics of rooms.

Directions: Directions are given on the web site.

• Katmosphere's Profile Photo

The truth is out there....

I didn't actually stay here but I browsed the gift shop and checked out the hallways and lobby. The manager was very friendly and very informative. She told me that they have 50 rooms for about 60$ a night.

Unique Quality: This is a sweet old place, originally built in the 1920's.
    It has a beautiful, large porch with lots of chairs to sit on and watch the interesting developments of this amazing town.

Directions: In the middle of town

Comments