Cassadaga Hotels

• Pawtuxet profile photo Pawtuxet
  • Reviews: 1617

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ann Stevens House ~ B&B: Preferred accomodation

First night in the area and the Cassadaga Hotel wouldn't make any arrangements for me to arrive after 5 pm. so.....I was fortunate to be referred to the Ann Stevens House. The owner was a pleasant and totally accomodating man who had no problem with me arriving at 9 pm. (He and his wife live next door.)
My room was comfortable, private bath, and lovely little 2nd floor porch which was my private space. Especially nice in the morning when I could wake up to the birds chirping and see the Florida trees and native greenery. Breakfast included very good coffee (so important to me) and my host prepared a full breakfast... ham, eggs, bisquits, orange juice and fruit.
The grounds at the B&B are park like...almost an oasis in the middle of a simple rural community with few tended gardens or lawns.
The B&B is furnished in antiques... the front building totally restored. Second building is newer and has a small pub in it. More on that in another tip.
Weddings are held here on a very regular basis. There is special space at the rear of the property which is landscaped and prepared for this purpose.
I would highly recommend this B&B ... especially compared to the Cassadaga Hotel. Of course the expense is greater, but you will be happier. Your innkeeper presides with caring professionalism.

NOTE: This is a favorite spot for bikers who don't want the noise and confusion of Daytona and would prefer to be quiet and comfortable with a little drive to get into the hub bub of Bike Week.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Road Trip, Luxury Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written April 30, 2007
Tip Photo

• frankcanfly profile photo frankcanfly
  • Reviews: 2603

Cassadaga Hotel

We just stopped by to have a look, but I certainly wish I could be here on Halloween!

You certainly feel a presence of something else here; can't explain it.

As you walk down the hallways, you might be able to see an Orb, the spiritual presence of the deceased. Or maybe you heard a mouse fart.

• Opinion of Price: N/A