225 Celebration Place, Celebration, Florida, 34747, United States

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Mona Lisa Suite Hotel

Loved the spacious Mona Lisa Suites

by TripAdvisor Member WisconsinHodag

Stayed at the Mona Lisa for the first part of our wedding anniversary trip to Florida. We were very pleased with the brand new spacious suite, extremely comfortable pillow top beds and pillows, minimal Pottery Barn type decor and 2 flat screen tv's. We stayed in a one bedroom suite at a rate of $99 per night plus the $12 resort fee. Rooms were very quiet. The one bedroom suites face the parking lot but 2 bedroom suites face the pool, we were told.

Hotel is not difficult to find, so not sure what other reviewers are referring to. Staff was efficient and friendly. We did not have time to use the pool but it looked great. Very close to the Disney Parks, and Giordano's Pizza (located only in Illinois and Florida, featuring Chicago's famous stuffed pizza) about 4 miles up the road. We were told by friends from Orlando to go to Timpano's Italian Restaurant and Chophouse. This was a wonderful meal. This upscale restaurant features Italian and American specialty steak entrees. There is a great bar area which features martinis. It is about 15 minutes from the hotel and definitely worth going to for a special evening out. The front desk will mapquest it for you.

Would definitely stay here again...could not beat the price, size of the suite, proximity to Disney and great nights sleep on the mattress. A very enjoyable stay.

Room to Grow

by TripAdvisor Member pfgjmg

My Husband and I planned a quick getaway to Orlando and stayed one night at the Mona Lisa Suite Hotel. We were looking for a quieter, newer property and that's exactly what we found.

I would consider this to be a modern (very clean lines and minimalistic decor in the rooms) hotel though the exterior architecture is somewhat traditional. The rooms are very clean (we felt like we were the first ones to ever stay in our room) and extremely large with a living area, balcony and full kitchen.

The Mona Lisa is probably not the 1st place I would go if we had kids - the pool is beautiful but not full of all of the bells and whistles of the Disney Resorts (a good thing for us this particular trip) - but you could definitely bring children here no problem. The breakfast (which we paid for with our rate) was great - made to order omelets, scones, granola with various add ins, friendly service.

The only negatives of our stay: no bottled water in the room as was to be included with the $12.00 resort fee, no creamer for the in room coffee maker, we had to go back to the front desk to find out how to receive our breakfast (it turns out we needed vouchers that were not provided at check-in), we thought the general layout of the property was a bit awkward and finally we didn't know that you had to make shuttle arrangements 24 hours in advance to be taken to the Parks. I found this to be a strange, inconvenient policy and wish we would've known since the parking is $12.00/day at any of they Disney Parks.

We will be back and would certainly recommend this property to a fellow traveler!

Very nice!

by TripAdvisor Member Soderbee

It was very clean/new hotel. Would definitely stay there again. Being from FL, we have been to disney and Orlando area before and this was a great price & location. Staff was great...checked in at 12p instead of having to wait until 3-4p. The rooms were huge-2bdr/2b/kitchen/living area. It is off of 192 so there is lots of restaurants mins away to the right and magic kingdom/epcot 5min to left. Only down-side was no paper towels or soap in kitchen & no vending machines. Other than that, perfect!

Great hotel but had an incident

by TripAdvisor Member marioeliz

Checked in late around 2am after leaving a long night at Howl-o-scream. Got to the lobby which was immaculate. The front desk was a bit rude and not very friendly. Asked to see if they put a hold on my credit and they told me no. Well the next day I checked my account and they had an extra $100 hold on my credit card. They gave me my room keys and they gave me wrong instructions on how to get to my room and ended up in the wrong building which they have 4 total. Had to call the front desk from my cell phone and they told me I was in the wrong builind and gad to carry my heavy luggage to another building.

Got to the room and the room was very spacious and clean. It was a 2 bedroom suite at $120/night so the rate for the room was amazing. 2 bedrooms/ 2 baths each with a king bed and a nice living area with a pull out sofa and a balcony. It also had a full kitchen with cups, plates, etc.

Went to sleep and everyone woke up an hour later because the AC stopped working and the room was extremely warm. Called the front desk and they told me to just wait until morning and they would have someone look at it but we're checking out in the morning. I was so upset and put my shoes on and stormed up to the lobby and demanded either switch us to another room or give me a refund and I'll sleep somewhere else. They actually didn't believe me and went to the room to see if I was telling truth. After they found out that I actually was telling the truth they finally switched us to another room. After everything was said and done it was 4am. They were actually nice enough to let us have a late check-out at 1pm.

So overall I give the hotel 7/10. Suprisingly I would actually stay there again we just had a little bad luck. We all can't have everything perfect everytime!

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member dena62

Mona Lisa was a great hotel, we can't wait to go back. Not much for kids to do, but we spent our days at the parks, so it didn't really matter. We reserved a 2-bedroom suite and it worked perfectly for us, as we traveled with our 10 and 16-year old boys. Having a kitchen helped cut dining out expenses and we all enjoyed the 3 flat-screen TV's. Beds comfy, hotel was quiet, nice pool/jacuzzi area. We used the free transportation to go to the parks and they were right on time coming and going.

Nice room, but unhelpful, lazy staff and management.

by TripAdvisor Member NYCASreviews

My fiance and I stayed in this hotel for 3 days and 2 nights, Friday through Sunday. The rooms were great - clean, bright, etc. It was convenient to get to Disney and best of all, not expensive.

The staff and management, however, need some major training. The staff was rude, incompetent, and frustratingly lazy. Here were some of the issues:

1. Lock - We called on Friday afternoon to report that our door did not automatically lock when we closed it. We were told it would be fixed. It was not fixed by the time we left on Sunday. Simply put, all of our possessions were free for the taking for 3 days.

2. Hotel shuttle - We called on Friday night to find out about the Saturday morning shuttle to Disney. The person on the phone told us the times of the shuttle and that was it. On Saturday we showed up at shuttle, but were told that we had to book the shuttle 6 hours in advance. This information would have been helpful the night before! Then we asked the two guys at the front desk if we could still get on the shuttle (which was a 12 passenger van with 2 people sitting in it) - they said no, we had to book 6 hours in advance. We then went up to the shuttle driver and he said it was fine if we got on if the guys at the front desk would give us a voucher. We then went back to the front desk and told the two guys who relented and gave us a voucher. This is not customer service! The person on Friday night should have told us that the hotel required a 6 hour advance booking. The two guys on Saturday should have tried to get us on the shuttle - instead, they were lazy. Since the resort fee we had to pay included this shuttle, having staff that was a little more helpful would have been nice.

3. Late checkout - We called late Saturday night and asked if we could get a late checkout on Sunday morning. The normal checkout time is 11:00 am. We were told nothing more than to just call back Sunday morning and ask for the late checkout then. Thus, we called early Sunday morning to ask for a late checkout. The woman at the front desk said no. First, this is information that would have been helpful the night before. Second, I can't even imagine that the hotel was so booked that we couldn't have had a 12pm or 1pm checkout, particularly since check-in is at 4pm. Third, when I persisted, the woman at the front desk said fine, make it 11:30am. A half hour? Seriously? I've stayed in a lot of hotels and again, this is the exact opposite of customer service.

4. The resort free includes 2 bottles of spring water - I never saw a single bottle of water appear in my room so I'm glad I paid for water I never received.

Again, the rooms were great, but I've never stayed in a hotel with such unhelpful staff and management.

Great for the price

by TripAdvisor Member LouLamb

Great Service! Clean ! Great rates! We had a very nice overnight stay. The hotel is like a fancy Fairfield inn. The furnishings and construction were kinda low end. The interior hallway color scheme was a little disturbing. But the people were nice and the service incredibly fast. We would stay again.

modern well equiped with top location

by TripAdvisor Member P.L.sparkle

Being in Disney's Celebration gives high expectations to this hotel and all of them were met. There were 2 huge rooms, one en suite, a small kitchen/dining area with a sofa and a nice balcony with a cute modern table. The en suite was a higher sizer than average with bath and shower. L'octaine products were supplied and replenished daily. Everything was up to standard. There were 3 flat screen tv's in all in the suite. The place had adequate lighting and plenty of mirrors. Hairdryers were included. The coffee was a bit of an odd taste though. That and the fact you couldn't even smoke on your balcony were the only two downsides to the hotel. The hotel gives you complinentry rides to and from the theme parks which is a fabulous service. The pool is a good size and the grounds are well maintained. I thing most rooms overlook the pool area. It is a short drive to Celebration village but I think they also provide a car service to there. The location is right near the 192 main road. I would definitely stay here again if there were 4 people going as both bedrooms are lovely.

Best Deal I've Seen in Orlando

by TripAdvisor Member Eugordon

Best deal, why not 5 stars? Well, it's not a 5-star hotel...
BUT easily the nicest place I have stayed for the money in Orlando. Absolutely outstanding.

Rooms: HUGE. Much bigger than my first college apartment. Full size kitchen with cooktops, etc. Large bedroom with changing area all connected to an ample sized bathroom. Both the living room and the bedroom have mounted HD flat panels. Extremely good quality.

Property: Immaculate. Everything was beautifully manicured, clean and green. The pool in the back is outstanding. A huge circular pool that was crystal clear, clean, and well lit.

Price: Easily the best part. For a place that is essentially a 1-bedroom apartment no more than 5 minutes from downtown Disney, $99 a night is a steal. I understand they have 2 bedrooms as well.

STRONGLY recommend the place. Plenty of room for a family to be able to relax in the room at night and not feel like you're right on top of each other and not have to sit on your bed the whle time.

Great Place to Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member FloridaHappytrails

My family & I stayed here Nov. 26- Nov. 30 2008. The Mona Lisa is fairly new. The property is right off of Celebration Place. The suite we booked had 2 bedrooms/2 baths. Checking in was easy & fast. Our room was located on the second floor with a pool view. We had plenty of room for 3 adults & 1 child. The hotel provides transportation to the theme parks & downtown Celebration ( included in the resort fee). The electric car they use for Celebration transportation is cute. The pool is heated. We enjoyed that. It is a 0 entry pool.Great security on the property. You have to use your keycard to get in & out of the place. We felt safe. We brought all of our food because it has a kitchen (no oven). The elevator's are fast. A few complaints: a ceiling fan in the bedrooms would be nice, a quieter air unit (whistled when came on), plasma t.v. in living room & one bedroom kept getting no signal on certain channels. We were told the hotel had problems with t.v signals lately. We used the transportation to Animal Kingdom for Fri. They were prompt. Animal Kingdom was great. Eat at the Rainforest Cafe ( make reservations). They took us to Celebration Thanksgiving night to see a movie at the amc theater & we enjoyed walking around. Sat. night they took us downtown Celebration to see the Christmas tree lightup ceremony & "snowfall" ( soap suds). We ate at the Main St. cafe. The food was good. The Mona Lisa property was very clean & the employees were very pleasant/helpful. We ended our last evening having a drink in the restaurant. The bartender was nice & gave my son a free refill on his roy rogers. Overall I would stay here again. It is close to 17-92 if you want to shop or eat out. The parking was simple & plenty of room.

Comments