Red Roof Inn Clearwater Beach

clearwater aquariumclearwater aquarium

Beautiful Clearwater Pass BridgeBeautiful Clearwater Pass Bridge

entranceentrance

Tyrone Square Mall, FloridaTyrone Square Mall, Florida

Weather in Florida in Nov.

by jennycee

Hi Everyone,
I'll be going to Florida around 10th to 30th Nov. any idea what the weather would be like then.Do I need to carry warm clothes? Thanks.

by Stef619

Clearwater that time of year is usually in the mid to upper 70's(f) during the day http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USFL0085?from=search

The nights tend to be a bit cool so I would pack pants and a sweater for the nights, esp if you're staying on the beach. Clearwater beach is one of my favorite beaches in Florida!

by TheTravelSlut

You have a real good chance of experiencing warm days in the 70's to high 80's and lows in the high 50's to low 70's. That seems to be the transition time here on the Gulf Coast. Thanksgivings have never been cold and last year I spent it on a boat in Tampa Bay soaking up the sun. I would suggest a windbreaker or light jacket for evenings just in case though.

The Travel Slut
"Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere!"

by jennycee

Thanks Stephanie and Ann, I will keep it in mind when packing. I enjoyed Clearwater and Clearwater Beach which I visited driving from Lakeland. On the next visit I intend going to Daytona Beach and also visiting St.Augustines and Sanibel Island. Best wishes==Jean

Travel Tips for Clearwater

Hit the beach!

by melody129

Embarrasingly, I didn't do much on my trip to Clearwater, as I was on the beach pretty much every waking minute! But hey, the beach was great! I guess that's what happens when you send a Michiganian there in the middle of winter!

tarpon springs

by doug48

tarpon springs is an interesting side trip from downtown clearwater. tarpon springs is a greek fishing village near the gulf of mexico. tarpon springs has the best collection of greek restaurants in the state of florida. a very interesting small town to visit in west florida. from downtown clearwater take US 19ALT north about 4 miles to dunedin than another 8 miles to tarpon springs. see my tarpon springs pages for more information.

Clearwater, FL

by our2jbboys

"Clearwater / Sand Key Park"

After spending a week in Orlando and enduring the stress of Disney we decided to take a day trip over to Clearwater. As we drove over the bridge into Clearwater my first impression was WOW! What a beautiful place. The water all around was a brilliant blue, the sky was clear and bright and palm trees where everywhere. Gulf Blvd. was lined with beautiful clay tiled roof homes and every lawn seemed to be perfectly manicured.
Our destination was Sand Key Park, a county park located at the north end of Sand Key. When we arrived there was only about ten – fifteen people on the beach and it remained that way for our entire day.
The park is somewhat secluded and made for the perfect place to unwind. If you enjoy shell hunting then you will not be let down at this park. We found many different shells of varying sizes and had our best luck at the very north end near the barrier wall. More could be found just out of reach in the calm surf but we had to leave them for another day – the February water was too cold for wading that far out.
The amenities here are very nice. A well kept bath house and restrooms are provided at the entrance to the beach as well as outdoor showers for a quick rinse after swimming. Garbage cans are conveniently provided throughout the park, including on the beach. Picnic areas are provided with exceptional views and make for great family time. The parking is by meter and costs about a dollar an hour and a bill changer is located at the parking lot entrance that dispenses dollar coins for the meters.
We enjoyed our stay so much we are already planning our next trip.

"Go Explore"

I sat on the beach watching the kids play and listening to the sounds of the sea for several hours and then decided to go for a walk. I spent about an hour walking the beach and trails and was delighted by the scenery. This is a very beautiful place to visit and deserves to be explored and appreciated.

"Secluded"

Once you are on the beach, as you look around you will notice in many ways how this park has removed itself from the surrounding development. Although condos/high rises can be seen from the park, they are well into the distance and, amazingly enough, don't detract from the natural beauty. In fact, some of the areas of the park that I explored made me think of how the first explorers to this area would have seen it.

~ Clearwater, Florida ~

by noidiotsplease

Sharing a metropolitan area with the city of Tampa, Pinellas County is anchored by two major cities of its own, St. Petersburg and Clearwater. Both cities, and the myriad of suburban communities situated between them, are connected by causeways to a series of thin keys that sport the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches that make Pinellas County famous.

"Clearwater"

Clearwater, Pinellas County’s second largest city, has its own neighborhoods and a downtown of mid-rise office buildings situated on the east side of Clearwater Harbor and its own beach area encompassing the island to the west. Clearwater Beach is a popular resort with numerous hotels, restaurants, gift shops, and even a pier. It is also a spectacular place to watch a Gulf of Mexico sunset. The water in Clearwater, as the name suggests, is quite clear. Since it is also relatively calm, many people enjoy wading out up to their necks. Many sightseeing boats cruise the waters a little further out. Jet skiers are drawn here too. In fact, one night I saw a Jet skier crash into a causeway bridge piling, so just be careful. The beach actually wraps around to the inlet that divides Clearwater from Sand Key, which is where I stayed at a beachfront Best Western. From here you can actually walk down to the far end and look back across the harbor toward downtown without taking your toes out of the sand.

View my TAMPA page.
View my ST. PETERSBURG page.
View my FLORIDA page.