400 Mandalay Ave, Clearwater, Florida, 33767, United States

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Costs 55% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• 850prc's Profile Photo

Comfortable and convenient beachfront/Clearwater

Pretty representative of the Hilton chain's standard beachfront resort property. Nice rooms, good locations, plenty of underground parking, beach cabanas with all sorts of services......jet skis, waiters, parasailing nearby, etc.

Unique Quality: Nothing particularly unique. Location, location, location.....the forte of the Hilton Beachfront. It's the best hotel on the beach on the Clearwater Beach side of the bay.

Directions: Drive right up to the waterfront. The Hilton will be on the right, just at the start of Coronado Avenue (FL 699).

More about Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort

Nice Place - Recommended

by TripAdvisor Member bdevido

After reading many of these posts, I was very worried about going to the Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort. I bid on priceline and was staying there for a few nights with my g/f. Anyway, the place was just fine.
Service was good, rooms were nice. People keep complaining on here about the small bathrooms, but I thought it was adequate and had no problems. Great beach in front of the hotel, nice heated pool, and you can see the ocean from many of the rooms.

exellent

Stayed at the Hilton Clearwater, 12 May for 7 nights after spending the previous week in Orlando. The decor was a little dated but still very nice and clean. Regardless of the decor it is a very nice hotel and would highly recommend it. The beach is on your door step with stunning views over the Gulf of Mexico.

What were we getting ourselves into?

My wife scheduled a trip here using Hilton honor points. I happened to read these reviews just prior to our departure and was worried as what to expect. I had visions of dilapadated, soiled mattresses and black mold growing on the walls. Our room was nothing like that. The room itself was nicely decorated, though the bathroom was small. If you are expecting a luxury resort, forget it. You are in the middle of Clearwater Beach, right off a roundabout traffic circle. It is not a quiet beach resort, and it was loud at times. We had the partial view of the gulf, beach, and view south. (and straight down was the parking lot) The desk staff, bar, bell hops, and pool staff were all friendly and infomative. If you are looking for a 5 star beach experience, look elsewhere. If you are looking for a fun family experience right on the beach, within easy walking distance to tourist activities, consider this place.

Hotel- OOO average Staff- OOOO Location- depends on what you want- (?) quiet luxury/relaxation -O family fun -OOO

Small rooms, great location and staff.

Yes the rooms are small. They are also clean and the hotel location cannot be beat. Pool and Beach are both at the foot of the hotel. The staff was outstanding. We stayed for 7 days with no regrets whatsoever.
$12 daily resort fee is optional and should be considered carefully. We did not get good use out of that fee. My whole family enjoyed the stay (including 2 children under 5).

Horrible Hilton

by TripAdvisor Member shellsandseahorses

Save yourself the aggravation and do not stay here. We were truly dissapointed. Our room was musty and full of mildew not to mention the sheets were soiled. Management said they were bleach stains...how dare they insult our intelligence. Four hours past and they were unable to find us another room. Needless to say, we left and do not plan on returning to the hotel anytime soon. According to management, they will be remodeling. It needs it. For anyone expecting a true Hilton Hotel experience at this location, look elsewhere.

Not as bad as I thought

After reading the many negative reviews the night before we left, I had a pit in my stomach the whole flight. We just got back from a 5 night stay and it definitely wasn't that bad. Great location, beautiful beach, nice pools, nice poolside bar & grill and tiki bar. The "bellboys/concierge" were very nice and extremely helpful. The only major complaint was that our partial waterview room overlooked the restaurant rooftop with a very noisy air conditioner unit. We had already upgraded from the noisy street side so we did not move again although the noise really bothered me. The view was great if we could have spent any time on the balcony. Rooms also need some updating especially the bathroom. A small refridgerator would have been really nice. Highlight for the kids was the local pirate ship ride.

We had a great time at the Hilton!

Don't be scared off from staying here! I was terrified because of the negative reviews, but we had a very nice time. We had a decent and clean room (clean linens; thick, fluffy towels) on the 5th floor overlooking the beach and pool areas. The staff was very accommodating and courteous. The lead waitress in Reflections was VERY friendly and gave us a coupon for 20% off the breakfast buffet. Due to a delay in getting a rollaway and refrigerator, management gave us 4 free drink coupons (the drinks are pricey but yummy!). My children loved staying there, the pools were warm, not overcrowded. I would stay there again.

Nice Public Beach, Hotel So-So

by TripAdvisor Member friendoffla

Just got back from Clearwater.
We checked in here after leaving the Sunspree,
(which was really, really awful) The Hilton
let us check in early which was great, the price was steep 179 plus 12 dollar resort fee which is optional. This was the lowest price they had. Parking is 5 dollars per night. The restuarant was Ok we had the breakfast buffet one morning, about 12 dollars per person and 5 for kids. It was good but pricey. We liked the pool but could have done without the live entertainment which was not always appropriate for our kids. There are 2 pools, use the second one for young kids, it is shallower. Our room was on the 4th floor, directly over the hotel air conditioning system which is loud. We could see the beach from our room to the side. We also heard music and noise from the bar which was also under our room until 12:00am on Fri. night. No fridge or microwave, and no TV channels that my child liked, (No disney, or nickelodeon, but they do have HBO, which cannot be watched with kids in the room.) The rooms are very basic, and old but they are quite clean. The beds were comforatable. The beach is actually a public beach but it is very nice. We were able to walk to shops and places to eat. Pier 60 right is next door and has a festival every night with music, craft vendors, and lots of family oriented activity, the kids enjoyed the park, which is lit after dark.
The hotel was just ok but the location is great and that is what we payed for I guess. My friend stayed at the Sheraton Sand Key and highly recommends it. We will probably try that next time, if we can get in there, as they were booked at least a month before we left.

Pictures are worth a thousand words, but could be misleading

We stayed at the Hilton the beginning of May. I booked our entire trip to Flordia on line. I wanted the final days of our trip to relaxing and a great finale to wonderful family holiday. We have never stayed at a Hilton Hotel before, I thought the name would speak for itself. What a disappointment. Very old, worn and dated rooms. Luckly we didn't spend much time in it. I thought we must have got an old unrenovated room. They couldn't all look like this, but they did, expect on the internet. I'm not sure where they got those photos of the room from, they didn't seem to be at this hotel.

The drapes, chairs and bedspread were very soiled and/or stained. We avoided using, sitting, touching or direct contact. Uncleaniless is one thing I don't care to tolerate, but we wanted to make the best of our trip. Parking was a nightmare, because the local people use the lot and pay the same fee as you do for parking. Even the elevators were old and run down.

The pool was nice, clean and warm. The beach was fabulous and kept very clean. It was beautiful the highlight of the hotel, by far. They have an excellent location, very picturesque. There were lots of attractions nearby.

I am sure most Hiltons are not in this condition or they wouldn't survive. I wish our experience of a Hilton would have been better. It didn't leave me with the confidence I could book a Hilton in the future and be assured I would be booking a standard of a fine quality hotel. They would have to go a long way to clean up this hotel to improve it's image.

Comments