Clearwater Beach Hotels

• Azonie profile photo Azonie
  • Reviews: 76

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Clearwater Beach Cottage

I can honestly say that this place was well worth the money. If you go after the first week in may then the cost is only 575.00 per week. Way better then a motel/hotel/B&B and WAY more private too! If you visit the website at the link provided and see the pictures they really do truthfully represent the place.

The place was pretty clean when we arrived but the blinds and the baseboards could have used a good dusting, other then that it was very clean.

You will have to send half of the rent when you book your reservation. Then pay the rest along with a refundable 200.00 security deposit with a nonrefundable 50.00 cleaning fee when you arrive. So you pay a total of 625.00 after you get your 200.00 back.

What makes this place nice is the fact that it's on a side road and it sits behind another house so it's not really viewable from the street at all. The street that it's on dead ends at the beach which is about a stones throw away.

This place is suitable for two people since there is only one bed but if you have a small child you could probably use the little sofa provided.

One other thing to note is that there is another unit directly above the one that we stayed in. It traverses the entire bottom unit so if anyone is staying up there then you will most likely hear everything. What we did to drown out the noise was to just set the thermostat fan to always on, that did two things, it kept the cool air circulating and it did the job on drowning out any noise. It was for the most part pretty quiet there though.

The bathroom is right directly off the bedroom and it's a really nice bathroom too. :-) What I did was to turn on the exaust fan along with the recessed heat lamps to keep the steam off the mirror and it worked like a charm. :-)

I can't give this place five stars because of three reasons. #1 is the fact that the washer and dryer provided is PAY per wash and dry.

#2 You also have to share the washer and dryer with about 5-6 other rentals in the area. When I found out about the pay units it kind of ticked me off a little because nowhere in the ad does it tell you that. I also hated having to share it because I had to wait while others did their laundry ahead of me and some of them would just leave it and forget about it, I guess. I just took theirs out and folded it and put ours in. :-) Laundry ethics must be adhered to. ;-) It costs 1.25 per washer load and .75 per dryer load and you get about 30 mins per .75 I would advise putting it at the highest temp.

#3 The bedroom is TOO well lit with outside light. We had to put towels and whatever else we could find over the sheer draperies which worked out pretty well. Before that though we couldn't sleep very well with all the light coming in. Check the Laundry shed for extra towels or blankets etc if you need to block out the light. There's always plenty extra in there.

#4 ok I thought there was only 3 reasons but I just remembered another. NO internet connection even though the ad says free wifi. We have a decent laptop and no matter how hard we tried we could not get more then one bar on the connection. It might have to do with the fact that the rental unit is surrounded by other homes and they might be blocking the signal. I will give instructions on where to go for wifi in another tip.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Water Sports, Beaches, Fishing
  • Written May 12, 2008
Tip Photo

As you walk up from the driveway

• FloridaHurricane profile photo FloridaHurricane
  • Reviews: 8

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Marriott @ Sand Key, Clearwater Beach Florida: Birthday Bash

We had a suite, very nice room, beds were beautiful, beautiful sheets and comforter, bathroom door was a sliding type door, heavy and difficult to close, beautiful views from the 8th floor looking in all directions. Every Friday and Saturday night from 9:30 PM till closing, half priced drinks, the Lemon Martini's were FANTASTIC! I've never had one before, it was cold, just how I like my martini's. I will definitely be going back for the Lemon Drop martini's.

Beautiful views, walking access to some nice restaurants, coffee shops, some beach shops, free hotel taxi to take one over the bridge to Clearwater Beach. Staff very nice...

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Arts and Culture, Singles
  • Written October 22, 2012
Tip Photo

8th Floor balcony looking south on Gulf Blvd.

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful