Quality Hotel on the Beach

Quality Hotel On the Beach
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 87% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Quality Hotel on the Beach

OK for a last minute getaway

by TripAdvisor Member PopLol

The Quality Inn Clearwater Beach was nice for a last minute, well priced getaway. However, on the weekends(Sat & Sun, the place becomes "party central" for the locals between 20-25. They moor their boats in the small swimming area and take over the bar and beach area. We got there on a Thursday and heard about the weekend events from a maintenance staff. It was definitely loud (music) and unfortunately, there was some rough stuff going on between those who were drinking... The hotel didn't have any type of security so the trouble spilled over into the "area reserved for hotel guests". That was NOT what I bargained for!

Party Central

Quality on the Beach is great IF you are young, want to party, drink and mingle in the social scene.
On the beach, the chairs are in the shapes of beds...actual beds... what does that suggest?
The room itself needed some upkeeping. The patio door did not open or close without a Valiant effort. The staff was EXTREMLEY nice and can not complain about them at all. The hotel is actually connected to an IHOP.. which was great for 24 hour room service, but try to get a seat in the morning and FORGET ABOUT IT! It was at LEAST a 45 minute wait. The beach is rather small, as it houses a lot of local boats coming to and from the TIKI HUT. On the weekends it is PARTY CENTRAL and unless you are in the scene and ready to have fun.. there will be no rest and relaxation. I suggest the younger crowd would love this...Overall..if you are a family looking for a quiet get away.. try to find some place else..also cheaper.

Pleasant stay at Quality Hotel on the Beach

Quality Hotel on the Beach surpassed my expectations. We arrived a little over an hour before check-in time and they were able to get us into both rooms we had booked right away. Very friendly desk staff everytime we needed anything. The room was clean, the view of the Gulf was very nice, the balcony had 2 chairs. The fridge and microwave worked great. One of the rooms did have sink problems on the second day, but it was fixed immediately and courteously. The IHOP was convenient, right next to the lobby. The pool is a few steps away from the beach. They had nice sunning beds on the beach that were padded and we never had a problem getting one. I would definitely go to this hotel again.

Not so great

by TripAdvisor Member flipflopfool

My husband and I wanted a few days of R and R on the beach so we headed to Clearwater Beach. We were disappointed in the area overall. Although the area is pretty there is not much to do. We were surprised at how few restaruants there were to choose from and very little shopping options. As for the Quality on the Beach hotel we had some issues. The hotel overall was very nice and clean. However, when you head out to the beach the lounge chairs have been built into doll beds painted in pastel colors. Not at all what I am looking for at the beach. They really took away from the beach atmosphere. Luckily the pool area was very nice. Our other problems were that we were there on a weekend. Due to the location of the hotel, on the causeway, there was tons of boat traffic and it smelled of gasoline because of this. Then the fun starts. Two hotels down the beach is a very happening bar. All of the boaters park their boats on OUR beach and all over the water so they can go to the bar. There were so many boats in the swimming area that you could hardly even get into the water. The second day we drove to the public beach and paid to park to avoid the annoyances. My suggestion would be to pick another beach town all together. That or go mid week.

beware

If you love dirty rooms with a view of a fence stay here, if not go to Shephard's. From the very start I knew I had been deceived. Our room was on the first floor facing a fence all the way around. the room itself smelled of urine and the shower didn't even have a fixture on it. the paint was peeling everywhere. It was NASTY!! And to top it off the beach was filled with boats where you couldn't even swim. And these cute little beds in pastels that were so tacky on the beach. All the other hotels had beautifull umbrella chairs and then you get to this beach and you see the beds...horrible. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy!

Crappy Hotel On the Inlet

I heard so many good things about the hotel, so I decided to give it a try. I wish I hadn't. I think the hotel should be renamed "Crappy Hotel on the Inlet" for a few reasons. First, the hotel is located on the inlet and NOT THE BEACH. If you want to swim in the ocean and relax on the beach, this hotel is not for you. It has boats docked near the shore, not to mention tons of crap that washes up on the shore- which makes the water unswimable. My husband and I ended up driving to the public beach after paying more money for this supposedly "quality hotel on the beach." What a waste of money. Plus, my shower was broken- there was no shower head, and the tub had a huge rip in the tiles. Maid service not so good either. In my opinion, this place is extremely over-rated and definitely not worth the money. If you want to go swimming in a nice beach, try the public beach and stay at the Howard Johnson Express or Days Inn- right across the street from the good beach. Don't go to Crappy Hotel on the Inlet (also watch out for Shepards- same deal b/c it's also on the inlet- it's 2 hotels down from Crappy Hotel.)

Not a great little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Elcondo

On arrival we were given a ground floor room with a great view of a fence and a terrible smell of damp. We complained and were told there were no more rooms, the room was then sprayed with air freshener. The smell was worse the next day, on insisting we were then given a much better room and were then fairly happy with the place albeit the maid service was very poor throughout. There is a real problem at the weekend with local boaters and the smell of petrol but during the week it was OK. In fairness to an extent you get what you pay for and this is not billed as a 5 star hotel, if you can afford it spend a bit more money and go somewhere else.

A great value!!

by TripAdvisor Member christian

My family and I stayed at this hotel 2 summers ago and had a great time . It is right on the beach so it was great for seashell hunting and walks at night. I really think for the price it was a great value. Be careful by the pool with young children my son almost drowned ,there is no lifeguard. All in all I would definately suggest this hotel for the price. It is not the ritz carlton nor are you paying the ritz carlton price. The restaurant in the hotel was convenient, there was nice music outside and an outdoor bar, there were many little excursions to plan in the area . I swear I enjoyed it more than Disney ,it was much more relaxing.

tropical paradise...

gorgeous relaxing private beach! live bands were excellent! our gulf view room was sooo cuteee lovely to wake up and see the water and sun rise... clean neat room, friendly staff!!! we had a blast and i would totally stay here again!!!!!!!!

Very friendly and caring staff

We arrived just after a storm and the power was out to the island. I had knee surgery just prior to our vacation and needed to get to my room. The rooms had not been cleaned yet because of the power outage. The staff took us to our room anyway so I could elevate my knee to stop the swelling. An Asst. Manager, Brad, carried thirty five pounds of ice up five flights of stairs so I could ice my knee down. Brenda, a desk clerk, offered to give us a ride to the aquarium when she got off of work. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room had a small fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The partial gulf view was beautiful to wake up to in the morning. I would recommend this hotel and I am going back in October.

Comments