1160 Gulf Boulevard, Clearwater, Florida, 33767, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Sheraton.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Sheraton's Spot on the Key

On my business trip to Clearwater Beach, I was actually looking for an off brand hotel to stay for an inexpensive amount. When I looked however, the corporate rate at the Sheraton Sand Key this evening was tremendous. From the brief period of time where it was still light out, you could tell that this is a beautiful place to spend one night, or many nights. The white sand beach is beautiful out the back door, as is the pool area.

As a platinum member of SPG, I was upgraded to a great suite overlooking the pool and the beach, and unfortunately I did not focus my camera correctly, so you will not get to see how beautiful the sunset was from my balcony. The room itself is very spacious, with a couch and two chairs in the living area, and a nice king size bed in the bedroom. The room has also been upgraded to include a 42" flat panel TV with HD. There is also a living area with a table and four chairs to have a meal if you like.

Overall, the bed is very comfortable with the sweet sleeper bed. If you are a platinum member, you also get free breakfast, gym, and wireless.

I would definitely come back for a personal vacation if our trips lead us to Tampa.

• BAD PLACE FOR A WEDDING

We are planning a wedding of 200 guests and stayed at the Sheraton Sand Key to ensure that this was truly the location we wanted to host our wedding. We met with “Bonnie”, the so called ‘Manager of Events’ on Mar9th, 2008. When we initially met w/ her she did not introduce herself, shake our hands, or even say “congratulations” on our wedding engagement. There was only a 2 page brochure of prices (literally). When we asked about other features of the wedding, catering, and aspects of the event she listed prices off the top of her head as we walked around the property. When I asked for them in writing (several times), she said they did not have that avail. The hotel was clearly not in favor of hosting special events such as weddings or wedding receptions. As a direct result of the lack of assistance and negative attitude of “Bonnie” – event manager of Sheraton Sand Key, we will not be hosting our 200+ guest wedding at this location.

We were extremely unsatisfied at our stay at the Sheraton Sand Key. We stayed the weekend at this location so that we could meet with “Bonnie”, the so called ‘Manager of Events’ to plan our wedding at this location. She had no customer service or personality at all. She went out of her way to make us feel Uncomfortable. We drove 1.5 hours to meet with her and she made us feel like we were ‘wasting’ her time, she was rude, useless, & wasted our time.

Please do not waste your’s, the Sheraton Sand Key is NOT a good place to have a wedding or wedding reception!

Unique Quality: POOR Customer Service - Bad Place for a Wedding!!!

Directions: Clearwater Beach

• 850prc's Profile Photo

Perfect location/great hotel over on Sand Key

This is your basic Sheraton beachfront resort. It has all the accommodation and accessories that you'd expect.

The "family rooms" are especially spacious and comfortable for a family of up to 4. You won't be falling over each other here. Nice balconies on every room.

Unique Quality: The hotel is close to Clearwater Beach, yet it's still far enough away. There aren't any cruddy hotels or hippie beach shack shops around this hotel. They have a huge private beach, and things are just generally a little quieter across the bay on Sand Key.

Directions: From Clearwater Beach, follow FL699 heading south. Cross the causeway to Sand Key. The Sheraton is the first hotel after a large city park, on the right.

More about Sheraton Sand Key Resort

Sheraton Sand Key at Clearwater Beach

by Muya

As far as I can remember, the hotel was very nice. I especially remember the pool, so refreshing during the hot Floridian summer, and I was really impressed by the beach ! What a long stretch of sand before reaching the sea !!!

I checked their website and it seems the building is much more decorated now than it was 10 years ago :-)

Everythink you would want your Florida vacation to be

The Sheraton Sand Key Resort was outstanding and everything you would want your Florida vacation to be. The hotel has a lovely private beach where my daughters experienced parasailing for the first time. They loved it. The food and service was wonderful in all of their restaurants that we hardly ate anywhere else. The hotel was so clean that the tiles sparkled. Different trolleys stop right by the hotel so you can visit other parts of the area for shopping. The best part of the hotel was the staff. Everyone we met or just saw were friendly and helpful. This is a well run hotel and my daughters are already talking about returning next March. The other guests were enjoying themselves so much that the atmosphere was quite comfortable.

Great Place

Alot of our decision to stay at the Sand Key Resort was based on the reviews we read. This motel did not disappoint us. We were pleased with all the aminities and our view was great. It's very family oriented and yes, everyone associated with the resort was very friendly. The hike to the beach might be a little long, but they do bring food and drink to you, so that was nice. Everything you could want to do at the beach was right there. We rented wave runners and skimmed over the small swells with several dolphins which was pretty neat. There is also a really good parasailing rental there as well. The beach was beautiful and the water very clear. We definitely recommend the Sand Key Resort and will return ASAP!! :).

Fantastic hotel in Clearwater!!!

by TripAdvisor Member mikeschadek

My family (wife, 3-year-old, 5-year-old, grandma and grandpa) stayed the week of April 30-May 6, 2004 and absolutely LOVED this hotel. The accomodations are immaculate and the pool area is tremendous. One of the great things about the resort is the location--close to Clearwater Beach (5 minute drive over the bridge) but far enough away for peace and quiet. It truly offers the best of both worlds. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms decently sized and the Turtle Bar mixes a mean Rum Runner. The only drawback is the fact that the ocean is quite a hike over the private beach. It truly is a hike from the pool area to the actual water and the trek is a little difficult with small children in tow. Still, the private beach is fantastic and very secluded for quality time with the family. My only suggestion to the management would be to provide music poolside. Apart from this, this is the perfect family spot for a great Florida vacation. We will definitely return and highly recommend this to our family and friends.

Had an excellent time!

We only spent a few days at the Sand Key but what a great place. The kids really enjoyed the pool area and I loved the beach. I have to agree with other reviews that the hike from the pool to the Gulf is a bit too far but what a beautiful beach! The food at the hotel was excellent and the poolside restaurant makes one of the most delicious tuna salad sandwiches I've ever had. All in all an exceptionally nice hotel to spend time at the beach or by the pool. The rooms were an okay size (could be a bit bigger) but the whole place was spotless. We had a beautiful view of the pool area and beach from our balcony. We easily recommend the Sand Key.

Awesome!

We recently went to Clearwater for a short vacation and stayed at the Sheraton. We loved every minute, from the moment we arrived until the moment we (sadly) left. The hotel was very clean, everyone was pleasant, and the beach was as wonderful as I had hoped. I am a "finicky" traveler, but I couldn't have asked for anything more. I can't wait until we can return!

Fun, Fun, Fun till daddy takes the T-Bird away

by pchamlis

"Classic birds at Sand Key"

While we were staying at the Sheraton Sand Key, they hosted members of a classic Thunderbird club. I'm a huge fan of the old 1955-57 two seater t-birds. This show brought in some real beauties.

On the outside chance that some of YOU out there are big t-bird fans, let me share a few parking lot photos.

Get out "Endless Summer" and throw it on the CD player. Fun, Fun, Fun indeed.....

"...Like a virgin?"

OK, this cherry is virgin white. But, picking up your date in THIS beauty might just make the difference. ; )

"Some colors just say "Florida""

And, when it comes to Florida colors, none seems to surface more than marine aqua. Check out the look on this Sunshine State classic.

"Going to the dogs"

Anyone who knows me is fully aware that I follow US college sports, especially football. The University of Georgia calls their football team the "Bulldogs" and their colors are red, black and white.

So, I'm guessing that the owner of this T-Bird had some connections to the University of Georgia. Or, if he/she doesn't, he probably should.

Sheraton Sand KeySheraton Sand Key