Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cocoa

301 Tucker Lane, Cocoa, Florida, 32926, United States
Holiday Inn Express Cocoa
HIExpress.com Travelocity Booking.com

More about Cocoa

dog and bone british pubdog and bone british pub

Flag outsideFlag outside

Looking out from insideLooking out from inside

Sign at the doorSign at the door

Travel Tips for Cocoa

A geography lesson: Starting...

by gmcard777

A geography lesson: Starting at the ocean is Cocoa Beach, Banana River, Merritt Island, Indian River and then Cocoa. Cocoa Beach, Merritt Island and Cocoa are all seperate towns seperated by the rivers. The natives are sensitive about being called by the correct name. Brevard Avenue, the center of town, is charming. Many little boutique shops, a few antique stores and the Cocoa Village Play House that puts on great shows. There are several good resturants including Cafe Margeaux. A great new riverside park with play equipment for small children.

Whitley Bay Marina Incorporated

by grandmaR

This marina apparently no longer takes transients - only people who belong to the yacht club who live in the condos that are next door. We got to the Whitley Marina at about 1600 and tied up after a trip of 288 nm total, and a trip today of 54.8 sm at an average speed of 6.1 mph. There was a guy with a black and white border collie type dog on an Egg Harbor that helped with the docking.

I went up and paid and got maps and information at the marina office, and after we put everything away, we walked up into town. After dinner, we walked out through town - most of the shops were open still. There was a street player, and a horse and carriage with a lady driver with a Jack Russell giving carriage rides.

April 4, 2004 - Sunday
When I reset my watch to daylight savings, I accidentally also advanced the date by one day. So when I write in my journal, I'm a day behind where my watch says I am.

Saw SANCTUARY (a CSY 37) at the old docks for this marina. Also got to watch a comedic docking operation by a power boat. He could not get docked stern to the dock even with 3 people on the boat and about 5 or 6 people standing on the docks and finger piers to help pull on lines. He eventually gave up and docked bow in.

April 5, 2004
Left relatively early April 5th while the wind was not too strong, and went up to Titusville.

Beautiful Cocoa!

by rikteeg

"Beauty in Florida"

Everywhere you go there is a tropical beauty and the warm humid air adds a special feel to the senses. Build yourself a shelter on the beach and watch the sun go down. If possible schedule your visit in order to view a shuttle launch. Check out Cape Canaveral, Jetty Park, Ron Jon's and be on the look out for alligators in wet, swampy areas

Comments