Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel

Booking.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• lisa85202's Profile Photo

Convenient Best Western on the beach

We stayed here one night prior to a cruise out of Port Canaveral. The hotel is very large and had many different buildings. There is a tall tower on the beach with ocean views. We stayed in the cheaper building that was just 2 stories tall, with outside access to your room. Still very convenient to the beach. You have to walk to a different building for breakfast but they had a very large spread including scrambled eggs and sausage. At least 2 swimming pools on the property.

The room we had did not have a bath tub, just a walk in shower, but there were two sinks separated by a door which we liked. The room included a refrigerator and microwave.

Unique Quality: Convenient location, great free breakfast, good price for a hotel on the beach, and included 15% coupon to Ron Jon's surf shop.

We booked a non-refundable room with the hotels website and received a very good price!!

Directions: On the main drag of Cocoa Beach A1A near the pier.

• sherita's Profile Photo

An okay motel

It was clean but not very updated. If you are like me and only want a place to sleep, this is a good choice.
    If you are a government employee or contractor, ask for the government rate - if available it can save you a significant amount.

Unique Quality: Right on the beach. About a block away from some very good resturants and souvenir shops.

More about Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel

Typical Best Western

by TripAdvisor Member Bennett

I am glad I ignored some of the previous reviews and opted for a short stay at this property. It was well up to the usual Best Western standard and I have no complaints at all. Yes the music by the pool was loud but it went off when the pool bar closed (about 6 pm) and I could not hear it anyhow from my room fifty feet away. Remodelling is in progress on the two storey blocks and my room was clean and well appointed. I would definitely stay here again.

Inexpensive and fun pre-cruise stay

by TripAdvisor Member akbunti

I had some doubts about this hotel after reading some of the reviews, but as I was traveling with a group that had chosen this site, I decided to tough it out.
I need not have worried. We stayed for 2 days. We were able to check into our rooms early, front desk staff was helpful and friendly, and the whole experience was much better than I expected.

Although as some folks have written, part of the hotel is under reconstruction (hurricanes, folks!) We found the rooms more than adequate for our needs. We had 4 rooms rented, 1 king in the tower, 1 king in the poolside, and 2 double doubles. Each room had a coffeemaker and small fridge. The poolside rooms had a kitchenette area like a mini-suite. The air conditioner worked just fine, we had coffee and clean towels every day. While the rooms in the two-story pool section were older, they were clean and cool. There were outside corridors, and no elevator in that section. Each section of the hotel had a guest laundry, ice and coke machine, etc.

Hubby and I were in the tower which is the newer part of the hotel..inside corridors and very nice. The bed was comfy, and the decor restful. Ther were both elevators and stair, and the tower is 8 stories tall I think. Goregeous view of the beach/ocean and cocoa beach pier. We watched boats and ships and surfers from our balcony. The rest of the time we were at the pool bar, or beach or walking to one of the nearby restaurants or shops.

We didn't expect the Ritz, and this wasn't. But we had fun, and would stay there again...especially for the price.

Lovely Oceanfront Suite

I agree with other reviewers that there is a certain lack of disclosure with advertising for this property - you see the photo of the lovely newer tower right on the beach and might assume this is where your room will be. Thanks to this site, I knew to ask for the "tower."

We stumbled in around 11:00 a.m. on a Sunday after a disastrous night at the place we had reserved and then checked out early. We were determined to find an oceanfront room with a king bed SOMEWHERE - not a side view, not across the street, but ocean-FRONT. We live in the desert and are clear on our priorities. The VERY nice desk clerk named Marlene spent some time searching her computer for us looking for a room that met our criteria - she ended up having to book us into a junior suite, which cost about $50/night more than we really were prepared to pay, but we did it anyway after looking at the room. It was on the 5th floor of the tower, bright, airy, spotlessly clean and spacious. It had a king bed and then a seating area/kitchenette separated from it by a half-wall. Not only that, we were able to check in immediately rather than waiting until 4 p.m.

Staff was always cheerful and friendly during our three-night stay. We were able to park right under the building most of the time, and the walkway to the beach was right there. We liked watching the kitty cats hunt below our spacious balcony. The A/C was more than adequate, although we left our door open to the ocean breeze most of the time.

I don't recall hearing a SINGLE guest through a wall - either laterally or up-and-down - during our stay. I heard some plumbing sounds occasionally and that was it. No TVs, no footsteps, no voices.

I travel to Orlando on business in January of every year, and would gladly stay in that exact suite next year.

Ask for the tower and you will not be disappointed - and no, there is NO cheap oceanfront view in Cocoa Beach. A lack mentality will end up costing you money every single time.

Great View

by TripAdvisor Member mcs1981

There is a lobby area with an adjoining Perkins Restaurant and Durrango Steakhouse. The staff were very friendly. The 'courtyard' rooms surround the pool area and then at the end of this section are the 'tower' rooms. An eight floor building overlooking the ocean (the one you see in the photos). We had room 707 which was, obviously, the 7th floor, and the corner suite.

There was a very comfortable king bed and tv in the bedroom and then a low wall separating a small sitting area with sofa, chair, tv, refrigerator and microwave and sink. The room and bathroom was clean and well equipped. The shower was very powerful and very hot. The faucets were a little stiff to turn...obviously quite old and could maybe do with replacing. The balcony was accessible through a door and was large enough for two chairs and a small table. The view was GREAT!! Almost on top of the beach, right next to the boardwalk leading out to the beach. Views of the beach, ocean and pier. Watched the cruise ships coming and going and the dolphins and right whales of the shore. Lots of birds.

We went to a restaurant on the pier for dinner which was nice. Great views.

Clean and Reasonable

by TripAdvisor Member Andrew.Josh

We stayed at this motel before and after a cruise and found it to be great. It was clean, recently renovated and right on the beach. Each garden room had a fridge and microwave. There was a perkins restaurant right in the parking lot for any food needs, also there were many rstaurants and markets within walking distance. The beach was beautiful.

BW Oceanfront resort.... Not safe or a resort

We stayed at the Best Western OceanFront Resort In Feb 06. Upon arriaval the lobby was dirty, bathrooms not stocked. bad first impression. After checking into to our NON oceanfront room, misleading advertising, we were greated to a brightly decorated room, not bad very nice, but the room had a moldy odor. Upon settling in a bit I check out the restroom. Apparently the 'Newly remodeled rooms advertised on the sign missed something'. the bathrooms are terrible, the vanity is held together with black drywall screws, the mirrors are worn, the bathtubs are thin plastic that pull from the walls, caulking is torn, tile floors have filthy black grout. they did have a hair dryer, but that too was in bad shape. I spoke with several hotel staff, they tried to be pleasant but I could help but get the impression that all these problems were well known and management would not correct them. One employee, in maintenance even stated they were aware and trying to get replacements for the hair dryer but parts are never on hand.

I was very dissapointed. the staff did try their best. i asked to speak with the housekeeping manager, but she was unavailable, instead a housekeeping supervisor came to the room. I showed her the floors and the let her smell the room. She said she was sorry about the room and that there is a new 'resort' being formed between the Best Western property and the next-door Days Inn. She said she is usually at the days inn side and didn't know much about 'this side'. I asked if the Housekeeping manager (Peggy is the name to lady stated) was around she said she was in the laundry room and would try to get her to come to the room... try too, hmm. After an hour there was no manager, we again saw a staff member and asked if the housekeeping manager was in, she said she hardly comes to this side...

Also during our short time we witnessed several homeless people using the hotel ice machine and even asked my teenage son for some money!!! Now I know some people maybe on hard times but come on, where is the security.

Well, after that I knew there were problems with this hotel, much more than cleanliness and mainenance. We packed our stuff and went back to the desk. We inquired about the Hhousekeeping manager and or the General Manager, neither responded to the desks phone calls or thier internal radio calls. I asked if we could check out and gave the reasons why, they said that since it had been acouple hours they would have to charge me. Well after explaining the hours were spent talking to their staff without getting any results I should not be to blame. I ended up not having to pay after the two homeless gentelman came into the lobby for coffee and I told the desk clerk that those two men even tried to get my son to give them money!

After leaving we were met by a salesperson for the ron jon resort, we took him up on his offer and stayed at a great resort for $100 a night!!! This place was fantastic, huge pool area, theater, game room, mini golf. although it is a time share resort they do rent rooms out as a hotel. They saved our trip and all i can say it that the Best Western Resort is the Worst Western Motel.

Sweet Oceanview !! Nice Hotel !!

I read hundreds of reviews before deciding to book our stay at the BestWestern Oceanfront. I must say I was very pleased with our room and service and will definitely stay there again in the future. The view from our room of the Cocoa Beach and Pier was excellent ! We did have an oceanfront room in the Tower up on the 8th floor (the highest floor) and it was very nice and clean. The hotel staff were very nice and handled our check-in and out very promptly. In a word, this is how a hotel stay should be ! If you go, eat at Zachary's for breakfast (about a mile north on the left side near Radisson), great pancakes and omelets! Also, the hotel restaurant Durango's steakhouse was excellent (we ate there twice and there was plenty of food for the money) ! Great selection of Margharita's and the food selection was great too. Also, as I am sure you may read in other reviews, you have to check out Ron Jon's Surf Shop in town (they are open 24 hours and really have a great selection of clothing) we got 15 % off our purchases with our Hotel card.

SMALL ROOM BUT VERY NICE

by TripAdvisor Member owlice

March 1, 2006
We only stayed here one night so we could pick up the in-laws from the Disney Cruise. This motel is very nice. The pool area was clean, fairly quite with just a bit of music playing, small towels to use and a concession area. Overall it was quite nice. The room we had (126) was on the small side but very nicely decorated. It had a micro wave and a frig. The bath was clean and the toiletries were displayed nicely. I was impressed. I was not expecting this motel to be so nice. I would stay here again. I didn't get to talk to any of the staff but it didn't take long for my husband to check-in or out. So they must be good at their jobs.

A Great Vacation!

by TripAdvisor Member Sweetpea03

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during our school's spring break. It was a great place to stay. The room that we recieved was a double with an efficiacy. It was comfortable for the amount of time that we stayed in the room. The pool and surrounding area was comfortable. We enjoyed the pool in the morning and later in the evening. The beach are was clean and the water cool and refreshing.
The staff was wonderful and helpful with any information that we needed. They tried their best to accommodate us and made us feel really welcomed.
The only thing that was wrong with this vacation was the fact that we had to go back home. We had a great time and will definitely be going back to this hotel in the future.

Comments