3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 87% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Central Beach Location

I stayed for 11 nights and found the hotel to be properly rated as a 3 star hotel and would consider stayin there again. I thought that everything about the hotel was "Average" but acceptable.

Unique Quality: There were no "Outstanding" characteristics.

• doug48's Profile Photo

ocean front

the doubletree hotel is a nice resort hotel on the ocean in central cocoa beach. all of the amenities of a good resort hotel.

Directions: on A1A just south of ron jon's

• hoofhearted's Profile Photo

Right on the Beach!

Just remodeled after Hurricane (who?). Beautiful rooms, bedding, etc. All rooms have "ocean views", some are better than others. But, if you want an oceanview, just walk out the front door of the hotel! Nice little pool to cool off, and very friendly staff.

Unique Quality: Direct beach access

More about Doubletree Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

we loved this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LJB

My family of 2 young children,my husband and I stayed here in late March,early April of 2005 for 3 nights after being at Disney on a conference/family vacation. It met our expectations more than I had thought it would. We also couldn't check in right away but went exploring and found a great cappucino shop in downtown Cocoa Beach where we went every morning. The kids loved the pool(so did we) and the beach was right there. I really hated to leave that warm ocean water and return to the cold northeast!No sea lice like in Delray Beach and West Palm either. We had a side view of the ocean and could hear the waves every day and night.It was tough to leave. The staff was helpful and we also were given extra cookies,even in the restaurant-yummy as my kids would say! We ate in the restaurant and found it good as well as the walk down the beach to the pier where we found a good restaurant. This was a very relaxing time. The hotel is quiet with no car noises or neighbor noises which we appreciated. We are coming back this April and can't wait. I was a travel agent,travel alot, and am very discriminating and picky and I would highly recommend this hotel.We had an upper room with the breakfast which was good and we brought it to our room every morning. We never took part in the complimentary wine and h'ors d'oeurvres at night but I think this time we won't be getting that. Too bad,because I would love to sit on the balcony with a glass of wine this time! The balcony was small but it was such a blessing to have one,since the Hilton does NOT have one that it really didn't matter. Just being able to look down that long expanse of beach every day and night with the door open was great.

Suprised, in a bad way....

by TripAdvisor Member kimkru

Very disappointed with this hotel. I needed a hotel for only 1 night in January. I picked this place on name alone. I figured a Doubletree hotel would be respectable and nice. Boy was I wrong. This should be re-named an Econolodge!!!! Please don't stay here, you will be disappointed unless your expectations are pretty low.

Great Hotel--Terrible Maid Service

This is a beautiful hotel with a convenient location in the heart of Cocoa Beach. It is set back from the main drag so there are not a lot of noises to interfere with the sounds of the ocean which is nice. The rooms are beautiful, huge refridgerators, microwave, etc. The pool area is great, private boardwalk to the beach is nice as well. We were very disappointed with the housekeeping at this hotel. We consider ourselves to be very polite and gracious to staff at hotels, i.e. thanking them, smiling, tipping, etc. Everyday I would leave a couple bucks out on my pillow and we repeatedly received poor service. One day the room still wasn't cleaned by 5pm. After a day at the beach, we want nothing more than to come back to a clean room with fresh towels. The toilet paper rolls didn't get refilled and the garbage not even picked up. Besides that it really is a fabulous hotel and if the management can get this under control it is definitely worth a try!!

Nice hotel, great location

by TripAdvisor Member pmichel

We stayed at the DoubleTree in April 2006. The best thing about this hotel is the outstanding location. You're right on beautiful Cocoa Beach. We found the room to be very comfortable, clean, well equipped (TV, Phone, microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator) and the staff was friendly and efficient. Our room had a great view, oceanfront balcony overlooking the pool, but I could easily see that some oceanfront rooms were less desireable since they were overlooking the restaurant roof top and air conditioning units. The shower could have used more water pressure. There was a problem with the phone service which the staff quickly responded to and then gave us a certificate for food at the 3 Wishes Restaurant inside the hotel. The restaurant was okay for lunch, but disappointed us at dinner. Pool is nice, but a little small. A reasonably priced convenience store is located in the hotel.

Nice room, 0 communication from staff

The room was nice - a little noisy, but I guess that's to be expected during Easter weekend at the beach (lots of children). There was no communication at the hotel. We ordered room service for breakfast (via the door hanger the night before), the door hanger was picked up, but no breakfast ever arrived. We were told later that there was no room service on Easter - after we waited for it. This was annoying. Other than that, the hotel was average.

Beware

by TripAdvisor Member rusty123

The rooms have the noisiest air conditioning units I have ever heard. Impossible to sleep with it on. Staff is friendly, but poorly trained so they are unresponsive to simple requests. Even forget the "cookies".

Nice stay on the beach

by TripAdvisor Member Scootie2

Just got back from 5 days at this DoubleTree (fiance is still there for work until Thursday) and I would stay here again. We had an oceanview room on the right side of the building (right side when facing the ocean) and even though we were almost at the end of the hallway, we still had a nice view of the ocean. The side rooms have small balconies with 2 chairs and a small table. I did talk to someone across the hall on the left side of the building and they said their view wasn't very good. I didn't actually eat in the restaurant but ordered room service once for lunch and it was very quick and very good. I also ordered a couple of drinks and some fruit while at the pool and the service was good. The pool itself is small but it wasn't very busy while I was there. There are lots of pool chairs and plenty of space around the pool. We had no problems with the room getting cleaned. Fridge size is nice and microwave handy for heating up leftovers for lunch since I was on my own during the day. Only problem we encountered was our room keys not working a couple of times. The morning I left our tv wouldn't work, I told the front desk and it was working by the time my fiance got back from work in the evening. The location is great with a private walkway to the beach. The only negative thing I encountered was all the trash on the beach which isn't the hotel's fault. I was shocked at the amount of trash on beach, not trash that had washed up--but trash that people had obviously just not picked up (beer cans, beer bottles, plastic bags, etc.).
Overall, decent hotel on the beach and we would stay here again.

Comments