5575 North Atlantic Avenue, Cocoa Beach, Florida, 32931, United States

IHG Travelocity Booking.com

• Shame on You

I checked in for the government rate and was told I needed "orders" to get the rate, and I was only allowed 1 person to my room. My father in law is retired military with 30 years service and was told he could not have the military rate because he did not have "orders." I know this is not Holiday Inn rules. The management should be ashamed of themselves. Ungrateful for those who serve and have served our country.

• Ugh!

My opinion of this hotel is not flattering in any way. On the day of my arrival, as we left the airport, I received a call from the hotel that informed me that I needed to be prepared to show my government identification upon check in. "Not a problem", I replied. Then the young man informed me that for the government rate, only 1 guest was allowed in the room. Since my husband was with me, I was not eligible for the government rate. I have stayed at Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express hotels all over the country and have never encountered this issue. I sincerely hope the extra $20 I paid for the room was worth it for them to lose a long time, faithful customer! I find it very unethical for them to inform me of this issue when it was too late to cancel the reservation without penalty!

• sherita's Profile Photo

A great hotel

The staff at this hotel is excellent! They have a covered pool with hot tub. The breakfast is free and very tasty. I can't say enough good things about this hotel.
    If you are a govenrment employee or contractor make sure you ask for the government rate.

Unique Quality: Across the street from beach access, you have to walk about three blocks. It's next to a grocery store and some very good resturants. It's also close to souvenir shops.

More about Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach

Looking for hotel

by michaelinvermont

Our girls soccer team is going to be playing at the Cocoa Beach Expo Center in late April, and several familes are looking to find a laid back, family friendly place on the Beach. We don't need to be in the center of it all. One place, Beach Island Resort at 1125 S. Atlantic Avenue looks like a great place.

Any comments about this place? You can e-mail directly mmonte@burlingtontelecom.net

RE: Looking for hotel

by joesorce

Don't know this place but the pool looks very tiny if that matters to you.

Best Western Oceanfront is worth considering.

TheInnatCocoaBeach.com is a nice spot but known for "quiet", they might not appreciate a girl's soccer team checking in.

RE: Looking for hotel

by turbosloth

I've been a local for many years and can tell you that the nearest Expo Center is in Cocoa, but not Cocoa Beach, and there's a major difference. I wouldn't recommend any hotels in Cocoa, but I would recommend the Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach for a girl's soccer team. It's a beachfront hotel and very suitable for families and the younger crowd. Most of the other hotels in Cocoa Beach are either for business travelers or for retirees. You'll have about a 30 minute drive from there to the Expo Center on the west side of Cocoa, through Merritt Island, so you'll need appropriate transportation.

Re: Looking for hotel

by oopsyd

Our family LOVES a place in Cocoa Beach called Wakulla Suites. They are on the beach, large heated pool, very family friendly and the rooms have 2bedrooms and kitchens.

Comments